Feels Like a Date...

The Undomestic Nanny

Chapter 33

Okay sure, anything,” she nodded, taken aback a bit by his sudden proposition. “What's up?”

 

Well you know, since I don't really have much to do I was wondering if you'd like to grab a quick bite with me?” he finally asked expectantly despite his nervousness. It's not often he asked to do these kinds of things. Usually the girls would make a move on him and he would sometimes go along with them but it felt a little different with Annie. She wasn't just any other girl and he knew that. So did she.

 

Caught off guard, Annie's eyes widened. “Bang... are you asking me on a date?

 

Of course not!” he exclaimed immediately shaking his head. “What makes you think it's a date?” he asked chuckling nervously.

 

She frowned. A part of her was hoping he meant it as a date but of course, he would flat out deny it. She saw denial coming from him nevertheless. Her ego got the best of her anyways. Way to go, you idiot, she thought. You blew it. “I'm sorry, it's just I'm not used to having a guy asking me to grab dinner with him and all...” she managed to say despite her disappointment. “I mean I would understand if Daehyun or Youngjae asked me to grab a bite to eat but they're my friends. And I mean you're my friend too but I still barely know you and all... And I'll shut up now.” she blushed looking away from him.

 

He found himself chuckling upon hearing her rambling. He took note of it whenever she became flustered and found it to be quite an amusing sight. Daehyun and Youngjae must have a blast when throwing her under the bus. “It's okay,” he told her. “But that's the purpose isn't it? To know each other a little better? Before you know it, we'll be great friends!” he beamed. “So what will it be?”

 

To know each other a little better? That does sound like a date, she wanted to say but decided against it. “Well since it's not a date, it's just dinner, right?” Annie asked again.

 

He nodded. “Just dinner,” he replied.

 

Okay sure, why not?” she agreed. “You pick a place this time.”

 

I know just the spot,” he said with a grin. “Are you a fan of ramen by any chance?”

 

I love ramen,” Annie said.

 

Then this will be the place for you,” he said grinning as they both exited the building then making their way into the parking garage to his car.


 

So what do you think?” Yongguk asked as soon as Annie took her first bite.

 

Savoring the taste, she gave him a nod of approval. “Not bad,” she finally said. “I wish I knew about this place sooner. I'd come every day.” She chuckled. “Anyways, this is like a party in my mouth. Gosh, I sound like one of those food critics you see on TV.”

 

Yongguk chuckled. “Well, I'm glad you like it. I come here all the time as you can see,” he said.

 

Annie nodded in understanding. When they entered the little shop, Yongguk was casually greeted by the older married couple who happened to own the place. “I noticed,” she said glancing back at the married couple. The wife seemed to be peering over at them then whispered something to her husband who looked up. He appeared to be scolding his wife then glanced over at Annie and Yongguk then smiled. Annie smiled back then awkwardly turned to an oblivious Yongguk. “I think they were talking about us.”

 

Yongguk then looked over in the couple's direction then chuckled to himself. “I think it's because they never see me with a girl,” he said then went back to his soup.

 

Really? So you never bring any of your girlfriends to this place?” Annie asked teasingly.

 

If I had a girlfriend, then probably,” he shrugged. “But I just come here to eat, that's all. It's nice and quiet. Just the way I like it. Besides, this isn't a place I'd take my hypothetical girlfriend.”

 

I had to ask,” she said stirring around her noodles then eyed him curiously. “Why? You would rather take her to some fancy place?”

 

Pretty much,” he nodded indifferently. “I come here just to be alone. If I had a girlfriend, I'd still come just to get away from her neediness and nagging. Sometimes, a man needs his place, you know?”

 

I hear you,” she nodded in understanding. “Care to tell me why you brought me here tonight? I mean you did say you like to come here to be alone. In this case, you're technically not alone, Bang. I'm here with you.”

 

I know that,” he retorted back. “I just thought I'd bring someone along for a change. And besides, I didn't have any plans. I assumed Miranda didn't feed you properly so I thought you might be hungry after work. And what do you know? I was right.”

