Undomestic Nanny Indeed

The Undomestic Nanny

Chapter 80

Annie breathed a sigh of relief as soon as she got home from work. Just another day at the office, she thought to herself as she removed her black pumps before switching to the slippers by the door. After searching high and low for another job, she eventually landed a job doing paralegal work for the city's youngest lawyer and also the most eligible bachelor, who she decidedly liked to call Mr. Cho.

 

Annie would have to agree with the fact that he was good-looking but she wasn't as fond of him as the other girls who worked with her. He was worst than Miranda, demanding most of her time and making her work extended hours. Luckily for her, he made an exception for today and decided to release her a little earlier than expected, which allowed her to catch the last bus home.

 

It put a strain on her relationship with Yongguk but she needed this job and there was nothing he could do to stop her. She didn't want to have to go back to her days as a part-time employee, or even worst, her nanny days. As much as she missed watching over Daniel, she couldn't stand working for his mother. When she moved in with Yongguk, Annie was ecstatic to know that she'd be in the same building as her favorite little boy, who was just as ecstatic to see her. Occasionally, she'd run into Miranda in the halls and they'd greet each other curtly and politely without inquiring into each other's personal lives.

 

As it turned out, Miranda filed for divorce from her husband not long after Annie had been terminated and the battle was still going on to this day. Annie took notice of Miranda's weariness and she pitied her former employer but then, none of this was any of her business so she decided not to pry any further. Poor Daniel. As expected, the poor boy was in the middle of all this but at the same time, this brought mother and son a lot closer together, which was more than enough. A child needs his mother, just like a mother needs her child.

 

Soon, she made her way into the kitchen for a much needed glass of water. Gulping it down quickly, she helped herself to another glass realizing she was parched from earlier. Speaking of the devil, he should be home soon, she realized glancing at the clock above the microwave. The plan was to head over to Daehyun and Youngjae's guerrilla concert at a nearby bar after Yongguk got home.

 

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door startling Annie. That's odd, she thought, glancing back at the door. He has his own key. I'm sure he could let himself in. Sighing, she stood up making her way over to the door to finally answer it. She would soon be in for a rude awakening.

 

Miranda,” she was taken aback by the presence of her former employer standing before her carrying a pink diaper bag.

 

Great, you're home,” she grinned back at her.

 

Uh, yes, I am,” Annie nodded wearily, furrowing her brows in confusion. “Is there something you need?” She crossed her arms over her chest.

 

Now that you asked, yes I need a huge favor from you,” she said, motioning for someone to come out.

 

Soon, a woman around Miranda's age, maybe younger, emerged from the shadows carrying an adorable baby girl, who appeared to be about 7-8 months old. “So you're the nanny?” the woman asked with a hopeful smile. She wondered about the woman's relationship with Miranda but looking closely, Annie saw the woman had a sharp nose and round eyes like Miranda. She appeared to be slightly younger and then it made sense. She was Miranda's younger sister and the baby was Daniel's cousin.

 

Annie examined her to notice a few dark circles under her eyes which was hidden under a bunch of makeup. “Uh—“

 

Yes, she is,” Miranda chimed in immediately, taking the baby from the woman. “Annie, this is little Grace. Isn't she beautiful?”

 

She is very beautiful but—“

 

I need you to watch her for a couple of hours,” Miranda finally said, handing the baby off to Annie.

 

Annie stiffened, looking down at the baby girl, who flashed a toothy grin her way, cooing. “But—“

 

Her mother and I have some business to take care of,” Miranda cut her off once again. “Clearly, I trust you can handle little Gracie?”

 

Annie hesitated, biting her tongue unsure of how to answer that question. She did what her instincts had told her to do. “O-of course!” she grinned widely.

 

Great!” Miranda grinned along with Grace's mother, who breathed a sigh of relief. “You know the drill. My phone number is still the same so give me a call if you have any questions. I'll be sure to pay you extra. In the meantime, have fun with Grace.” She said, hanging the strap of the pink diaper bag onto Annie's shoulder. “I'll be going now. Again, call me if you have any questions, okay?” she finally said, turning to leave, followed by Grace's mother.

