Brotherly Bond

The Undomestic Nanny

Chapter 57

Moments before Yongnam and Annie's epic meeting...

 

Come on, come on...” Yongguk said into the phone as he was pacing around the recording room. “Pick up, Annie, pick up...” he sighed in frustration tossing his phone on the leather couch. He heard everything from the night before and wanted to hear her out but she was clearly being uncooperative at the moment and it was starting to irritated him to no end. Before long, he was soon interrupted by an abrupt knock on the door.

 

Am I interrupting something?” a familiar deep voice rang out from the door. Yongguk turned to find his older twin brother Yongnam, leaning against the door frame with an amused expression on his face.

 

Oh hyung!” Yongguk looked relieved. “What are you doing here?” he asked inquisitively.

 

Yongnam shrugged. “What, am I not allowed to come visit my own brother?” he asked crossing his arms over his chest. “Whatever happened to 'Hi hyung! How are you doing? Long time no see. I missed you. How's the family?'”

 

Yongnam, now's not a good time to crack jokes,” Yongguk warned his brother before running his hand down his face.

 

Yongnam chuckled and shrugged once again. “It was worth a shot,” he said before entering the room to join his brother. “So what's new?” he finally asked settling into the swivel chair, turning to face Yongguk.

 

Yongguk sighed. “Nothing,” he said.

 

Are you sure about that?” Yongnam asked, raising an eyebrow. He soon stood up then walked over the leather couch picking up Yongguk's phone.

 

What do you think you're doing?” Yongguk immediately walked over to snatch the phone away.

 

I'm just curious,” Yongnam pointed out before smirking mischievously. “So who's the lucky girl?”

 

Who said anything about a girl?” Yongguk barked back.

 

Yongguk, I'm not stupid,” Yongnam shook his head. “I heard everything before eventually deciding to knock on the door.” He chuckled. “So who's Annie? Is she cute?” he asked curiously.

 

Yongguk groaned in frustration. “Is that always the first question you ask when it comes to girls?” he sneered. “You're starting to sound like Himchan.”

 

Oh yeah, how is Himchan doing?” Yongnam mused.

 

Beats me,” Yongguk shrugged. “I haven't been speaking to him lately.”

 

How come? Aren't you two like best friends or something?” his brother raised an eyebrow.

 

We've been caught up with other things, I haven't had the time to hang out with him lately,” Yongguk pointed out realizing his statement was true. What has Himchan been up to? He wondered. He's been a little distant lately. But then Yongguk had to realize he'd been busy himself and occasionally, he would often hang around Annie. But due to her abrupt little phone call and her dismissive behavior, that might all change. Who was he kidding? It's only been a day, maybe she needed space to cool off before wanting to speak to him again. He felt, however, that she still owed him an explanation on what that phone call actually meant.

 

Anyways, onto the girl,” Yongnam spoke up, interrupting Yongguk's train of thought. “What happened with her?”

 

I think she may have -dialed me last night...”

 

Yongnam snorted. “You were -dialed?” he snickered but immediately stopped himself when Yongguk shot him a look. “How'd that happen?”

 

I have no idea,” Yongguk shrugged.

 

Yongnam scratched his head in confusion. “I seriously don't get you sometimes, little brother,” he finally said.

 

Some things just can't be explained,” Yongguk pointed out before turning to his brother. “Anyways, I'm about to head to the breakroom for coffee. Would you be okay if I left you alone for a minute?”

 

What, do you not trust me?” Yongnam asked defiantly.

 

It's not that I don't trust you,” Yongguk reasoned. “It's just you tend to break things you touch.”

 

I do NOT!” Yongnam defended himself.

 

Mhmm, if you say so. Just do me a favor and don't touch anything!” Yongguk pointed to him one last time before turning to leave. “There's a lot of expensive equipment in here and I'm not gonna pay for a new one.”

 

Whatever you say, little brother,” Yongnam shrugged nonchalantly.

 

Alright, I'll bring you something when I get back,” Yongguk finally said looking over his shoulder.

 

Sure thing,” Yongnam nodded before his brother left the room. He then proceeded to browse curiously around the room. Not long after, once Yongguk had gone, he was soon taken by surprise at the sound of the door opening before finding himself face to face with a disheveled girl as she came barging into the room panting.

