Crash

The Undomestic Nanny

Chapter 47

 

Glancing around the room, Daehyun managed to find the food table at the other end of the room. Their epic entrance was a success and Daehyun surely thought it meant he can run off to help himself to a bunch of delicacies. Eying the concession stand hungrily, he began to walk absent-mindedly to the table only to be yanked by the collar from behind. He turned to find Annie glaring at him. “What the hell, Annie?” he whined, glaring back at her.

 

Think of the kids first and then you can go nuts at food table,” Annie warned him. She could clearly read his mind once he entered the room. “If I have to babysit you along with a bunch of other preschoolers, then so be it.” She crossed her arms firmly across her chest.

 

But I'm hungry!” he whined, pouting slightly.

 

Annie sighed and rolled her eyes. “Look Dae, I know you're hungry but please, just for today can you behave?” she asked pleadingly.

 

He grumbled. “Fine,” he huffed before walking in a slump to join the rest of the group. Along the way, he brushed off an older woman's attempt to try to hit on him.

 

She relaxed, breathing a sigh of relief. Smiling, she was proud of herself for actually getting Daehyun to cooperate for once. Looking over at her friends, she never knew they'd be this popular with the other kids. Not to mention, there a bunch of moms ogling at Daehyun and Youngjae prompting Annie scrunch her nose in disgust. She noticed that Lucy was clearly enjoying herself as she was smiling and laughing with the other kids. She briefly took off her hat to let one of the other kids try it on. Zelo and Jongup performed a little fencing session to demonstrate to the other kids as they watched on in amazement.

 

So,” a deep-voiced figure spoke up, prompting her to flinch slightly. She turned to find Yongguk smiling warmly at her. When he smiled, she'd forgotten why she was even upset with him in the first place. “Pirates, huh?” he asked chuckling.

 

This was all Miranda's idea,” she said flatly. “It was the eye patch that sold her on the idea.”

 

I still think you make a cute pirate,” he remarked matter-of-factly.

 

Annie blushed slightly looking away from him. “Thanks? I guess,” she said.

 

I'm curious. How did you get Daehyun and Youngjae to agree to this?” he asked nodding over to the other two best friends.

 

I bribed Daehyun with food, of course,” she answered, then shifted her glance over to Youngjae. He did not seem too comfortable to be there. A group of women were giggling in his presence. One even had the nerve to feel Youngjae's biceps through his coat then gave him a wink. Annie shook her head. Seriously, these women have no shame, she thought then turned back to Yongguk. “As for Youngjae, he would eventually agree if I got everyone else to agree with me so he was outnumbered at that point. I also assured them it'll be fun. I just hope it won't turn into a disaster,” she said wearily. “I still haven't exactly come up with an act quite yet. Turns out, I didn't brush up on my research since I was frantically trying to scope out our wardrobe the whole time. Miranda had to tell me on such short notice.”

 

Maybe, I can help,” he offered.

 

Annie perked up then turned to face him. “How?” she asked.

 

He smiled knowingly, then made his way over to Himchan, who was on the stage adjusting the sound system. Annie found herself watching on in curiosity as Yongguk whispered something in Himchan's ear. Himchan listened intently and nodded in return as soon as Yongguk pulled away from him. What were they talking about? She wondered. Walking over to the microphone, he cleared his throat. “Can I get everyone's attention please?” Himchan announced. The room grew silent as they shifted their attention over to him. “I need all our pirate friends to come to the stage.”

 

Glancing back at her friends, they stared back at her curiously. Annie shrugged her shoulders then proceeded to make her way over to the stage. Her friends then followed suit. Yongguk stood by the stage and held out his hand to her. Reluctantly, Annie took it as he led her up the stage followed by her friends. “Bang, what are you doing?” she asked curiously.

 

He instructed everyone to huddle together. “I think we should perform a song for them,” he said.

