An Eventful One

The Undomestic Nanny

Chapter 13

Annie found herself gaping upon seeing Yongguk's luxurious Maserati parked in the parking garage. “That's your car?” she asked with a tone of incredulity.

 

He raised an eyebrow and nodded slowly. “Yes, yes it is,” he said cautiously. “Why? Is there something wrong with it?”

 

Of course not!” she laughed hysterically to herself. “It's just--- that's your car! That you happen to drive all the time. It's probably the most expensive car I've ever seen in my life aside from Himchan's Hummer but still...”

 

So are you gonna hop in or what?” he looked at her expectantly placing his hand in his pockets. He sure looked hot when he did that, she thought. “Because we could be here all day,” he said oh-so-casually.

 

Right!” she nodded as he opened the passenger door for her. “Thank you,” she said curtly.

 

My pleasure,” he gave her a warm smile before shutting the door. As he made his way around to the driver's side, Annie couldn't help but admire the interior. Damn, what's a guy gotta do to get a car like this? She wondered as she felt her way around the interior. Yongguk looked at her in amusement before clearing his throat. She looked up at him. “So where to?”

 


When they got to the building, Annie had asked Yongguk to wait outside for her ensuring him she wouldn't take long. All she had to do was go into the building, find Mr. Shin's office and retrieve what Miranda had asked her to retrieve. It was that simple. She didn't want to draw any attention, of course.

 

Walking over to the front desk, she was greeted stiffly by a receptionist. “Hello, how may I help you?” She looked like she was bored with her job, Annie noted.

 

Hi, I'm here to see Mr. Shin,” Annie informed her. “Madam Shin sent me to get something from him.”

 

One moment please,” she picked up the receiver to make a call. “Okay.” she looked up at Annie. “You may now go upstairs to his office.”

 

Thank you,” Annie gave her a brief smile before making her way into the elevator.

 

She was soon joined by sharply dressed businessmen in Armani suits. She felt like a sore thumb in the crowd looking at her reflection on the elevator door given her casual wardrobe. She was wearing a short-sleeved gray v-neck t-shirt and a pair of khaki shorts since it was warm outside. If she knew she was entering a posh building, she would've worn something form fitting. It's too late to turn back now, she thought.

 

The doors soon flew opened and Annie stepped out finally relieved about not feeling congested with all those sharply dressed me. She soon made her way to another desk belonging to a secretary. She was casually filing her nails. Shouldn't she be working? Annie thought but shook that thought away. The girl looked up at Annie with a sneer eyeing her from head to toe. “Can I help you?” she asked cocking an eyebrow.

 

Brushing aside her cold reception, Annie jumped straight to the point. “Is Mr. Shin in his office?” she asked curtly.

 

And you are...?” she gave Annie a dirty look.

 

I'm his son's new nanny,” Annie answered crossing her arms. “Madam Shin sent me to pick something up from him.”

 

Sighing, she said, “One moment, please,” before picking up the phone. After hanging up, she looked back at Annie. “He didn't pick up but I'm guessing he's putting his calls on hold. If you want, you can just head to office. It's down that hall over there.” she said pointing down the hallway.

 

Okay, thanks,” Annie gave her a brief smile and then the smug secretary resumed filing her nails. Even though she was being a , a part of her was still helpful, she noted as she made her way to her destination.

 

She took a deep breath before finally knocking once she arrived at the door. From behind the door, she could hear faint shuffling. “Come in!” a man's voice said from inside.

 

Reluctantly, Annie turned the knob and opened it, making her way slowly inside. The interior of the office was pretty nice from what she observed. There was a clean bathroom by the entrance along with thick carpeting on the floors. There was even a view of the city. Who wouldn't want an office overlooking the city? The desk was located in the center in front of the giant window but she found it empty.

 

But once she looked to her right, she came across two people, an older man and a younger woman clearly looking flustered upon seeing her enter. The young woman's hair was disheveled as she stood up to straighten up her clothing. Soon, she grabbed her files and was out the door without another word. Annie was sure she didn't acknowledge her but didn't let it bother her as she turned to face the man in speaking, who was fixing his tie. It slowly started to dawn on her that it was her first time encountering him since getting the job as Daniel's nanny. “And you are...?” he finally asked cocking an eyebrow her way. He was pretty intimidating, she thought.

 

I don't think we've met but I'm Daniel's new nanny,” Annie introduced herself extending her hand. “My name is Annie.”

 

Not bothering to shake her hand, he jumped straight to the point. “What are you doing here?” he asked coldly.

 

Annie frowned. “Well you see, um, Mrs. Shin sent me to get something from you,” she replied sheepishly looking away from him. His stare made her feel so small. “And I just thought, you know, you'd give it to me and I'll be out of your way...”

 

I see,” he said giving her a look before making his way to the desk to open a drawer presenting her with a manila envelope.

 

Taking it from him, Annie gave him a brief bow. “Thank you, sir,” she said before turning to leave.

 

Hey, nanny,” he called to her prompting her to sheepishly turn back around. “About what you saw...?”

 

I didn't see a thing,” she shook her head innocently then immediately rushed out of the office.

 

Once she was out the door, she breathed a sigh of relief. “That was unpleasant,” she muttered as she made her way downstairs to meet with Yongguk.


