Gone, Not Around Any Longer

Hello Cold World: Forever & Almost Always
Gone, Not Around Any Longer 

Walking on the road with an empty mind as tears keep flowing down. I can't breathe now that you're no longer here, I can't even stay because you aren't with me. I am slowly dying because you're not here anymore. I can't smile because you're no longer here. I hate seeing myself breakdown like a darkened flower, without you. I just keep saying it's painful, sad, alone; I fall asleep again crying.

You're gone… not around any longer

 

“You're asking me to find someone else but I can't; I don't want to.

 

 

 I don't think I know how to love anymore… I've been in grief for such a long time that the feeling of love just disappeared along with you Byunghee…

 

 

Are you still waiting for me? Because I am.

 

 

I know I haven't been around for a while and I'm sorry for that, but it doesn't mean that I forgot about you… You know it will never happen.”

 

 

 

Seonyul was now at the only place where she could find peace: by her lost lover's side.

 

She's been sitting next to his grave for the entire day, letting the hours slip one after the other.

 

Resting her head on the tombstone, she closes her eyes trying to figure out what she wanted under the chaos and confliction of her emotions.

 

 

 

“Byunghee-ah, you know that I miss you, right?

 

I'm still wearing the ring you gave me… Just not on my finger like were it's supposed to be. It's actually around my neck, see?

 

I don't know what to tell you anymore… You've been gone for so long, I could feel you slipping away for good and I can't seem to catch you. It's like this almost every night, only when he's not around…

 

You asked me to find someone new and I did. The problem is, he looks exactly like you. You never told me you had a twin…

 

Unless fate decided to be cruel and send me your doppelganger, because even with a twin, there's a difference that could be seen, but with him it's like he's the exact replica of you, just a little bit older…

 

 

And I feel guilty because I want him around, not because of who he is, but because he's like you… Well, almost. Physically, yes but the personality is different. He even calls me Dahlia…

 

I remember you choosing other wise because you told me that I was an angel; your angel, and not some kind of devil… But I guess after all those years, it turned out differently.

 

I guess I'm really a devil for selfishly keeping someone for the wrong reasons…

 

 

Tell me what to do… please.

 

 

I talked with my mom and she told me to move on and to let you go but you know I can't, I don't want to. You're the only one I love. You're the only one that I ever been with and I want it to stay that way because… Because I was the only one to you.

 

I can't love someone else, because the day you left me was the same day you took my heart with you. Where ever you are Byunghee, you still have it. You still have my heart and I don't want it back.

 

I'm not ready… Not yet

 

Don't make me forget you.”

 

 

By now, tears were streaming down her face. She still couldn't get over his death and she promised that never in her life will she ever let it go.

 

 

“Even though you're gone, I guess a part of me will always be waiting for you to come back, because even though I know it's time to move on, you now become somebody that I used to know, but you'll always remain as someone I never stopped loving…”

 
 
 
author's notes