 

Annie perked up, beaming. “That sounds like a great idea!” she exclaimed excitedly.

 

Someone scoffed. “Really?” Daehyun complained. He immediately stopped himself from whining any further when he turned to find Annie shooting him a death glare.

 

I don't know about this, hyung,” Youngjae said cautiously.

 

Jae,” Lucy said firmly garnering his attention. “Remember why we're here.”

 

Youngjae sighed. “Right,” he nodded. “For the kids,” he said dully.

 

Exactly,” Lucy said then gave Annie an assuring smile. “We promised to help Annie and as her best friends we shouldn't break that promise now, right?” she turned to Daehyun and Youngjae expectantly.

 

Both best friends glanced at one another then turned to face the girls. “Right,” they both replied simultaneously.

 

What song should we sing to them?” Daehyun asked curiously, turning to Yongguk.

 

He gave Daehyun a sly grin, glancing at Himchan knowingly. “It's a surprise,” he said.

 

Then how do we know when to get into position?” Youngjae asked, raising an eyebrow.

 

You'll know when the music starts,” Yongguk told him then turned to Jongup and Zelo. “Are you guys ready?” The younger boys nodded right away. “Alright, I'm gonna need you guys to get into positions.” He instructed them.

 

Annie cleared prompting everyone to face her. “What about us?” she asked motioning to herself and Lucy.

 

We are gonna need you to smile and look pretty,” Himchan said with a wink. Lucy swooned while Annie scrunched her nose in disgust. He chuckled then glanced at Yongguk, waiting for him to give the girls further instructions.

 

He's right,” Yongguk said finally, nodding in agreement. “I'm also gonna need you to dance alongside us when we perform.”

 

Annie glanced at Lucy wearily. “But we both can't dance,” Annie said worriedly.

 

Yongguk placed both hands on her shoulders then looked deep into her eyes. “It's okay,” he assured her. “Just move along with us and you'll be fine. The point is to have fun with it.” He advised her. “So it doesn't have to be perfect.”

 

She sighed in relief then nodded slowly glancing back at Lucy. “Alright,” she said finally. “Let's get this over with.” Yongguk grinned widely in return and nodded over to one of the other sound guys.

 

Each guy was handed a microphone with the exception of Annie and Lucy. Clearly, it was their job to dance along and not sing which was a relief on their part since they weren't singers. Jongup took off his pirate hat (he still had on his bandana) and handed it to Himchan, who placed it on his head right away. “Thanks,” Himchan grinned at the younger guy.

 

You're welcome, hyung,” Jongup said, grinning shyly.

 

Alright, who wants to hear a song?” Himchan asked the audience.

 

Me!” the audience raised their hands eagerly.

 

Well, you guys are in luck because we got some friends to join us on singing this song,” Yongguk said motioning over to their costume clad friends.

 

Everyone got into position and on cue, the music began to play. Daehyun, Youngjae. Jongup, and Zelo perked up then smiled knowingly at one another upon hearing the sound of the familiar musical beat blaring. (Song is “Crash” by B.A.P.)

 

(Zelo) Have you seen that girl?

(Yongguk) Yeah, she know she's bad

(Zelo) She got me crash and burn

(Yongguk) Hold up

 

As soon as the two rappers wrapped up the beginning, Daehyun took over the vocals starting the song, along with starting the choreography:

 

It doesn’t make sense, you’re so perfect
My breathing gets quicker – this is a foul

 

It was then Jongup's turn as he sang his line, flashing his angelic smile. As a result, he earned brownie points from all the women in the audience.

 

Your eyes, those lips, your everything
shakes up my heart

 

Youngjae took center stage once his part turned up. His voice never ceased to amaze Annie as she found herself beaming as she listened. She and Lucy giggled when all the guys lightly knocked on their noggins on cue. The girls in turn shook their heads and rolled their eyes at the guys' dorkiness.