 


So,” Annie began, glancing from both brothers. They soon settled into a booth where Yongguk sat between Annie and Yongnam. “Twins, eh? You never told me you had a twin.” she said turning to Yongguk.

 

Yongguk scoffed. “Well, there's a lot of things you don't know about me,” he retorted back. “But yes, I do have a twin.” he said matter-of-factly. “It just so happens that he's visiting me for the weekend believe it or not.” He turned to Yongnam, who nodded in return.

 

That's pretty awesome,” Annie remarked, beaming. “Well, I hope you enjoy your stay here in Seoul, Yongnam.”

 

Oh I'm already enjoying it,” he said, flashing his dimpled grin once again. Glancing from Yongguk to Annie, he gave her a look which prompted her to frown. She was hoping he would keep his mouth shut about what had happened earlier in the recording room. Sensing that she was staring at him as Yongguk browsed through the menu, Yongnam gave her a reassuring wink.

 

She flushed before shifting her attention down at the menu before her. Come to think of it, this whole situation was all too amusing to her. She found herself closely observing both brothers as they were reading the menu. It was going to take her a while to adjust to the fact that he had a twin brother. But for some reason, she was able to tell them apart. Annie made a mental note for herself to make them both smile in case she couldn't tell them apart. One twin had dimples and the other doesn't. It shouldn't be that bad, she thought.

 

So, tell me,” Yongnam spoke up breaking the awkward silence that ensued between them. “How did you two meet?”

 

Annie and Yongguk glanced at one another before turning back to face him. “It's kind of an interesting story,” Annie began, still fixing her stare on Yongguk expectantly. He nodded for her to continue.

 

I'm all ears,” Yongnam leaned forward a little to ensure they have his full attention.

 

I was in a rush one morning and really had to get to my old job,” she continued. “Then, as I was making my way towards the crosswalk to cross the street, an incoming car almost hit me but Bang, here,” she said turning to Yongguk admiringly. “Saved my life.” She chuckled. “He pulled me out of the way before I could get hit,” she said finally.

 

My brother, the hero,” Yongnam mused glancing at Yongguk with a look of amusement. “I always knew you had it in you.”

 

I try,” Yongguk beamed proudly.

 

Yongnam turned to Annie. “Consider yourself lucky for having my brother here”--he patted Yongguk's back--”save your life like that. That must have been scary,” he said.

 

Annie nodded in agreement. “You have no idea. I was so shaken up about it after wards,” she chuckled before turning back to a beaming Yongguk. “Thanks again.”

 

He grinned back at her tenderly. “Anytime,” he said.

 

But that wasn't the end of it,” she resumed turning back to face Yongnam. “I had just gotten a job working as a nanny in the same apartment building as your brother's and we ran into each other occasionally. The kid I was watching was quite a handful so on one fateful night, I happened to literally run into Bang and let's just say the rest is history!” she mused which in turn earned a chuckle from the guys.

 

Yeah, I had to help her out with Danny for a bit before leaving,” Yongguk informed his brother.

 

I owe you another one for helping me out,” she replied sheepishly.

 

Annie.” he said. “Don't worry about it. Anything for Danny, I mean you know how much I love the kid.”

 

Oh, of course I do,” Annie chuckled along with Yongguk. For a moment, a comfortable silence ensued between the two of them as they gazed admiringly at one another.

 

Yongnam eyed the minor exchange between his brother and Annie in astonishment. Never in his life had he seen his brother act so tender and caring towards a girl before. It was almost new and refreshing in a way. Wait until Natasha hears about this, he thought. From what he could tell, Annie seemed like a really nice and caring girl. Someone he would like for Yongguk as opposed to the other girls who like to throw themselves his way.

 

Soon, however, Yongguk's phone chimed. He looked down at the caller ID and sighed. “I have to take this,” he stood up. “Will you guys be alright if I'm gone a minute?” Annie and Yongnam nodded in return. “Alright, excuse me,” he excused himself, leaving the table.

 

Watching his retreating figure head outside, Annie soon found herself sitting alone with Yongnam. “So,” she began, her eyes wandering around the restaurant. “Are you in the music scene as well?”

 

He nodded while taking a sip of his drink. “I am, actually,” he said matter-of-factly.

