Family's Good Graces

The Undomestic Nanny

Chapter 56

Sighing in exasperation, she finally pressed the phone against her ear. “Hi!” she greeted him with a feigned cheerful tone.

 

Care to tell me why you're calling me at this time of night?” he asked.

 

Chuckling nervously, she cleared as she looked around the room attempting to find a valid excuse as to why she was calling him. Should she just tell him that she actually meant to call Himchan? That wouldn't be such a good idea, she thought. She then decided that she could maybe hold off on speaking to Himchan for another day or so since she's already got Yongguk on the line. Here goes nothing. “I called you because I was bored,” she said finally.

 

Bored?” he repeated, sounding slightly amused. Annie could even sense him smirking on the other end of the line. Oh, how she wished she could see that smirk for herself just so she can admire him momentarily before pretending to act unfazed.

 

Yes, exactly!” she pointed out. “I was bored!”

 

And you decided to call me?” he asked.

 

It was a spur of the moment kind of thing,” she said defiantly. “You know? I don't even know why you're throwing me under the bus! Did it ever occur to you that I wanted to talk to you simply because I like you?!” She froze, realizing what she had just said. Uh-oh... you're in some deep now... she thought biting her lip in anticipation. Anxiously, she shut her eyes tightly thinking it might help the situation but then, she had to realize he wasn't here in person to see the agony she was in at the moment.

 

However, she could hear a loud cough on the other end. “Whoa, whoa, whoa!” he finally exclaimed. Obviously, he was taken by surprise at Annie's sudden outburst. “Who's throwing who under the bus? And you like me?”

 

It was now or never, she thought. Weighing out her options, she could either come clean and just pour her heart out to him like they did in the movies or she could just brush it off and tell him she was just kidding. That'll just shut him up. Taking a deep breath, she finally spoke up deciding on the first thing that came to mind. “Yes, I like you,” she finally said. “I've liked you for a while... There. I said it. Are you happy now?”

 

Silence. Annie swore she could hear crickets chirping at the other end. “I-I...” he stuttered.

 

You know what? Forget what I said. We never had this conversation, okay? And look at the time! It's getting late, I have to go! Bye, have a good night!” she quickly exclaimed before hanging up.

 

She stared at the phone before her, mouth agape. What did you just do...? Alright, firstly you -dial him and then you just became direct with your feelings for him. Who are you and what have you done to Annie? This is so unlike you! Gah!

 

Immediately, she re-dialed again hoping to get through to Lucy, Daehyun, and Youngjae to tell them about making a complete idiot of herself to Yongguk. Before long, she heard a click. And then, she instantly spoke up before the other party could answer. “Oh my gosh, you are not going to believe what I just did!” she exclaimed. “I've completely humiliated myself in front of Yongguk and told him about my undying feelings for him.”

 

Someone soon cleared their throat. “Um Annie? It's Yongguk,” a familiar deep voice rang out once again.

 

!” she exclaimed, hanging up immediately before tossing stashing her phone between the cushions of her couch.


 

The next morning, Annie made her way over to the studio in the hopes of clearing the air with Yongguk. Either way, she had to face the music whether she liked it or not. Before leaving her apartment, she finally managed to fish through the cushions for her phone. Closing her eyes before opening one of them once again, she saw that she had received about ten missed calls and a bunch of numerous text messages. Most of the calls were from Yongguk (which came as no surprise) plus a few from Youngjae and Lucy. She didn't have to guess who the text messages were from. Instinctively, refusing to look through them, she decided to delete them. Even as she made her way to his studio, she was afraid of facing him. She even rehearsed a few excuses along the way.

 

Look, Bang... about last night, that was a little uncalled for,” she said to no one in particular. Sensing people staring at her, she was sure they thought she was a complete nut-job which was highly possible given her disheveled state. She couldn't bring herself to sleep a wink that night anyways.

 

Forget what I said,” she continued. “Let's just pretend last night never happened, okay? It'll make our lives easier...

 

Wait that's a little too much.” she shook her head to herself. “Okay, let's start over,” she mused to herself. “Bang, how's it going? You're doing great? That's really awesome! Well I hope you didn't get a weird phone call last night from some person named Annie. I mean there are a million Annie's in this world, I'm sure it wasn't me. It was probably a clone of mine,” she chuckled at her poor attempt at humor before frowning to herself.

 

Before long, she soon found herself in front of the recording room. Peering into the window, she found him alone sitting in a swivel chair near the sound equipment. For some odd reason, his hair looked a little different, she thought but probably assumed he decided to try something a little different. He seemed like the type to experiment with his appearance, not that she was making a huge deal about it. He could pull off anything, she thought, grinning to herself.