 

The unforgettable first feeling toward her
Has stolen my heart like a fool

Next, Daehyun began the chorus with Youngjae singing in the background when it was necessary. The rest of the guys danced along to the choreography with Jongup and Zelo leading Annie and Lucy into the dance. The girls weren't born dancers so it was already a given they'd make mistakes but none of the guys seem to care.

As if my heart is broken,
I am ablaze with love
My heart is boom boom beating (and beating)
Please save me – you’re my girl

As Youngjae sang his part, he winked which resulted in a lot of squealing from the female audience members. Annie couldn't blame them, she was aware of the effect he had on women. Youngjae, on the other hand, didn't seem to know it yet. Together, everyone joined along in the song's signature choreography when the next part came on:

Help me help me help me

Himchan took center stage when it was his turn. Even though he only had one line. It was enough to leave an impression. At least in Annie's opinion, that is. Anyhow, the women in the audience were swooning when he winked at them.

My breaths get quicker when I see you

(all) Help me help me help me

(a bunch of giggling could be heard from the girls as they danced along to this part)

Zelo did a brief part even hopping on Yongguk who lifted him momentarily before shifting the attention back over to Daehyun, who finished up the chorus flawlessly:

My eyes get blinded when I see you
My heart is boom boom beating
as I run and look for you
Where you are – I’ll wait for you

Yongguk then took over and rapped his part before Zelo shifted the attention away from him.

You you you meeting you was really a huge thing
No matter what, I want to get to know you

The women in the audience were captivated by the tall young man when he rapped his part. Annie couldn't blame them, he was full of surprises. He and Jongup were both impressive at the moment. They were both really shy and innocent off stage but when they were performing, they turned into completely different people. She always knew they were just full of talent but it was always so refreshing every time she saw them doing what they loved. She beamed proudly as she danced along with Lucy.

I’m like Conan – you
probably don’t know how I feel

(Yongguk) I keep thinking of you – you even
made me forget about my first love

(Zelo) Even if you keep telling me to go away,
I will tell you that you’re my everything
Cause I Love You Girl

Youngjae soon took over the vocals right after Zelo finished up his rap.

The unforgettable first feeling toward her
Has stolen my heart like a fool

Daehyun stepped right in to fill in the chorus with Youngjae. It was always so nice to hear their voices, Annie thought. From what she could tell, even Lucy was amazed.

As if my heart is broken,
I am ablaze with love
My heart is boom boom beating (and beating)
Please save me – you’re my girl

(All of them are dancing along and giggling to this part at that point. This was actually Annie's part since the guys made her and Lucy feel welcomed despite their lack of experience in singing and dancing. This was actually enjoyable.)

Help me help me help me

Himchan stepped in to sing his part rather charismatically at that. His appeal never ceased to amaze Annie. He was a good-looking guy and he knew it, at least from Annie's standpoint. But then, it's Himchan. He was a natural with the ladies so of course, it shouldn't have come as a surprise.

My breaths get quicker when I see you
(all) Help me help me help me

Zelo momentarily pulled up his eye patch with his free hand before eventually opening them again revealing an adorable gleam that brightened up the stage. Annie could have sworn she heard some high-pitched squealing in the room. She beamed proudly at the young man as she danced along. It was like he was growing up before her eyes. Soon, Daehyun stepped in to fill in the chorus which would then eventually lead to the bridge of the song.

My eyes get blinded when I see you
My heart is boom boom beating
as I run and look for you
Where you are – I’ll wait for you

The turning point of the song was of course the next part. Youngjae had a brilliant idea in mind as he turned to glance over at Daehyun, giving him a mischievous grin in return. Soon, both best friends pulled out their weapons (Youngjae had his sword whereas Daehyun had his hook) and pointed them at Annie and Lucy. In retaliation, the girls did the same and proceeded to joust on the stage playfully. Zelo and Jongup eventually joined in, helping out the older girls much to Daehyun and Youngjae's dismay. Feeling left out, Yongguk walked over to Annie and took her sword catching her off guard. “What the hell?” she thought giving him a look. He winked at her before jousting with the others. Himchan borrowed Jongup's sword to joust Yongguk in return. Everyone was clearly enjoying themselves at that point, forgetting the fact that they had an audience at the moment gaping at them in astonishment.

na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na na na

Eventually, the playful atmosphere had died down momentarily as Yongguk took center stage walking over to Annie. He took her hand in his and looked into her eyes tenderly as he rapped his part.