 

Are you okay?” Yongguk asked, his tone full of concern. “You've been quiet all afternoon. If I didn't know any better, something's on your mind. But then, I don't know you all that well so I wouldn't know.” He said shrugging.

 

Annie looked up at him and sighed. “Let's say hypothetically, there is something on my mind. And it happens to pertain to a certain boy's family,” she finally said.

 

Yongguk leaned closer furrowing his eyebrows. “Why? Did something happen?”

 

No, of course not,” she shook her head as she took a drink of her water. They both stopped by the Temple Cafe to grab lunch. Lucy was the only one working and when she spotted Yongguk with her best friend, she became an over-zealous fangirl which earned a look from Annie. Yongguk, on the other hand, remained oblivious.

 

Here's your food,” Lucy smiled as she set down their plates. “Now, if you need anything. Please let me know. Okay, Annie? As your best friend, I will do anything for you.”

 

Thanks Luce, I think Yongguk here knows that you're my best friend,” she said through gritted teeth glaring at her best friend then glanced back at her handsome companion. “Right, Yongguk?”

 

Um, yeah,” he nodded slowly. “You said so when you introduced yourself.”

 

Right! But remember, I'm here if you need me,” she gave Annie a wink.

 

Sure thing, Luce, will do,” Annie said giving her a look. “You should get back to work before the boys get here. Yeah?”

 

Yes!” she beamed then left Annie and Yongguk alone.

 

Sorry about that,” Annie said turning to him. “She's excited for me because she hasn't seen me on a date with a guy since forever.” She thought about it momentarily.

 

Whoa, date?” Yongguk raised an eyebrow.

 

Her eyes widened. “I didn't mean for it to come out that way!” she exclaimed immediately covering with her hand then mentally slapping herself. She soon found herself blushing. “What I mean is Lucy hasn't seen me with a guy in general... not a date. I mean I've been on plenty of dates, you know...” she rambled. It was a habit she picked up whenever she became flustered. Yongguk gaped at her in astonishment. Luckily, her phone went off. New Text Message from Lucy: “You're not making the situation any better. Hehe.”

 

Annie turned around and shot Lucy a death glare, which in turn prompted Lucy to resume her work. “Anyways, forget what I said and let's just eat, shall we? We still have to go get Danny from school soon in time for his piano lesson.” she said turning back to him.


 

Soon, Jongup and Zelo entered the cafe in time for their shifts to start. Both guys found Lucy cleaning the same spot on the counter for a long while only to realize she wasn't exactly focused. She was too busy spying on Annie and some guy eating together. “Lucy noona, shouldn't you be working?” Jongup finally asked which in turn startled her.

 

Shhhh!!!” she hissed causing both boys to slightly flinch. “I'm trying to listen!”

 

Listen to what? Annie noona and that guy?” Zelo chimed in. “Why? What are they talking about?”

 

That's what I'm trying to figure out!” Lucy exclaimed impatiently. “Now the both of you go get changed and clock in! I'll tell you guys as soon as you're out here.”

 

Yes, ma'am,” both guys replied in unison before disappearing into the back room to change.

 

As soon as they were out, Jongup tapped on Lucy's shoulder to get her attention. “So what's going on?” he asked.

 

Our little Annie is finally growing up and going on a date!” Lucy beamed.

 

She is pretty little,” Zelo muttered to Jongup, who in turn snickered, and then looked back at Lucy. “Who's the guy?”

 

I don't know,” she shrugged. “All I know is that he's a fine specimen of a man.” She mused. “He's tall, dark, and handsome. Just the perfect kind of guy for Annie.”

 

Shoot! They're coming!” Jongup panicked.

 

Quick! Pretend to do some work!” Lucy demanded as they all went to their assigned stations. Faking a smile, she looked up at Annie and Yongguk. “So, how was your meal?”

 

It was great, thank you,” Yongguk replied flashing a gummy smile to Lucy.

 

Well, that's great to hear, Yongguk!” Lucy exclaimed excitedly. “I hope you and Annie stop by all the time!”

 

I don't mind,” he glanced at Annie. “That is, if you're okay with it.”

 

Of course not,” Annie shot Lucy a look along with a fake smile. Glancing at the two younger boys, she gave them a warm smile. “Hey guys!”

 

Hi, noona,” both boys greeted her but were stunned when they faced Yongguk.

 

Bang Yongguk?!” Zelo uttered. “You're Bang Yongguk!!!!”

 

Yes, I am,” Yongguk said cautiously nodding slowly.

 

We're huge fans of yours!” Jongup chimed in.

 

Lucy and Annie watched the scene unfold, mouths agape. The best friend glanced at each other. “What's going on?” Lucy mouthed.

 

Annie shrugged. “I don't know!” she mouthed back then looked at Yongguk in confusion.


A/N: Here's another update! ^^ And I notice I have new subbies lol. New subbies, welcome! If you want, add me as a friend! I don't bite! :D I'm always open to meeting new people here! Again, sorry if this chapter disappointed you... It's still somewhat of a filler. I was working on this all last night and today (even though I wasn't even home >.<) Enjoy!

P.S. Again, don't mind the grammar errors.