 

Taking a deep breath, she finally burst through the door prompting him to turn around. “Look, about last night, everything I said was the truth, okay? I like you. I've liked you since as we've gotten to know each other. You're great with Danny and my friends like you. Everyone likes you! You're just so perfect, I'm almost jealous in a way... I just thought I'd get this off my chest before it bothers me,” she said, breathing a sigh of relief. “And I admit, I feel a lot better... Phew!”

 

He looked over at her with a curious expression before flashing a dimpled grin. Something was oddly different about him. Did he have dimples? She wondered. She must be in over her head to forget about his dimples. “That was fast,” he commented, raising a brow. “I never even got your name.” He smiled in amusement.

 

Annie's eyes widened. “You—you--you're not Bang!” she pointed an accusing finger at him. “Alright, you impersonator! Who are you and what have you done to Bang?”

 

He held up his hands to show her he meant no harm. “Whoa, whoa, whoa!” he exclaimed, taken a bit by surprise. “I am Bang!”

 

Eying him suspiciously, she made her way towards him. “There's something different about you,” she sneered observing him from head to toe.

 

He chuckled. “Nothing's changed,” he shrugged.

 

I still don't believe you,” she said, narrowing her eyes at him,

 

I'm being honest with you,” he said truthfully before speaking up again. “Look, miss. I--”

 

The door soon burst open which in turn interrupted what the guy sitting before Annie had to say. “Hey hyung, sorry for the wait. They supposedly ran out of creamer in the breakroom so I hope you're fine with nonfat milk. If not then we can go pick up coffee somewhere else, I know a good place-- Annie?” a deep voice rang out from behind her. “What are you doing here?”

 

Slowly, Annie turned around to find Yongguk staring back at her, furrowing his brows in confusion. Her eyes widened. “You...” She glanced from him to the identical guy in the room, he was clearly enjoying this from what she was noticing.

 

I see you've met my twin brother,” he pointed out. “Right. Where are my manners? Yongnam hyung, this is Annie. Annie, this is Yongnam. My brother.” He said.

 

There was clearly a stunned silence in the room as Annie was slowly registering what was going on. Glancing from brother to brother once again, she finally managed to find her speaking voice. “So—so there's two of you?!” she exclaimed incredulously.

 

Yes,” the twins replied in unison. Yongguk clearly looked confused. Yongnam, on the other hand, was clearly looking at Annie, smiling in amusement.

 

Annie could soon feel the color drain from her face. , she thought, Yongnam now knows I have feelings for his brother meaning he could tell Yongguk which means I would have to crawl into a hole and never come out again! Putting on a brave face, she faked a smile. “Oh hi, Yongnam! I'm Annie, nice to meet you!” she exclaimed extending her hand for him to shake. “I'm sure you know that by now.”

 

Oh I sure know A LOT of things,” he chuckled, winking at her. “It's nice meeting you, Annie. I'm Yongnam but I'm sure you know that by now.” He took her hand and shook it. He lingered a bit as he held her hand.

 

Yongguk eyed the exchange between Annie and his brother suspiciously. Clearing his throat, he managed to grab their attention. “Did I miss something?” he asked, scratching his head in confusion.

 

Actually,” Yongnam glanced at Annie, who in turn gave him a pleading look. “No, you haven't.” She relaxed finally. “I was just asking Annie if she'd like to hang out with us today,” he said giving her a wink. She gaped at him in astonishment. “You don't mind right, little brother?”

 

Of course not,” Yongguk replied turning to Annie expectantly. “What do you say, Annie?”

 

With both brothers staring at her expectantly, she sort of wished the ground beneath her would open up and swallow her whole as she found herself turning a deep shade of pink. He has a twin brother, she told herself. He was just as hot as Yongguk. And he had dimples. Her weakness but then she couldn't get ahead of herself. She just confessed her feelings to the wrong guy. Besides, what was wrong with hanging out with them for the day? Miranda gave her the day off once again, surprisingly and she had nothing better to do. She wondered what would happen if she chose not to join them? Yongnam might just reveal her secret to Yongguk and it would be the end of her as it is.

 

Swallowing hard, she cleared . “Sure, why not?” she replied in a high-pitched voice. This was a common habit whenever she became flustered. Could anyone blame her? She was in the presence of two very good-looking brothers so of course no one could blame her!

 

Great!” Yongnam grinned, standing up before making his way over to them before placing his arms around the both of them. “This is gonna be fun.”


 

Excusing herself briefly, Annie immediately stepped outside of the building, fishing her phone from her bag then decided to dial the first person she could find. “Hello?” Lucy answered after a few rings. 

 

Luce...” Annie uttered in a hushed tone.

 

Annie? Why are you whispering?” Lucy asked with a tone of confusion. “Is everything okay?”

 

Glancing around to see if the coast is clear, she cupped . “He has a twin,” she mumbled.

