The Date

It Just Happened

 

MinMin dressed up simply for their date. She checked her clothes, shoes, hair and makeup. She put a very light make-up with the famous red lipstick.

“Going somewhere?” Mrs. Alicia asked when she entered her room.

“Yeah. I already got permission from Dad.”

“Oh, okay. Take care then.”

“I’ll be going.” MinMin waved at Mrs. Alicia.

Joongie was already waiting for her outside their house. He opened the car’s passenger door for her to sit. He can’t stop himself from smiling, she was stunning pretty.

‘Deym! Can she stop being pretty? She’s killing me.’ He thought.

“Be home before 10 pm.” Bummie said before closing the gate.

“Are you the parent?” Joongie joked.

“I’m the guardian.” He smirked.

-----------------------

MinMin and Joongie stayed in a bench where the kids are all goofing around with their parents. They watched them closely and smiled to themselves. Wishing the kids won’t have a shattered family like them. The kids really look happy with their parents playing with them. A man in his 60’s is offering the families for a photograph for a dollar. Some didn’t like the idea, for good reason a family said yes to the man. They both smiled observing the family having a portrait of them own. They were somewhat jealous because their last family picture was taken when they were both kids. It was their treasure. They just wanted a normal family.

Joongie asked for the man’s service, he wants a picture with MinMin. He placed his hands over her and smiled in front of the camera. The man smiled when he saw their picture, he handed it to them with a smile. Joongie gave him money, but the man was giving him the change.

“Keep it. This photo is priceless. Just continue taking snaps of happy families.” He smiled to the man.

“Thank you young man. Be happy with your youth.” He smiled and left them.

He kept the picture in his pocket and didn’t let MinMin see it.

“I just wish those kids will grow up with their families.”

“They will be, if their parents are not selfish as my Mom.”

“I heard from Bummie that you don’t talk to your Mom. Are you still mad to her?”

“Not really, I just hate that she chose her boyfriend over me. I can’t be mad to the persons I love. I love my Mom. All this years she is the one who cares for me, I might dive her crazy from my naughty doings, I just want her to stop from working and get her from that .”

“So why don’t you talk to her? Tell her that you care for her.”

“I want her to stay with us longer. I know she won’t go unless I’ll go with her.”

“You’re lucky both of your parents care for you. I would die to see my Mom care for me like you’re Mom do. She is in New York right now, with a family of her own.”

“Joongie.”

“You should care for your Mom. She needs you right now. She even left work and her boyfriend just to see you again. Can you promise?”

“Just to see me? It would be nice if they can go back together.”

“That’s my wish for my parents too, but it is so impossible. You and your mother is possible.”

“This is so not like us.” MinMin smiled.

“Yeah. Promise you’ll talk to your Mom after.”

“Yeah, I’ll promise if you promise to try to get to know So Eun.”

“You and I seem to bring out the best from both of us.”

“Just like so.”

“Don’t you like it?”

“I like it.”

After a serious talk they ate their ice creams and played in the park. They watched some street performers and street magicians. They participated with some of the acts. MinMin enjoyed the street of Seoul like in Paris. For the first time in their life, they enjoyed an innocent and sweet date.

 

I love updates. HAHA. ENJOY GUYS!