She makes it seem like I can touch her
but then gets farther away

Literally as if on cue, she removed her hand away from him, smiling teasingly in return. He was clearly taken aback. And soon, Himchan eventually took her hand in his as he spoke his part, looking into her eyes tenderly:

Please just give me one chance

Whoa, she thought. She felt her heart flutter, glancing form one friend to the other. It was like they were both actually confessing to her. But she had to brush their actions aside because they had an audience at the moment. She wanted to believe this was an act but why was her heart racing like crazy and she felt her facing feeling a little hot. Her daze was immediately interrupted when Youngjae playfully shoved Himchan out of the way. It was now his turn to serenade to Annie. She relaxed as soon as Youngjae took her hand. At least, Youngjae's presence made her feel a little more comfortable. And of course, his voice gave her a warm fuzzy feeling in her tummy when he hit his high note. She grinned giddily in return as he winked.


If you can hear my heart, please answer me

Daehyun stepped in to sing the last chorus once again. And this time, instead of following the traditional choreography, everyone decided to freestyle the rest of the way.

As if my heart is broken,
I am ablaze with love
My heart is boom boom beating (and beating)
Please save me – you’re my girl

Zelo and Jongup eventually got off the stage and walked into the crowd in the hopes of scoping out Daniel. They then led the birthday boy onto the stage to sing and dance along with them. The boy giggled and danced along as best as he could. Lucy lifted him into her arms to give him a kiss on the cheeks beaming down at him lovingly as she swayed with him to the music.

Help me help me help me
My breaths get quicker when I see you
Help me help me help me
My eyes get blinded when I see you
My heart is boom boom beating
as I run and look for you
Where you are – I’ll wait for you

As the song came to a finish, Yongguk took Annie's hand in his and pulled her close then leaning his forehead against hers. She froze and swallowed hard then shut her good eye tightly, since she was still wearing an eye patch. Her heart was literally palpitating as she anticipated what Yongguk planned on doing next. Was he going in for the kill? She wondered, her eyes still sealed tightly.

 

However, her hopes were crushed when he moved away then turned to face the audience. “Smile,” he told her, as he grinned widely.

 

Stunned, she turned her head to find everyone gawking at them so she did as she was told and faked a wide smile.


A/N: Hello again! I told you I wasn't kidding when I said you guys were in for a treat lol. I hope you enjoyed this chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it. I'm sorry if it's a little sloppy because I still think it is >.< But hey, if it makes you smile then that's all that matters right? I wanted to add my own take and flavor to their Crash performances lol. I thought the sword fighting in the "Nanananana..." part was perfect lol. And of course when Bang and Himchan did their speaking parts for the song, it felt like a confession in a way. That was the premise I was going for when I was writing this chapter lol. I really hope you guys enjoy it! I honestly ran out of ideas during the last update but then this one suddenly hit me today and I just had to write it lol.

Oh yes, I totally forgot... The lyrics to Crash don't belong to me, I have to credit kromanized.com for it lol. This chapter is dedicated to you Babyz in a way... Oh the things we'd do to be in Annie and Lucy's shoes lol.. Especially Annie since she is getting romanced by the two hot oldest guys >.< However, I had to add that interruption by Youngjae lol (I'm currently crushing on him atm...) >_< anyways, enjoy! ^^

P.S. Don't mind the minor errors, I'll come back to fix it later.