 

What?” Clearly, Lucy couldn't understand her.

 

He has a twin,” she repeated.

 

He has a twin?” Lucy repeated. “Who has a twin?”

 

Who else?” Annie uttered irritably.

 

I'm confused,” her best friend replied.

 

Annie face-palmed herself and rolled her eyes. “Bang has a twin brother!” she exclaimed. “And he has dimples!” She squealed.

 

Bang has a twin brother?!” Lucy exclaimed loudly. It was enough to summon shuffling in the background as Annie could clearly hear Daehyun and Youngjae's voices from the other end. She could already tell Lucy was bound to turn the speakerphone feature on her phone to allow the two best friends to join in on their conversation.

 

Daehyun snickered. “Don't tell me you just found out about Yongnam hyung,” he said.

 

Why, was I supposed to know?” Annie retorted back.

 

Wait, so Yongguk hyung didn't tell you he had a twin?” Youngjae added.

 

No...” Annie replied back cautiously. “I had to find out the hard way...”

 

Annie...” Youngjae's tone sounded serious. “What did you do?”

 

Oh, nothing,” she said. “I may have told Yongnam about the undying feelings I have for his brother.”

 

YOU WHAT?!” Daehyun and Lucy exclaimed simultaneously.

 

You heard me,” Annie replied. “I'm not proud of it.”

 

Wait...” Youngjae spoke up, silencing everyone else. “This could be good.”

 

What do you mean by good?” Annie countered. “I just inadvertently humiliated myself in front of the guy I like's brother! And you know what that means, right? It means he might tell Yongguk and I'm utterly screwed for life!”

 

Annie, calm down,” Youngjae reasoned. “Breathe... Inhale” he breathed in. “Exhale,” he said breathing out.

 

Annie rolled her eyes before relaxing finally. Taking a deep breath, she decided to hear him out. “I'm calm and breathing, Jae. Thanks,” she said. “Now, you were saying?” She paused expectantly.

 

Maybe Yongnam hyung could help you out with Yongguk hyung,” Youngjae considered.

 

What the hell is that supposed to mean?” Annie asked.

 

Well, you like Yongguk hyung and his brother now knows how you feel for him so that means if you get on Yongnam's good graces you'll be a shoo in for Yongguk hyung!” Youngjae said matter-of-factly.

 

He's right, you know,” Lucy pointed out, clearly agreeing with Youngjae.

 

That shouldn't be so hard,” Daehyun chimed in. “Annie has a way with being very sweet until she starts talking . She'd fit right in to their little family. She might even get along with Natasha noona.”

 

Natasha?” Annie repeated.

 

Their older sister,” Youngjae answered before Annie could even ask.

 

Oh,” she uttered.

 

Care to tell us why you're calling me about this?” Lucy asked.

 

Annie chuckled awkwardly. “That's the thing... I've just agreed to spend my entire day with both brothers,” she finally said.

 

Silence.

 

Daehyun was the first to break the silence. “Have fun?”

 

Good luck,” Lucy added, clearing .

 

I agree,” Youngjae spoke up finally. “Just relax and go with the flow... Whatever you do, do NOT make things awkward. Otherwise, you're gonna be the one who's screwed.”

 

Gee, thanks,” Annie muttered. “Such wise advice from a bunch of wise friends.”

 

Was that supposed to be sarcasm?” Daehyun asked in confusion.

 

Of course not,” Annie said, rolling her eyes.

 

Tell us how it goes later,” Lucy told her.

 

Will do, talk to you guys later,” Annie finally said before hanging up.


A/N: Hello again! I've been up all night trying to work on this chapter... I hope you enjoy it. I just had to include a cameo by Bang's equally hot twin in this chapter. I don't know about you but I happen to think Yongnam has it in him to have this amused expression evident on his face lol. He just fits in this chapter. I'm trying to fight to keep myself awake atm lol. This might be the last update for the time being because of some personal issues I've been dealing with. I haven't exactly been sleeping so yeah.. I'll stop talking. Thank you for understanding guys! I'll try to update soon again. I just have other important priorities and obligations for the time being. In the meantime, happy reading! ^^

P.S. Don't mind the minor errors. I'll come back to fix this later. I hope this chapter cracked you up like it did when I wrote it lol. Enjoy! ^^

Also, tell me... Have you guys ever poured your heart out to a guy before? How did it go? You ever met his family? To answer these questions, I actually met the family before confessing my feelings lol. I mean pouring my heart out is basically an exaggeration but I confessed to two different guys twice. The first guy hurt a lot more than the second guy. As for the second guy, I met his sister and became best friends with her lol. Let's see how Annie gets along with Yongnam in the next chapter lol. I could already tell it's gonna be an interesting chapter lol.