 

Soon, Annie was left alone with a baby she barely knew as she watched Miranda and her friend retreat into the elevator down the hall. “I have a baby,” Annie chuckled bitterly, looking down at the little girl. “What the hell do I do with a baby?” She held the baby up close. In turn, Grace reached over to grab Annie's nose, “Ahh!” Annie shrieked. The baby took the whole I've-got-your-nose phrase to a whole new level. For an 8 month old, the baby sure had a vice grip. “You're hurting me!”

 

The baby giggled in response, squeezing Annie's nose tightly before reaching over to grab a strand of hair.

 

Ahhh!!! Grace!” Annie cried out. “Let go of unnie's hair! Ahh!!!!”

 

This going to be a long night, she thought to herself. Time to tell Dae and Jae I can't make it.


 

Yongguk came home to a bunch of loud screams and a high pitched cry. He covered his ears before frantically running into his apartment to find a seemingly disheveled Annie, holding a crying baby farther away from her. Annie was wailing as well as the baby. He was unsure which of the two was the source of the sound. “What's going on in here?” he asked frantically.

 

Annie turned to face him, with tears rolling down her cheeks. “Stop crying!” she screamed.

 

The baby wailed even louder and it was beginning to hurt Yongguk's ears, as he covered them momentarily with both hands.

 

As soon as she spotted him, she looked relieved but that didn't stop her from becoming even more overwhelmed. “She doesn't like me!” she cried. “She keeps pulling my hair! And she won't stop crying!” She wailed. “Help me!”

 

Yongguk soon walked over to take the crying baby from her arms. Almost immediately, the crying from the baby stopped, as if Yongguk had magic touch or something. Grace eyed him curiously. “Where did you come from?” he cooed, swaying her back and forth.

 

Annie sniffled, wiping her face with the sleeve of her shirt. “She just magically appeared,” she spat out bitterly.

 

He shot her a look. “No really,” he remarked. “Did you get pregnant and magically popped out a baby while I was gone? It hasn't even been that long since we, ahem, you know...” He looked away sheepishly, chuckling to himself.

 

Annie was anything but amused at Yongguk's attempt at humor. “Yeah, well, after this, we're not ever doing it again!” she cried out angrily.

 

The baby began to cry once again. “See what you just did?” Yongguk hissed.

 

You watch her!” she snapped.

 

Why?” he asked defiantly, cradling the baby in his arms.

 

Because you're better with her than I am!” she exclaimed huffily. “I mean, look! She stopped crying when you took her from me!”

 

YOU MEAN TO TELL ME THAT YOU WORKED AS A NANNY FOR WHO KNOWS HOW LONG? AND YOU STILL DON'T KNOW HOW TO TAKE CARE OF A BABY?!” he exclaimed incredulously. “So what? You're expecting her to come with an instruction manual! That's now how it works, Annie!”

 

OH SHUT UP!” Annie snapped, her lips quivering as she couldn't stop the tears from falling.

 

Oh, boy,” Yongguk muttered under his breath, shaking his head. Now I feel like an .

 

It's not my fault I have no idea what I'm doing!” she sobbed, wiping her face with her shirtsleeve. “I only know how to watch one preschooler. That's it. I've never had experience with any other child aside from Danny... I'm so horrible.” she cried.

 

Yongguk sighed, walking over to pick up the baby's bottle that was on the coffee table, proceeding to feed the baby. In turn, Annie slumped back against the couch to cry alone. “What's your name, little princess?” he asked soothingly as he settled beside Annie, to comfort her but she slapped his hand away. He glowered back at her but she didn't seem to notice.

 

The baby moaned with the bottle in , continuing to observe Yongguk curiously.

 

Grace,” Annie spoke up as she sat up on the couch.

 

Hmm?” Yongguk perked up, looking over at Annie.

 

Her name is Grace. She's Miranda's niece and Danny's cousin.”

 

So that's where you came from,” he mused to the little girl in his arms.

 

Annie couldn't help but smile as she watched him with her. She felt lucky to have him. He was a natural with children and she envied that quality about it. It warmed her heart nonetheless. He looked like he could past as the little girl's father.

 

Eventually, the baby soon drifted off into dreamland, allowing Yongguk to lay her down in her carrier.