 

And right, you are,” she said matter-of-factly. “But last time I checked, you said the purpose of this little dinner, or in this case, supper was to get to know each other a little better. Now if I didn't know any better, this sounds a lot like a date.”

 

It can be whatever you want it to be,” he winked at her.

 

Annie soon felt her face heat up then looked down. “You could've at least allow me to look a little presentable,” she muttered.

 

You look fine,” he assured her.

 

Easy for you to say!” she barked back. “You're a guy! All you have to do is throw on clothes and voila! You're good to go!”

 

Now, now,” he mused. “That's not always the case for us, you know.”

 

Why? Do you love to secretly wear makeup?” she asked mockingly with a mischievous grin. “Don't worry. Your secret is safe with me.” she in turn gave him a wink.

 

Oh yeah, I love to wear makeup and do my hair as well as paint my nails,” he grinned giddily attempting to speak in a high-pitched voice which made Annie slightly cringe in return.

 

Ew! Don't EVER speak in that girly voice ever again!” she demanded.

 

Why? What's wrong with it?” he asked using his high-pitched voice once again.

 

There's nothing cute about it! So stop!” she scowled.

 

Yongguk chuckled. “You know, you're pretty cute when you're mad,” he said in his normal deep and husky voice.

 

That's pretty funny because Himchan said the exact same thing when I went off on him one time,” she informed him.

 

He frowned upon hearing his best friend's name. Annie seemed oblivious to it somehow. “Did he now?” he asked.

 

Annie nodded. “Anyways, you should stop with that cutesy act. It seriously doesn't even suit you,” she sneered.

 

He shrugged. “It worked on other girls,” he said indifferently.

 

Yeah, well keep in mind that I'm not 'other girls',” she said emphasizing on the last words a bit.

 

I noticed,” he muttered. “It was a worth a try before someone decided to be a buzz kill.”

 

Hey! Who's the buzz kill?” she complained. “I'm only speaking the truth! Someone can't handle the truth.”

 

Fine. Well, in truth, this isn't a date,” he finally said.

 

Good,” she replied despite feeling slightly disappointment. “Anyways, I'm surprised you eat stuff like this. I always took you for one of those high-end types.”

 

Yongguk chuckled. “Just because I lead an expensive lifestyle doesn't mean I have expensive tastes. You shouldn't always assume things, you know,” he replied suavely.

 

My mistake,” Annie went back to eating her noodles. After a long moment, she slowly found herself discreetly studying him as he ate. He seemed to have sensed her staring at him when he finally looked up. She blushed looking away slightly trying to read a sign on the wall.

 

You know, it's rude to stare,” he .

 

I wasn't staring! I was just staring at your nice watch!” she pointed to the Diesel watch he was wearing on his left wrist. “What a nice watch!”

 

Thanks,” he furrowed his eyebrows eying her suspiciously. Clearly, Annie was a horrible liar but he found it amusing when she was flustered. “So... how was breakfast with Himchan this morning?” he asked bitterly deciding to shift over the topic.

 

It was nice,” Annie beamed.

 

That's it? Just nice?” he continued.

 

Well, yeah,” she nodded, thinking back to earlier that morning. “I usually grab breakfast alone since Lucy is always working the mornings. Daehyun is usually heading to the studio before I can ask and Youngjae will occasionally join me but he couldn't make it. However, it felt nice to eat with Himchan for a change.” She grinned then turned her attention to Yongguk. “So... you stopped by the cafe this morning? Like I said before, we could've met up too. I wouldn't mind, you know...”

 

He chuckled nervously. “Right, about that I--” he was soon interrupted by the sound of a ringing phone. It was Annie's. Checking her caller ID, she saw Lucy's name across the screen and sighed before looking up at Yongguk. It was like she was silently asking his permission to answer it. “Go ahead,” he said giving her a nod of approval.

 

Are you sure?” she asked, conflicted about answering it.

 

She must be worried about you so you should answer it,” he replied.

 

Sighing, she nodded. “Excuse me,” she stood up and left the table to answer it.


 

Where have you been? Do you have any idea how worried I am?” Lucy demanded as soon as Annie answered. “You know how I feel when you're out this late!”

