Troubled

The Undomestic Nanny

Chapter 29

What kind of trouble are we talking about here?” asked Youngjae, crossing his arms over his chest.

 

Well, it's not exactly trouble but I've stumbled upon a real life drama,” she started off.

 

Drama?” Daehyun repeated eying his best friend in confusion.

 

Care to elaborate?” Youngjae added.

 

Well not exactly but you get the point,” she said.

 

You may as well just tell us what happened now since we're already on the topic,” Lucy shrugged then settled onto a nearby stool as the others gathered around Annie.

 

Annie then proceeded to tell them the events that transpired earlier. Thinking about it still gave her the chills. Miranda's icy cold stare was still embedded in her mind along with her insults. Not to mention her husband's look of longing and lust when he ambushed her in the hallway. This was a night she wouldn't forget and the fact that it could happen again was starting to take a toll on her. All of this was happening while Daniel was sound asleep in his bedroom, oblivious to what was going on outside. “So thank God Bang came in time to save me from getting cornered by Mr. Shin,” she said taking a deep breath.

 

Bang?” Lucy repeated, raising an eyebrow.

 

Yongguk,” Daehyun, Youngjae, and Annie replied simultaneously.

 

Ah, gotcha,” Lucy nodded, catching on immediately. “So let me get this straight,” everyone shifted their attention over to her, “Danny's dad tried to put the moves on you? And Miranda went off on you for hanging out with Himchan? What the ?”

 

They take the term dysfunctional family to a whole nother level,” Daehyun muttered to Youngjae, who nodded in agreement. “That sure explains a lot.”

 

Are you okay?” Youngjae asked finally, turning to Annie. “I mean I can understand how this will affect you in the coming days...”

 

I'm fine,” she nodded reassuringly. “It's gonna be Danny I'm worried about. There's no need to worry about me. I'm a big girl, I can take care of myself.”

 

It doesn't make sense as to why she'd be upset about you hanging out with Himchan when her husband is the one fooling around,” Lucy shook her head, then her eyes widened. “It's like she's preventing you from having a social life.”

 

Have you considered the fact that she might be jealous?” Youngjae inquired.

 

Why would she be jealous?” Annie asked, furrowing her eyebrows. “I mean, look at her, she's gorgeous and has a lot of money, she doesn't have to work a day in her life aside from the charitable stuff but still she has a bunch of free time not to mention an amazing kid. There's nothing to be bitter about! I mean on the other hand, I'm 22 and I'm still broke. I have to live off of my best friends. No offense. I have no family to support me and every day is a struggle. If anything, Miranda should be freaking thankful she's more fortunate than me.”

 

It's not always about money, you know,” Daehyun finally said. “She could be jealous because you can enjoy the things she never gets to enjoy. Well anymore to say the least,” he shrugged.

 

Like what?”

 

You're younger,” Lucy said. “Meaning you can enjoy having a social life like any other person in their 20s.”

 

And pretty,” Youngjae added.

 

Aw, thank you, Jae,” Annie grinned, touched by her best friend's compliment.

 

And kind,” Zelo said turning to Jongup expectantly.

 

And you're pretty funny too, noona,” Jongup said with a grin.

 

Oh, thanks boys!” she smiled weekly, flushing at the compliments coming her way. “I feel so special.”

 

And her kid probably loves you more than her,” Daehyun said absent-mindedly.

 

Do you really think so?” she asked, glancing at Daehyun.

 

Well, you take care of him when she's not around,” Youngjae pointed out. “It's almost like you're stealing his attention away from her.”

 

That's because it's my job,” Annie countered. “I mean she's too busy with her organization and appearances and whatnot. She should at least make time for her kid if she still wants to keep his attention. I think he's already become attached to me,” she said chuckling.

 

Do you love him?” Daehyun asked curiously.

 

Turning to Daehyun, Annie sighed. “Of course I love him,” she nodded. “I mean if I didn't love him, I wouldn't have decided to stick around. His happiness and well-being are very important to me.”

 

Then that's all that matters,” said Lucy. “Let his parents sort out their own problems. You're just there to help protect their son. It would go against your better judgment if you were to pry into their business.”