 

Really?” Annie seemed clearly amazed. Music must run in the family, she noticed. “What kind of music? Are you a lot like your brother?”

 

He shook his head, grinning. “Not really,” he said. “I'm more of a rock and alternative kind of guy. Heck, I'm even a frontman for my own band.”

 

No way!” she exclaimed excitedly. “That's pretty awesome,” she chuckled. “Don't say anything but I highly prefer rock and alternative as opposed to hip-hop and rap like your brother,” she said softly glancing out the window to find Yongguk pacing back and forth as he was talking on the phone.

 

Don't worry, your secret's safe with me,” he winked.

 

She soon remembered the incident from earlier as she finally decided to shift the topic. “Speaking of secrets,” she began. “I may be keeping a few of my own... Like you know, what happened a little earlier?”

 

He nodded in understanding, catching on right away. “I remember,” he remarked, sounding a bit amused.

 

She sighed in relief. “Look Yongnam, I know Yongguk's your brother and you care a lot about him, meaning his feelings are extremely important,” she continued.

 

I'm listening,” he narrowed his eyes, listening intently for her to continue forth with her statement. “Go on...”

 

Well, what I'm trying to say is for you to keep this between us,” she finally said.

 

He choked slightly on his drink. Annie moved closer to pat him on the back. Little did they know, Yongguk glanced over at them from outside watching their whole interaction. “Come again?” he asked.

 

She looked over at him sheepishly. “Please don't tell your brother I have feelings for him,” she pleaded.

 

Why not? He's my brother, I believe he has a right to know,” he countered.

 

I know,” she said. “But hear me out. He's a really good friend and I don't want some stupid feelings to ruin what we already have. Keeping him around as a friend is really important, Yongnam. I hope you understand where I'm coming from.”

 

I do understand,” he nodded finally. “But I don't see a reason for you to hide from him.”

 

What do you mean?” she asked, looking up at him.

 

My brother is human too, Annie,” he pointed out. “You may sit there and assume he doesn't care about anyone's feelings but he does. I may not know how he feels about you directly but I can already sense something there. And I may not know you all that well but I can already tell you're a very nice girl and he seems to care about you a lot.” He finally said before snickering. “I mean seriously, you should have seen him pacing around the room calling your phone and his reaction when you didn't pick up was pretty epic,” he muttered to no one in particular.

 

Annie immediately turned to face him, “What did you just say?” she asked.

 

Yongnam's eyes widened. “Nothing,” he shook his head immediately.

 

She narrowed her eyes at him and decided to brush his statement off for now. “Okay,” she finally said nodding slowly. “I'll just tell him when I'm ready, Yongnam.”

 

He shrugged. “Whatever you say,” he told her. “Just don't wait too long, Annie. For all you know, he might be waiting all this time for you to tell him how you feel.”

 

That's a good point,” she nodded in agreement.

 

I agree,” he replied curtly. “You know, eventually, he'll get tired someday and decide to move on.” He said finally. “Just think about it.”

 

I'll take your word for it,” she returned.

 

Before Yongnam could get another word in, Yongguk soon made his way to them settling into the chair beside Annie sitting close enough for her to feel a bit of discomfort. But she managed to appear composed. Yongguk turned to give Yongnam a smug look. “So what were you guys talking about while I was gone?” he asked finally.

 

Glancing from his brother to Annie, he knew right away that he'd been right all along. “Oh, you know, just music and other stuff. Right Annie?” he looked over at her with a flat expression.

 

In turn, she looked away hoping to avoid eye contact. “Right,” she lied, chuckling nervously. “We were just talking about your family and stuff. You guys seem to have a really cool family. I've always wanted to have another sibling but I'm fine with setting for Lucy, Daehyun, and Youngjae.” She told Yongguk.

 

I see,” Yongguk nodded in understanding.

 

What happened to your family if you don't mind me asking?” Yongnam asked curiously.

 

Well, my dad left me and my mom when I was five leaving my mom to raise me alone up until I was twelve,” she said looking away somberly. “She passed away.” She informed them.

 

An abrupt silence ensued momentarily before Yongnam cleared his throat. “Annie, I'm really, really sorry. I didn't--”

 

No, don't apologize,” she interrupted him. “You guys didn't know, but now you do.” She grinned. “Thought I'd tell you about that part of my life. I mean if we're gonna be around each other more as friends then you have a right to know,” she chuckled in the hopes of lighting up the now gloomy atmosphere.

