The Past

Hello Cold World: Forever & Almost Always
The Past 
 
 

Not much has happened to Seonyul for the next month.

 

Since her semester was over, she had more free time than to her own liking.

 

Instead of going out and enjoy this free time, she would be working part-time at the bookstore. Being an only child could be kind of lonely and thus, she would have thoughts only for herself.

 

Thoughts about him and the past;

 

Thoughts about her first love and his sudden disappearance;

 

Thoughts about how broken she was after he left without a trace

 

Thoughts about how his possible death drove her mad.

 

She is still broken; she was never able to love anyone else like she loved him and now he was back.

 

He was back into her life.

 

That one night changed everything.

 

She would still dream about their last day together before he left or even about how they met over 10 years ago. He was really back, but to her eyes, he seemed different. He doesn't even seem to remember her. What happened to him? Only he knows. She promises to do everything in her power to found out. She needed to, if she ever wanted to stay as sane as she was at the moment.

 

She remembers lovingly calling out his name when they were together that night, one month ago.

 

She remembers how safe she felt in his arms while making love to him.

 

She remembers how painful it was to leave him and to not be able to give him her name, hoping he would respond.

 

She knew it was only a one nightstand, but deep inside, she was hoping for something more meaningful; something she has lost wishing to get it back.

 

If she only knew what Fate had in store for her.

 

 

On the other hand, G.O lived a more hectic life: being part of the Seoul underground will do that to you. Nonetheless, he seemed to have gone back to his usual clubbing nights that were not that satisfactory ever since he met Seonyul. Despite being with so many women, Seonyul was the only one that brought feelings into that night even though she wasn't suppose to. He wasn't drunk, so he clearly remembers every moment that happened and how delicate and elegant she seemed to be. The way she said his name, even though he never mentioned it to her before, made him shiver.

 

Even today, whenever he thinks or dreams about her, he would still feel her touch lingering on his skin.

 

But that was not all.

 

He swore to himself that they have never met before, but ever since they got together, weird flashbacks came to haunt him and in every one of them was her: Seonyul, the mystery woman he barely got to knew.

 

He didn't even know her name.

 

It was messing with his mind. Even on the nights he spent with other women, he would only call her out by the name he secretly gave her: Dahlia.

 

My sweet delicate Dahlia

My sweet little devil

 

 
 
 
author's notes