 

But what if Shin harasses her again? What if Miranda went off on her like she did today? We know it won't be the last time,” Daehyun retorted back. He shifted his attention over to Annie. “If something happens with that sick bastard again, you better tell us, Annie. I'm not gonna let this next time slide.” He said clenching his fist angrily.

 

Dae, I'll be fine,” she assured him. “I was just caught off guard when he ambushed me. I assure you it won't happen again.”

 

You do know what he's capable of, right?” Youngjae asked cautiously.

 

Of course I know,” Annie said. “If he does something and I end up reporting him, a whole new scandal will break out and it will turn into a huge media frenzy. Then, he'll turn this whole problem around on me and it will be his word against mine. You act as if I've never seen these things in the dramas or movies.”

 

Yeah, but this is serious, Annie,” Youngjae remarked. “This could get uglier than those conflicts you see in those melodramas.”

 

Guys, don't worry about me,” Annie sighed. “I'll be more aware in the future. I'll just avoid getting on Miranda's bad side and I'll try not to go near Mr. Shin.”

 

Well, be careful, Annie,” said Lucy. “I don't trust any of them.”

 

It sounds a lot easier said then done,” Youngjae pointed out.

 

I know but I'll try,” she said turning to him. “I'm only enduring this for Daniel.”

 

Speaking of that little man, when are we seeing him again?” Lucy asked in a hopeful tone.

 

I have no idea, Luce,” Annie sighed, considering the impossible.


 

Yongguk was awaken in the middle of the night by the sound of his phone ringing. He picked it up without checking the caller ID. “Hello?” he answered with a yawn.

 

Bang...” he recognized the caller's voice to be his best friend.

 

Himchan?” he sat up, alert. “Do you have any idea what time it is right now?”

 

I have no idea,” Himchan said drunkenly chuckling on the other line. “Bang, they wanted me to call someone. I need a ride.”

 

Where are you?” Yongguk got up with the phone still pressed against his ear, grabbing his keys and jacket in the process. After Himchan told him his whereabouts, he said, “Stay right where you are. I'm on my way.”

 

Once he made it to the nightclub, Yongguk began to search everywhere for his best friend. “Oh hey Bang!” a bouncer greeted him once he was inside.

 

Smiling weekly, he greeted the bouncer. “Oh hey, how's it going?”

 

Not much, just keeping busy,” the bouncer said with a slight shrug then eyed Yongguk curiously. “What are you up to?”

 

Have you seen Himchan by any chance?” he asked, frantically searching around.

 

Are you talking about him?” he motioned over to a far booth against the wall.

 

He shifted his attention over to the bouncer's direction. Turning back to the bouncer, he nodded. “Alright, thanks.”

 

Anytime, Bang,” the bouncer smiled.

 

See you around,” he said finally before walking off.

 

As he navigated his way deeper into the nightclub, he caught sight of a familiar guy sitting in a booth with a bunch of random girls. Himchan was passed out as one of the girl's sitting beside him began ing his shirt. Walking over to the booth, Yongguk cleared his throat loudly enough for everyone to hear. “Well hello,” one of the drunk girls greeted him with a seductive smile. “I don't believe we've met before... You're Bang Yongguk, right?”

 

Bang Yongguk?!” the other girls exclaimed excitedly. “OMG! It's really him! He's so HOT!”

 

Yeah, it's me,” he said in annoyance.

 

Care to join us?” another girl scooted over to make space for him.

 

No thanks, I'll pass,” he declined politely.

 

Then what brings you here?”

 

Yongguk pointed over to Himchan, who was passed out and oblivious to the commotion around him. “I came to give my friend a ride,” he said finally. The girls were disappointed as they moved out of the way for him to help Himchan. He took Himchan's arm and put it over his shoulder.

 

He grunted as he helped Himchan to his car. “Ugh, Himchan,” he held his breath. “You reek of alcohol. What do I do with you?” He shook his head, sighing.

 

Himchan groaned in response.

 

Alright, let's get you home,” he helped him onto the passenger seat and helped him with his seatbelt. He reached into his friend's pockets for his keys and phone. It lit up to ensure him he had a few missed calls and unread messages. He'll have to get back to them in the morning. “You owe me an explanation,” he sighed looking down at his friend, who was sound asleep. Yongguk then got into the driver's seat and drove back to his penthouse.

