About Him

The Undomestic Nanny

Chapter 14

As the younger boys were speaking to Yongguk in a friendly manner, Lucy and Annie sat together and watched the exchange. “What does he do again?” Lucy asked.

 

He's a music producer,” Annie answered, unsure herself.

 

Hmm,” Lucy hummed. “That makes sense.”

 

What do you mean?” Annie turned to face her best friend.

 

Zelo wants to get into the music business and Jongup is an aspiring dancer,” Lucy informed her. “Both guys expressed their interest in some big shot music producer, I forget his name. But now that Yongguk's here, it all makes sense.”

 

I see,” Annie nodded slowly in understanding. “That's nice to hear.”

 

I'm kind of jealous,” Lucy remarked. “You've seemed to have hit the jackpot.”

 

There's no reason to be jealous, Luce,” Annie assured her. “You're not missing out on anything. And I assure you that there's nothing going on with Yongguk either. He just wanted to accompany me with the errands Miranda assigned me.”

 

How's that coming along?” Lucy raised an eyebrow.

 

It's going,” she nodded. “It is what it is.”

 

Lucy crossed her arms. “Is that woman overworking you?” she demanded.

 

No! Of course not!” Annie exclaimed defiantly. “I still need time to adjust. That's all.”

 

Well, just so you know, our boss is always open to taking you back in case it doesn't work out,” Lucy informed her. “Me and the boys miss you.”

 

Annie was clearly touched by this. “That's so sweet to hear. I miss you guys too but working here won't help me move up,” she pointed out somberly.

 

I know,” Lucy looked away sadly. “Just know that we'll still be here with open arms.”

 

Annie pulled her best friend in for a hug. “Thank you, Lucy. I don't know what I'd do without you,” she said softly.

 

If that woman gives you a hard time, let me know so I can kick her ,” Lucy offered. “No one treats you like , Annie. No one.” Annie nodded into her friend's shoulder.

 

Whoa! What did we miss?” a voice came from behind Lucy. Annie looked up to find Youngjae and Daehyun gaping at the two girls. “Something good huh?”

 

No, you didn't miss out on anything,” she pulled away from Lucy and ran over to the two guys to embrace them. “I just came by to say hello and I miss you guys.”

 

Don't we feel special,” Youngjae wittily replied.

 

This cafe isn't the same without you, it's more...” Daehyun turned to Youngjae. “What's the right word for it, Jae?”

 

Quiet,” Youngjae finished.

 

Exactly!” Daehyun beamed pointing out. “That's it. It's very quiet. I mean I was annoyed at the noise you made when you were here but I actually miss it. Ow!” Annie punched him shooting him a death glare. “I definitely don't miss that! Geez, feisty much?”

 

You always know how to ruin a good moment, Dae,” Annie rolled her eyes. “Some best friend, you are.”

 

Yes, but you still love me,” Daehyun replied smugly.

 

Don't let it go to that thick little head of yours!” Annie remarked poking his forehead. He swiped her hand away. Youngjae and Lucy found themselves snickering at the exchange between Annie and Daehyun. There was never a dull moment with these two, they thought.

 

Annie?” a deep voice rang out from behind. “Are you ready to go--? Youngjae? Daehyun? What are you guys doing here?”

 

Youngjae and Daehyun gaped. “Yongguk hyung?” they uttered in unison.

 

It was now Annie and Lucy's turn to become shocked. “You know each other?!” they exclaimed simultaneously.


 

So you know my best friends?” Annie asked as soon as they were on their way to pick Daniel up from school.

 

Um, yes, I do,” he answered. “We record together.”

 

I see,” she nodded slowly. “It truly is a small world after all. No offense, I've never even heard of how much of an influence you were until today.”

 

None taken,” he replied.

 

Jongup and Zelo really do admire you,” Annie pointed out. “You must be really awesome to have them fanboying like that. I have to admit, I think it's kind of adorable.” She chuckled.

 

How so?”

 

I don't know,” she shrugged as she thought about it. “It's just because I kind of know you already as a regular guy and not some music producer...”

 

Well, Annie,” he glanced back at her. “You don't know me quite yet. You see, music has always been a huge part of my life. Because I was so passionate about it, I started out in the business at a pretty young age.”

 

Really,” she said flabbergasted at this sudden confession. “I'm actually a little jealous.”

 

Why?” he raised an eyebrow.

 

It seems as if you've already found your calling,” she said bitterly. “I still have yet to find mine.”

 

You'll find it,” he said. “It may not be an overnight thing but you will eventually.”

 

Annie smirked. “Well aren't you so wise,” she . “Tell me something I don't know.”

 

He scoffed smugly. “Of course, I have to be. I'm always right,” he bragged. Annie playfully punched him. “Ow! What was that for?” he whined. She had to admit, he was naturally cute when his boyish side came out.

 

You know, if there's one thing I won't tolerate, it's arrogance,” she barked back.

 

Well, I am telling the truth,” he slightly pouted.

 

Whatever,” she scoffed as she slumped back against the passenger seat. Yongguk grinned to himself as he slightly glanced back at her.

 


The bell rang for Daniel's class to be dismissed. Annie and Yongguk found themselves waiting together outside looking like a young married couple waiting to pick up their child. “People are staring,” Annie said through gritted teeth glancing at Yongguk through her peripheral vision. “I knew it wasn't a good idea for you to tag along.”

 

Well, it's too late now,” he retorted back. “You shouldn't really care what people think, you know.”

 

Easy for you to say, Mr. Hot Shot Music Producer,” she finally turned to face him. “I'm just a nanny, remember? A guy like you shouldn't even be hanging around someone like me.”

 

You know, you shouldn't think that way,” he said sighing. “We're friends now so social standings shouldn't matter when it comes to friendships.”

 

Now the wise guy is talking again,” she rolled her eyes.

 

I try,” he chuckled looking towards the school's entrance. “Do you see him?”

 

Annie followed his gaze towards the entrance only to find Daniel racing out of the school with his friends. His teacher called out to him. “Danny, what did I tell you about running?! Stop running before you hurt yourself!” she scolded him. The boy was too distracted to notice which prompted the teacher to shake her head. Chuckling, Annie and Yongguk walked over to him.

 

He looked up and beamed in excitement. “Yonggukie hyung!” he ran over to the older guy. In turn, Yongguk lifted him off the ground chuckling.

 

Hi there, little buddy!” he greeted the boy with a wide smile. Annie couldn't help but smile with him because watching their interactions were always so adorable, she thought.

 

Are we playing games today?” Daniel asked expectantly.

 

Glancing back at Annie, Yongguk slightly frowned. “Not today, little man,” he said. “Maybe some other time. Hyung's gonna be a little busy and you have piano practice today.”

 

Aw, man!” Daniel frowned in return. “I really wanted to play again too!”

 

I know, me too,” Yongguk sighed as he set the boy down on the ground. “But remember the promise we made last night? I didn't forget. So as soon as I'm not busy with work and you have your free-time, let's go to the arcade.”

 

Okay!” Daniel beamed then turned to Annie. “Do you want to come too, nanny?”

 

Smiling, she turned to Yongguk. “I don't know, am I allowed to tag along?” she asked with a hopeful tone.

 

Of course, you can!” he grinned widely. “You're always welcomed to tag along. The more the merrier!”

 

Great!” she exclaimed excitedly then taking Daniel's hand, they walked over to Yongguk's car. “Let's head home for your piano practice, okay?”


A/N: A double update for you guys!!!! Again, welcome new subbies! I hope we can be friends! ^^ Enjoy!

P.S. Please don't mind the minor errors. >_<