 

Sighing in relief, he turned to Annie, who was nodding off to sleep. In turn, he lightly pushed her forehead to wake her. “Oh !” she jumped back a little before glaring back at him, smacking his chest in response.

 

Soon, the baby began to cry. Annie and Yongguk glanced at one another, sighing heavily before Yongguk reached over to pick her up, pacing around the the living room, allowing the baby to cry until she was eventually tired enough to fall asleep.


 

Next, Annie dealt with her first diaper change and it was making her nerve-wracking. Yongguk would stick nearby to encourage her but his presence alone was making her nervous. “Could you go wait over there?” she pointed towards the living room, trying to keep her hands steady.

 

I'm not going anywhere,” he firmly declared.

 

Just go sit down!” she snapped.

 

He groaned in frustration. “I'm just sticking by to make sure you're doing it right!”

 

What, you think I don't know how to change a diaper?” she barked back defiantly.

 

You just told me many moons ago that you had no experience with babies!” he countered back.

 

The baby started to cry again, making Annie cry. “Fine! You do it!” she demanded, storming off in a huff.

 

Annie, where are you going?!” he exclaimed after her.

 

Leave me alone!” she snapped, slamming the door to the bedroom loud enough to echo throughout the apartment.

 

The slam of the door itself was enough to startle the baby once again as she cried harder. Yongguk ran a hand down his tired face. Eventually, he walked over to the baby and proceeded to change her dirty diaper himself.

 

Ergh!” he groaned, looking away in disgust. “What else do you have in there, little girl?” He held his breath as he proceeded to use the baby wipes, then began to replace the diaper with a newer one. Of course, she stopped crying as she looked back up at him curiously, smiling.

 

He found himself smiling down at her, tickling her bare belly which prompted her to giggle in response. Annie peeked her head out the door to find him smiling down at Grace. Instead of getting angry like she'd intended to, coming out of the room, she smiled to herself. Yongguk eventually looked back at her, flashing his own gummy grin. “There you are,” he said as he picked the baby up with her burp towel on one shoulder, making his way to her. “Annie, I'm really sorry for being so hard on you. I should have known better than to put all that pressure on you.”

 

Annie blinked back tears, taking a deep breath, nodding in response.

 

Come on,” he motioned for her to join him in the dining room. “Let's feed her together.”

 

Annie sniffled, nodding once again as she proceeded to follow him.

 

He pulled out one chair from under the table, motioning for her to sit while he sat beside her before handing her the baby. Annie hesitated and he noticed right away. “It's gonna be okay,” he assured her. “Just hold her while I feed her.”

 

Why can't I feed her?” Annie asked.

 

Yongguk sighed. “It's messy business, Annie,” he said. “So just sit her up on your lap while I feed her the baby food her mom packed for her.”

 

Annie nodded in response. Yongguk leaned over to kiss the side of her temple before proceeding to open the tiny jar, scooping its contents onto a tiny spoon big enough to fit into the baby's mouth.

 

It warmed her heart to watch him feed the baby like a doting father as Annie found herself grinning and giggling along with the baby as Yongguk made funny noises along with funny faces. It was cringeworthy to watch but Grace seemed to like it. Yongguk proceeded to imitate the sound of an airplane. “Say ah...” he said huskily, opening his mouth emphatically to demonstrate.

 

Ahh...” the baby mirrored his demonstration.

 

Annie giggled, seemingly amazed.


 

The baby finally went off to sleep, allowing Annie and Yongguk to finally rest as they lie down together in each other's arms on the giant couch. “Why do you have to be better with kids than me?” she whined.

 

Yongguk chuckled, her tear-stained cheeks with the back of his thumb. “I don't know,” he shrugged, smirking back at her. “What can I say? I'm a natural with kids.”

 

No kidding,” Annie remarked, pursing her lips. Her eyes glossed over with fresh tears.

 

What's wrong?” he asked, furrowing his brows, concerned.

 

I'm scared, Bang,” she sniffled.

 

Why are you scared?”

 

Annie shook her head, wiping her face with her shirtsleeve. “I'm scared that if we were to have kids, I'll be a horrible mother,” she cried. “I mean did you see the way she acted with me? She hates me.” She looked over at the sleeping baby, who looked so peaceful and angelic, the complete opposite of what Annie had just experienced.