 

Annie,” Yongguk inched closer to her.

 

Instinctively, she moved her chair a little further away from Yongguk in order to keep a safe distance. “I'm fine, Bang,” she assured him attempting to keep her voice steady. Her heart was thumping rapidly whenever she was near him. She knew this feeling wasn't going away anytime soon and she had to hand it to his twin brother to catch on right away.

 

The other thing, she could have considered was the fact that she had barged in at the wrong time for him to hear the whole confession. She figured if she didn't do that, he might not find out and she wouldn't have to find herself in this kind of predicament. She could feel Yongnam observing her interaction with Yongguk but chose to ignore him. Who was he to tell her what to do? She knew her feelings and would choose to go about her own pace.

 

Not able to stick around any longer, she finally stood up. “Please excuse me,” she excused herself before making her way over to the bathroom, leaving the twin brothers alone momentarily as they watched her retreating figure disappear into the hallway.

 

Turning to Yongguk, Yongnam finally spoke up. “Little brother,” Yongguk turned to him, furrowing his brows in confusion. “I never knew you'd be this dumb.” He shook his head.

 

Yongguk was clearly stunned and confused at his brother's sudden bluntness. “What are you talking about?” he asked.

 

Can't you read into her behavior?” Yongnam countered. “You can just tell.”

 

Tell what?” Yongguk scratched his head in confusion.

 

She totally likes you,” Yongnam blurted.

 

I know that,” Yongguk scoffed. “She likes everyone.”

 

No, Yongguk,” Yongnam said firmly. “She likes you. A LOT. I heard everything.”

 

Yongguk gaped at the realization in astonishment. So it is true, he thought. “So that phone call wasn't a lie,” he mused to himself suddenly grinning.

 

That's better, much better,” Yongnam nodded approvingly. “You're finally realizing a bunch of things. I'm so proud of you, little brother. Wait, until everyone else hears about this.” He grinned before taking out his phone. “Hello? Oh hey Natasha noona, guess what? Our little brother has finally found himself a girl. Yeah I've met her. She's really nice. I find her to be extremely funny,” he chuckled.

 

Annie soon emerged, making her way back to the table. Grinning back at her, Yongnam stood up then made his way out the door to excuse himself into taking another phone call. He waved to her and she soon waved back in confusion before settling beside Yongguk. The latter appeared to have a very bemused expression plastered onto his handsome face. Sighing and rolling her eyes, she instinctively waved a hand in front of his face. “Hello? Earth to Bang!” she sang out cheerfully.

 

He soon awoken from his trance before shifting his attention over to her. “Hey, you're back,” he said, smiling tenderly at her.

 

She grinned and nodded. “Of course,” she remarked. “What, you thought I was gonna ditch you or something?”

 

He chuckled, flashing his adorable gummy grin. Despite Yongnam's dimples, Yongguk's gummy grin was already sending shockwaves through her body. Impulsively, Yongguk found himself inching closer and closer to her.

 

Swallowing hard, Annie froze, Her heart began to thump loudly and rapidly. “Bang,” she croaked. “I mean Yongguk...”

 

Hmm?” he hummed, continuing to slowly lean closer.

 

About last night,” she began, gulping. “Everything I said to you, was the truth.” She was only met with silence. “I like you,” she finally said, her breathing becoming irregular. His breath was really hot against her skin as he finally closed in on her.

 

I'll stop when you tell me to,” he finally said before crashing his lips against hers.


A/N: Hi guys! Here's another update! The moment you've been waiting for!! I hope you enjoy it! Sorry this chapter didn't come back with a BANG! like the last one >.< Of course Yongnam had to ruin it for the both of them but hey, better sooner than later right? Now our couple have realized their true feelings for one another and Bang actually goes in for the kiss! I'll try to update again soon... This story is the only thing keeping my mind off my stress lol.

P.S. Please don't mind the minor errors... I'll come back and fix this later lol. On a brighter note, Annie gets to confess for real this time. :D Thank Yongnam for pushing her (and for blurting it out too; Don't hate him! He's only trying to help hehe)