 


Mommy!” Daniel called out from across the penthouse. “Mommy! Mommy! Mommy! I wanna show you what Himchan hyung taught me!” He was in the piano room waiting for his teacher to arrive along with Annie.

 

In a minute, Danny,” Miranda called back to her four year old as she sat before her vanity mirror applying lipstick and fixing her makeup the next morning. She was soon startled by the sound of slamming on keyboard to the grand piano which in turn ruined her makeup. She sighed in frustration.

 

Did you hear that, Mommy?” Daniel exclaimed.

 

Danny, Mommy's a little busy right now,” she said trying to remain calm despite the agitation she was feeling at that moment. She proceeded to redo and fix her makeup once again. Checking her watch, she realized Annie was late. “She just finds new ways to disappoint me, doesn't she?” she shook her head.

 

Mommy! I want to play! Can we play?” Daniel said coming from behind, startling Miranda.

 

He messed her up once again, clenching her fist in anger she gave him a warning look. “Just a minute, Danny!” she exclaimed impatiently. “And look what you just made Mommy do!”

 

Walking over to her, he climbed onto an adjacent chair and stood up. “I'm sorry, Mommy,” he said looking at her with his doe-like eyes, smiling innocently.

 

Miranda softened, “Sit down before you hurt yourself.” She said before shifting her attention back to the vanity mirror and he did as he was told.

 

What are you doing, Mommy?” he asked curiously.

 

I'm putting on my makeup,” she answered curtly.

 

Why?”

 

Because, Danny, makeup helps Mommy look pretty,” she replied.

 

But you're already pretty, Mommy,” he said.

 

Thank you,” she said giving him a stiff smile.

 

I think Annie noona is pretty too,” he said matter-of-factly.

 

Miranda dropped her lipstick and froze, then turned to Daniel. “Really now?” she asked. “So who do you think is prettier, Danny? Hmm?”

 

Annie noona, of course!” he immediately answered beaming.

 

Why is Annie prettier than Mommy, Danny?” she asked through gritted teeth looking down at her little boy expectantly.

 

Hello? I'm here!” a girl's voice could be heard in the living room.

 

Noona's here!” Daniel pushed himself off the chair and ran out of the room leaving Miranda alone.

 

Putting on her earrings, she glanced at her reflection in the mirror and found herself thinking back to the night before with Himchan. The image of that girl's smiling face disrupted her thoughts and Miranda clenched her fist angrily. She couldn't possibly be jealous of the pathetic girl. What was so great about her anyways? She thought scoffing.

 

Is that what I am to you?” he asked angrily. “A toy?”

 

Well you didn't seem to mind that title when this whole thing even started!” she retorted back.

 

You are clearly out of your ing mind, Miranda!” he snapped, which in turn caught her off guard. Shaking his head, he sighed in frustration. “I was stupid for agreeing to this in the first place. This was a huge mistake.”

 

A mistake? I'm a mistake?” Miranda scoffed. “Is that what I am to you?!”

 

You heard me,” he barked back. “I came to end all of this. I can't do this anymore.”

 

So that's it?” she finally uttered. “You just want to end it like that? You make this sound like it's the easiest thing in the world, Himchan.”

 

Himchan scoffed. “I don't have time for this,” he said grabbing his jacket to leave. “I'm not gonna let you hurt her. She did nothing wrong, Miranda. End of discussion.” He then made his way to the door.

 

Wait, I'm not finished! Don't you dare walk away me, Himchan!” she demanded but was already met by the slamming door. He was already gone. Picking up the wine bottle, she hurled it across the room angrily. The glass bottle shattered in the process.

 

Her trance was soon interrupted by a phone call. The maids were calling to inform her that Daniel had woken up from his nap and was calling for his mother. “I'll be home soon.” she said, trying to keep her voice steady.

 

Walking into the living room, Miranda was also surprised to find Himchan appearing to be normal despite their falling out the night before. He was laughing along with Annie and Daniel. However, their happy facade soon vanished once they all spotted her, particularly Annie and Himchan. “Hi Mommy!” Daniel waved happily.

 

Hello, Danny,” Miranda greeted her son as she made her way to them eying the two.