 

Don't say that,” he reached over to wipe her face with the back of his thumb. “You're not gonna be a horrible mother.” He sighed. “Look Annie, babies cry, all the time. I'm sure it's not for the reason you think. Grace doesn't hate you. I just think she doesn't know how to behave around someone who doesn't know what she's doing.” He looked pointedly back at her. “In due time, all this baby stuff will come naturally to you and you'll learn new things along the way. But don't ever doubt yourself. I think you'll make an excellent mother.”

 

Annie smiled tearfully. “Damn it,” she whispered. “Why do you always know the right things to say?”

 

Yongguk chuckled, rolling his eyes. “It's my job,” he smugly stated, which earned a chest slap from Annie.

 

Bang?”

 

Hmm?” he looked down at her.

 

Do you know why I love you?” she asked.

 

He gave her a bemused grin. “Why is that?”

 

You're great at everything you do. My friends like you. Danny likes you. Heck, everyone likes you! I'm kind of jealous, in a way,” she sheepishly looked away from him.

 

Why?”

 

Why do you have to be so likeable?” she countered back with a teasing smile.

 

What can I say? What's not to like?” he smugly stated which earned another chest slap from Annie.

 

Don't get all cocky now,” she countered back.

 

Yongguk looked over at the sleeping baby before smiling seductively back at Annie. “Can you at least show me why you love me?” he asked innocently.

 

Are you crazy?” she snapped, glancing back at the baby. “We're going to wake her.”

 

We'll keep it quiet,” he told her.

 

No!” she hissed.

 

Annie,” he pouted. “Please?”

 

No,” she huffed, sitting up to leave.

 

He yanked her towards him prompting her to yelp. Covering with her hand, Annie gasped glancing over at Grace, who laid still as if she didn't hear Annie's yelping. “Shh...” Yongguk shushed her with a mischievous smirk.

 

She glowered at him. “What the hell, Bang?!”

 

He soon whipped her around, rebuffing Annie's attempts to push him off her so that she was trapped between him and the couch. Heart racing, Annie was hoping the baby would wake up to save her. As much as she'd like to have some alone time with Yongguk, it wasn't a great time given the fact that they were both watching over someone else's baby. He then proceeded to deliver butterfly kisses down her jawline.

 

Annie bit her bottom lip to prevent from . “Bang, stop it!” she hissed through gritted teeth.

 

He ignored her as he continued what he was doing, trapping her hands with his. He groaned in return.

 

Suddenly, they heard a low cough. Yongguk sat up along with Annie to find Grace stirring in her sleep before she began to cry. Annie and Yongguk sighed in unison. She gave Yongguk a triumphant smile. I've been saved by the baby, she mocked him.

 

Yongguk sneered before eventually getting up with Annie following close behind to tend to the baby.


 

Thanks for watching her,” Grace's mother told them as soon as she took Grace from Yongguk, along with the diaper bag. “My nanny backed out on me at the last minute and I was desperate for someone quick. Luckily enough, as soon as I got here, Miranda unnie referred you and I just couldn't refuse since I heard you did a great job with Danny.”

 

Really?” Annie perked up, shooting Yongguk a puzzled look.

 

Yongguk shrugged in return.

 

Yes,” Grace's mother grinned. “How would you like to consider coming to work for me?”

 

Annie froze. My nanny days are over but yet I still get into it, she thought, giving her a stiff smile. “I'll think about it,” she curtly replied.

 

Great,” Grace's mother beamed, reaching into her expensive bag for what appeared to be a business card. “I hope to hear from you soon, Annie. Thanks again for watching Grace for me, I hope she wasn't too much of a handful for you.”

 

Annie and Yongguk glanced at one another knowingly. “Oh you know,” they chuckled nervously. “Piece of cake...”

 

She gave them one last smile before making her way down the hall with a sleeping baby in her arms. How the baby managed to stay asleep without stirring, they had no idea. With one last look over her shoulder, Annie and Yongguk waved goodbye to her before going back inside.