 

You didn't seem to worry when I went to pick up tampons that night,” Annie retorted back.

 

Hey!” Lucy hissed at the other end, prompting Annie to pull the phone away from her ear briefly. “It was that time of the month and you know how careless I get... And besides, you came home with Zelo in tow and he's a freakin' giant who could protect you from harm so that was convenient and a relief.”

 

Wow... use the kid's height and size to your advantage, why don't you?” Annie rolled her eyes. “I already feel bad for him working under your authority.”

 

He's not complaining and he has Jongup to help him out,” Lucy retorted back. “Those two get more work done than you and me combined.”

 

What? So when I worked with you I wasn't an efficient worker?” Annie argued back, slightly offended by Lucy.

 

I didn't say that!” Lucy exclaimed.

 

It sure sounded that way,” Annie said.

 

Whatever! We'll solve this later! Anyways, are you gonna tell me where you are or should I file a missing person's report?”

 

Annie scoffed. “I haven't been kidnapped. So a missing person's report isn't necessary. I'm just grabbing a bite to eat at the moment.”

 

Alone?” Lucy asked.

 

Sure,” Annie said with a smirk. “You can say that. I'm eating... alone.”

 

Lucy caught on right away, seeing right through her best friend. “No freakin' way! With who?!” she asked eagerly.

 

No one!” she answered, pulling her best friend's leg.

 

Is it Himchan or Yongguk?” Lucy asked impatiently.

 

Look, Luce,” Annie sighed. “We'll talk when I come home tonight. See you soon! Bye!”

 

Wait--!” Lucy exclaimed but was interrupted by a click at the other end. Pulling the phone away from her ear, she pouted upon realizing her best friend just hung up on her. “She hung up on me!” she whined turning to Daehyun and Youngjae.

 

That's why you don't call during a date, Luce,” Daehyun said poking her forehead, which in turn earned a swipe from Lucy.

 

She didn't tell me she had a date!” she pouted.

 

I don't think she thinks it's a date either,” Youngjae chimed in matter-of-factly. “Who do you think it is? Himchan hyung? Or Yongguk hyung?”

 

She was with Himchan this morning so that leaves Yongguk,” Lucy noted aloud.

 

Well, there you go! That answers the million dollar question!” Youngjae applauded Lucy, who in turn glared at him.

 

That little !” Lucy smiled mischievously.

 

Daehyun glanced at Youngjae and sighed, shaking his head. “I guess that explains hyung's behavior earlier today...”

 

I think you're right, Dae,” Youngjae nodded in agreement.

 

Glancing from Daehyun to Youngjae, Lucy crossed her arms over her chest. “What the hell are you two talking about?” she demanded.

 

Both guys motioned for Lucy to settle into a comfortable chair as they both sat side by side facing her. They then proceeded to tell her the recap of what had transpired earlier at the studio.


A/N: Hello again! I finally updated! I'm so sorry for leaving you guys hanging! I've been so busy with work I didn't have much time to draft this chapter. Not to mention, I had to keep rewriting this just to get it right. It feels right but I'm still not satisfied with it. But as long as you guys are satisfied with it then that's fine with me. This is focused on Bang and Annie since there aren't a lot of moments with them. I hope you guys like it! ^^ Yeah as soon as I got home from work, my younger brother (who's Zelo's age >.<) guilt tripped me into watching Teen Wolf with him and even though I'm not a fan of the show I like the eye candy lol. So the time I could've used to update this chapter was used for spending quality time with my brother. Sighs... I love my siblings too much to say no lol.

Anyways, to those of you who subscribed to my stories and added me as a friend... Just so you're aware, there's no need to be shy with me. I'm a really outgoing and bubbly person... Come to think of it, believe it or not I actually clicked on your profiles and if you guys actually wrote stories I happened to actually read a few of them. So if anything, to those of you who read and subscribe to this story I actually feel honored because I've read some of your stories and enjoyed them. I actually hope you guys can take to updating them. I just want to return the favor since you guys are awesome writers too! :D Okay, I'll stop talking. >.<

P.S. Don't mind the minor errors!