Thanks

The Undomestic Nanny

Chapter 11

Getting tired yet, little buddy?” Yongguk asked finally as he took a side-long glance at the four year old next to him. Daniel begged him to play video games after Annie helped him get dressed. “Because if I didn't know any better, you should be asleep right now.”

 

But hyung!” the four year old whined. “I'm not even tired yet!”

 

You may not be tired but your nanny is,” Yongguk shifted his attention to a yawning Annie, who in turn immediately stopped to stare back at him.

 

Just one more game and I promise I'll go to sleep!” he turned to Annie. “Can I just play one more game with him, Nanny? Pretty please!” he begged giving her his puppy dog eyes. How could she resist such a cutie pie?

 

Sighing, Annie finally nodded. “Alright, one more game then it's off to bed for you, mister,” she said. “Don't try to get out of this one.”

 

Okay! Did you hear that, Yonggukie hyung? She said I can play one more game,” he said beaming at the older guy.

 

Okay then, now that it's settled,” Yongguk shifted his attention to the giant flat screen TV before him. “One more game it is.”


 

After the game, Annie was finally able to tuck Daniel into bed that night as Yongguk stood by the door to watch. “I'm sorry for making you tired, nanny,” he finally said.

 

Don't worry about it, little man,” Annie sighed caressing his cheek. “You should go to sleep before your mommy comes home.”

 

I'm not tired,” he said yawning.

 

Of course you're not,” Annie said shaking her head. “Your night light is on. I checked under your bed and in the closet for monsters. I think I scared them away.” She winked. “If not, Totomato is here to protect you.” She said picking up a stuffed baby blue bunny and placing it beside him. “I'll make sure the maids bring you water in case you're thirsty, okay?” He nodded. “Now before I go, do you need anything from me?” He shook his head.

 

Is Yonggukie hyung still here?” he finally asked.

 

Annie glanced over her shoulder then back to him and nodded, “He's right here.” she said moving out of the way so that Yongguk could come inside.

 

Can we play games again, hyung?” he asked sleepily.

 

Of course we can!” Yongguk chuckled lightly ruffling his hair. “Just go to sleep, okay buddy? We'll play games next time.”

 

Promise?” the little boy held out his pinky finger.

 

I promise,” Yongguk interlocked his own pinky finger with Daniel's. And before they knew it, Daniel was soon sound asleep. Annie and Yongguk quietly shut the door behind them as they exited his room.

 

I think my work here is done,” he finally said giving Annie a warm smile.

 

She blushed slightly looking away from him. “About tonight, thanks,” she said.

 

Nah, it was nothing,” he told her. “I know how Daniel is sometimes. But let me assure you that deep down, he's an amazing kid.”

 

I know he is,” she chuckled softly. “Again, thank you.”

 

Anytime,” he said, his eyes meeting hers. Feeling flustered, she finally looked away from him. “I should get going. It's nice meeting you, Annie.”

 

Okay, I'll see you around, Yongguk,” she replied as she walked him to the door. Before he could leave, she stopped him momentarily. “Listen, I know this happened ages ago but I still haven't forgotten about you saving my life that day.”

 

He grinned. “I haven't either,” he said, “I did what I had to do.”

 

I know, and for that I thank you a million times over,” she replied sheepishly.

 

You can make it up to me another time,” he offered.

 

Of course,” she nodded. “I feel like I already owe you for helping me with Daniel tonight.” She said lightly chuckling.

 

Okay, I'll hold you to it,” he said. “Good night, Annie.”

 

Good night, Yongguk,” she gave him a brief wave before shutting the door behind her. Annie found leaning her back against the door, grinning to herself.


 

When he finally reached his penthouse, Yongguk plopped himself on the couch thinking about Annie. He smiled to himself enjoying the prospect of finally meeting her. But soon, he thought back to his dinner with Himchan that night.

 

So do you know her?” he asked curiously trying not to sound eager. He came to realize that it was the very first thing he decided to ask once they settled at a booth as their food arrived.

 

Who are you talking about?” Himchan looked at him in confusion.

 

Who else?” Yongguk looked away sheepishly.

 

Do you mean Annie?” he gaped at his deep-voiced friend in astonishment. He smirked upon seeing his best friend becoming flustered at the sound of her name. “Not really. I mean we did meet once,” he said shrugging as he took a bite of his cheeseburger.

 

That means you do know her,” Yongguk pointed out.

 

Well we bumped into each other and her coffee ended up spilling over her shirt and me feeling really guilty decided to give her a ride,” Himchan said staring off into space then narrowed his eyes at Yongguk. “I don't see why this is so relevant to you.”

 

It's not,” Yongguk immediately said looking down at his plate. His food remained untouched.

 

Then why are you suddenly asking about her?” Himchan raised an eyebrow at his best friend.

 

Oh, you know, I'm just curious, that's all,” he replied sheepishly picking at his food.

 

Himchan chuckled. “You know if there's a new girl, I'd tell you. But if you think there's something going on between me and Annie then you're clearly mistaken,” he pointed out. “I do have to admit though, she is cute. Don't you think so too?”

 

I guess so,” Yongguk said indifferently even though he begged to differ.

 

At the thought, he couldn't help but grin to himself realizing there really was nothing going on between Annie and his friend. Maybe it was because his best friend was a natural with the ladies which was why he had a slight misunderstanding. Himchan always knew how to woo the ladies. Annie couldn't have been any different. That is, until he watched her make a fool of Himchan at the party. Chuckling, he found her to be one amusing character despite having just met her. It made him feel a little better knowing she'd be around his building a lot more because of Daniel.

 

Thank you, Danny boy,” he said finally to no one in particular. “You've made hyung one happy man.”


A/N: Here's another update! This one felt a little short to me but I hope you enjoy it! XD Please don't mind the minor errors. I'll fix them a little later. Enjoy! ^^