 

Shutting the door, Yongguk sighed loudly. “What a night,” he remarked proceeding to his shirt.

 

Annie swallowed hard. He was purposely doing this, she thought sneering back at him. “I'm NOT having any babies with you,” she snapped. “As a matter of fact, I'm NEVER having babies ever! Not after what happened tonight!” She exclaimed, breathing hard.

 

Yongguk brushed past her, proceeding to continue ing his shirt nonchalantly. “Whatever you say, Annie,” he half sang, turning back around to face her. “I'm about to jump in the shower. You're free to join me if you'd like.”

 

Annie tried her best to avert her eyes away from his bare torso but couldn't help herself. “You go first,” she said after clearing .

 

I'm gonna use up all the hot water,” he said pointedly.

 

See if I care,” she huffed.

 

You get pissed when there's no hot water,” he countered back.

 

I know what you're trying to do,” she pointed back at him, chuckling wryly. “And let me tell you, mister. It ain't working on me.”

 

He cocked an eyebrow. “Really,” he said flatly, stepping closer to her. “We'll see about that.”

 

Suddenly, Yongguk immediately lifted Annie over his shoulder. “Ahhh!!!!” she shrieked, pounding her fists against his back. “Put me down, !”

 

Yongguk chuckled wryly, leading her away towards the bathroom, choosing to ignore her. “Let's get you cleaned up first,” he announced, turning on the water in the tub. “And then we can have a discussion about babies.”

 

I demand you to put me down, Bang!” she screeched from behind. “You ! Gah!!!!!!!”

 

The shower head soon . “If you insist,” he suavely said over his shoulder before tossing her under the running water, fully clothed. Yongguk chuckled in amusement as he watched her squirm under the running shower head.

 

I hate you, Bang,” she muttered through gritted teeth.

 

I love you too, Annie,” he mockingly replied, stripping his last article of clothing before stepping into the tub to join her. “Now let's have that discussion about babies. Shall we?”

 

She sighed in defeat, twitching into a smile. “You know I don't really mean it,” she muttered.

 

Yongguk leaned in to plant a kiss on her forehead. “I know you don't,” he winked back at her. “But let's just enjoy what we have right now before ever considering the possibility of a baby in the future, okay?”

 

Annie nodded in return. “You're right,” she said.

 

Yongguk scoffed. “I'm always right,” he huffed smugly before leaning in to plant a wet kiss onto Annie's lips.

 

She always hated when he was right but there was not much she could do. In the end, watching over a baby together was an overwhelming experience for the both of them but it was worth it. Now, Annie knew what to expect when she and Yongguk decided to eventually have a baby of their own. Yongguk would make an excellent father, she thought beaming proudly at him. He was doting and patient. Patient enough to tolerate her and she loved him for it.

 

When he pulled away from the kiss, she stared back at him. “What?” he said with a half smirk.

 

Annie grinned back at him, shaking her head. “Nothing,” she beamed. “I'm just a girl who just so happens to like what she sees. That's all.” she finally said, embracing the moment a little longer before pressing her own lips against his.

 

The End.


A/N: Hello again! This is the last chapter... I swear! Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this for what it's worth. I have you guys to thank for all the support this story is getting. Again, thank you. I'm sad to see it end too but as they all say, "All good things must come to an end." It was bittersweet to go along for the ride. I even added a slight steamy scene with Annie and Yongguk at the end lol. The whole scene sounded a lot better in my head, I swear! Anyways, I have a bunch of people to thank but most of all, I'd like to thank my co-author NiinaStarrz for giving me the push I need to write this story and I'm glad I did because I seriously didn't expect all this love. I have plenty of others to thank but I can't name you all so you guys all know who you are! All you new subbies who are now good friends to me here on AFF, don't be a stranger! My wall or Inbox is always open in case you all want to stop by and say hello. :D Now that this story has finally ended, I can finally take a little vacation. Well just until I have a new idea, which will probably be soon. Please look forward to it :D This story has opened a door for me to want to write some more. I still have a lot of learning to do but I'll work at it to make all of you guys happy. I love you guys! Thanks again for subscribing.^^ This story will always hold a place in my heart as my most successful story up to date ever since I joined this site. Thank you.

- Amanda <3