 

Annie felt herself tensing up. Glancing wearily at Himchan, she stepped away from him then gave Miranda a slight bow. “Good morning, Miranda,” she said stiffly.

 

You're late,” was the first thing that came out of Miranda had said.

 

I know, and I'm sorry,” Annie said looking away from her. “I missed the bus. However, I ran into Himchan here and he decided to give me a ride.”

 

Really now?” Miranda said sternly glancing at the young man. “You gave her a ride? I thought you knew better than to bother him, Nanny.” Her icy stare bored into Annie's petite frame.

 

It's really nothing, Miranda,” Himchan chimed in finally.

 

I wasn't talk to you. Now, Nanny,” Miranda said in a harsh tone. Annie finally looked up. “If you're gonna be late, you should at least have the audacity to give me a call.”

 

Well, I figured you were busy and didn't want to be bothered,” Annie spoke up finally. "So I didn't want to, you know, bother you. That's all.”

 

Next time, just call me. End of discussion,” she finally said.

 

Yes, ma'am,” Annie nodded slowly.

 

Take Danny into the other room to prepare him for his lesson,” she commanded.

 

Yes, ma'am,” Annie said then extending her hand to Daniel. “C'mon, Danny.”

 

The young boy took her hand and obediently followed her. Himchan then turned to Miranda. “You really didn't have to speak to her that way,” he said in a hushed tone.

 

She's my employee,” Miranda replied curtly. “I can do whatever the hell I want with her. And that means I can speak to her however I want. So I suggest you stay out of it, Himchan.”

 

If this is about last night, Miranda, I--”

 

I don't want to hear it!” she cut him off holding up her hand to stop him. “I'll be leaving now so I suggest you go about your lesson for Danny.” she finally said proceeding to grab her Fendi bag then heading out the door.

 

The slam of the door could be heard echoing throughout the penthouse. Curiously, Annie found herself peering out the door. Himchan's back was turned but it seemed as if his feet were embedded to the marble floor beneath him staring ahead. “What are you doing?” Daniel's voice startled Annie prompting her to flinch.

 

Whoa!” Annie exclaimed, breathing heavily. Looking down at the adorable little boy, she kneeled before him. “You scared me, little man! Don't do that again!”

 

Sorry,” he giggled glancing ahead at Himchan. “Is hyung coming?”

 

I'm sure he is,” she answered wearily. “I'll go get him. You sit tight, okay?”

 

Nodding, he walked over and settled by the piano as Annie made her way over to Himchan. Reaching over, she lightly tapped his shoulder from behind waking him from his little trance. He flinched and turned to face her. “Sorry,” she apologized. “Didn't mean to scare you.”

 

No, you're fine,” he breathed out.

 

Are you okay?” she asked glancing towards the door.

 

Yep, I'm fine,” he nodded finally.

 

Okay, just thought I'd let you know that Danny's waiting on you in the other room,” she said pointing to the room with the opened door.

 

Right,” he said then began walking down the hall with Annie in tow.

 

Watching his retreating figure, Annie couldn't help but become curious as to what had happened prior to Miranda's departure. She knew better than to pry into someone else's business. However, she found herself worrying about Himchan. Ever since the night before, she noted his sudden shift in behavior. He wasn't the happy-go-lucky guy she met anymore, or so she thought.


A/N: Hi guys! Sorry for the wait... I've been very busy with work but I get a day off finally!!! To make up for it, I wrote a very LONG chapter! I hope you enjoy it! I hope you guys don't get too confused by the last part of this chapter. I promise I'll elaborate on the next one so in the meantime, just enjoy this one for now! :D

P.S. Crazy happened yesterday... I was at work and there was a shooting outside my job. You had no idea how scared I was! :o I'm fine. Nobody was hurt but I still feel very weary about going back to work again this weekend... but then I have to earn money, you know. Especially with school around the corner and I have to pay for my books -_- Anyways on a brighter note, I saw BAP's new teaser and I'm so excited about it! AHHHH!!!!!! THEY ALL LOOK SO HOT!!! ESPECIALLY BANG!!!!!! XD Okay I'll stop talking now. Sorry again if this chapter confused you, I'll try to elaborate on the next update. ^^