Don't Go

Hello Cold World: Forever & Almost Always
Don't Go 
So you'll be mine, forever & almost always and I'll be fine, Just love me when you can, and I'll wait patiently; I'll wake up everyday just hoping that you still care
 

Twenty-four hours ago, G.O rushed Seonyul to the hospital, determined to save her. Right now, he was holding her hand between his, bringing them up to his forehead as he silently waits for her to wake up.

 

 

He spent half the day sitting in that chair next to her, praying for her to wake up.

 

He spent the other half around an angry father.

 

 

After helping with his wounded shoulder, Seonyul's father waited for an explanation coming from someone he thought was dead a long time ago. From then on, G.O explained everything.

 

From the very beginning up until a few hours ago.

 

 

While G.O was waiting next to his love, her parents were out in the hall along with their old friend and the rest of MBLAQ. Tension was filled in the air as they were waiting in silence.

 

Not being able to keep his anger to himself anymore, the father got up and went straight to Ji-Hoon, who was leaning against a wall, and punched him right in his face making him stumble and fall to the ground. Leaving him on the floor, he leaned down and grabbed him by his collar, hitting him once again.

 

“Do you know in what hell you put her through?! How could you do this?!”

 

The MBLAQ members quickly got out of their seats and tried to separate them and succeeded after a lot of difficulty.

 

Hearing the loud voices outside, G.O got out of his chair and furiously walked out to see what was going on. Leaving the room, he saw Seonyul's father and his uncle held up by his friends as the father tried to get out of their grip wanting to hit Ji-Hoon again.

 

“What the hell is going on?!”

 

“Sorry… We were just stopping them from -”

 

“I don't care! Can you just STOP? I'm already on the edge here and I can't deal with more than I already am!”

 

Without letting anybody respond, he went back inside the room and sat back in the chair holding onto Seonyul's cold hand, just like a few seconds ago.

 

He took a deep breath, anger leaving him as it was replaced by despair begging for her to wake up.

 

“Baby, I'm waiting for you to wake up so we could spend the rest of our lives together. I love you so much Seonyul-ah, my dear Dahlia, my fallen angel. My heart is hurting seeing you in pain. Let me be the one to help you. Let me be the one to make you smile. Let me love you like I'm suppose to. Open your heart to me and let your worries escape because I'm here, right by your side. I'll protect you because you're my princess. I'll hold you because you need warmth. I'll love you because I simply do… My heart is yours. My heart beats for only you.”

 

He places a kiss on her lips and slowly pulls back as he sits back on the chair.

 

Looking at her, he could feel her hands lightly moving, taking him by surprise. He waited a couple more seconds to see if he wasn't imagining it.

 

He looked up and saw her eyes slowly opening, having her look up at the ceiling until he sigh his relief and spoke out. “Hey…”

 

Seonyul turns her head to the side and sees a sick and pale looking G.O.

 

She coughs asking for water and sees him rushing to get a glass only to comeback barely within a second. He places the cup on the counter and helps her adjust her position so her back would lean on a pillow. He takes the cup and helps her drink the water from it. He puts it back to the counter and holds her hand again as he tucks her hair behind her ear.

 

“How are you feeling?”

 

“Hurt… I feel like my body is burning.”

 

“I'll go get the doctor.”

 

He gets up, walks out to the hall calling out for her father and comes back in with him behind. Seonyul looks back at G.O and then at the doctor behind him with a surprised look.

 

“Dad?”

 

“Yes sweetheart, how are you feeling?”

 

“Like I'm dying… My body hurts.”

 

“It's normal, you were beat up pretty good.”

 

“I'm… Sorry”

 

“Why are you apologizing? It's not your fault.” The doctor came closer as he placed his hand on her head, lightly her hair while showing his fatherly smile to his daughter.

 

G.O was standing behind while he waited for her father to finish his check up.

 

Ten minutes later, he was done and assured her that she was fine and that her bruises would slowly heal as well as her cuts that would, unfortunately, probably leave a scar. As he was done, Seonyul asked him if he could leave so she could talk to G.O alone.

 

With the door closed, she looked at the boy as he walked towards her, taking his place back on the chair. He gently cups her cheek and places a kiss on her forehead.

 

“I'm sorry it took me three days to find you. I didn't know you were gone until yesterday.”

 

“It's okay. At least you came.” She smiled against his touch, not breaking the eye contact they had. “Still.. If I had ran after you, non of this would’ve happened -”

 

She cuts his off as she placed her hand that was on her cheek above his. “Don't blame yourself, please. I don't, so you shouldn't.” He dropped his head and pulled away from her face, letting a deep sigh escape his lips. He looked back up with a sad expression flashing across his eyes as he went back to hold her hand in between his. “I missed you…”

 

Hearing him say these words made her think about her dream, about her past and about her future. She looks at his hands holding hers and noticed that he was wearing a ring.

 

She looks back at him, confused. “Wh-where did you g-get that ring from?”

 

“Ji-Hoon gave it to me when I found yours.”

 

Hidden under his shirt, he takes out the necklace and shows the damaged ring.

 

She takes it from his hand and carefully looks at it with a pained expression. She tightly closes her hand, with the necklace still in her palm and takes a deep breath.

 

She lets go of the necklace by placing it back around his neck and places her hand on his cheek while grazing his skin with her thumb. He leans in and kisses her palm, not breaking his gaze from her.

 

Though she was confused about her feelings and about her dream, all she wanted right now was to be in his arms and just feel the comfort she longed for. From his cheek, she pulled his arm by his shirt, making get up from his chair, not knowing what to do.

 

“Just for now… Can you hold me, please?”

 

He got up on the bed, careful with his wound, and placed his arms around her as she leaned in against his chest, feeling his heartbeat's quicken pace. She intertwined her fingers with his and she could feel the same warmth she felt from her dream, from when Byunghee was holding her hand but also from when G.O was the one holding onto her.

 

For a moment they stood in silence with doing nothing else but stay close to each other. With a small kiss on the top of her head, he tightens his hold around her and breathes in.

 

“I know that you're still holding onto what you said three days ago, but I still meant what I said to you and I'm still holding onto that promise I made to you four months ago… I don't want to let you go because I hate to leave you alone. I can't stand the fact that I won't be able to hold you in my arms anymore, because that's where you belong. My heart beats only for you babe. Past, present and future, my heart is yours. I know I haven't always been by your side, but I'll forever be yours.”

 

Turning her head to the side, he gently lifts it up by her chin and kisses her with a soft peck only to pull away with that same saddened expression. It was already hard on him not having her respond to his feelings but it was harder to let her go and having to go back to a life he doesn't want anymore.

 

She could feel his heart breaking at his words as she felt a tight knot in her stomach.

 

She felt guilty for making him become like this but it didn't stop her from wanting to back away from all of this and figuring out what she wanted and what she needed.

 

“I never made things fair to you and I'm really sorry for that… G.O, I know you hate me for this, but -”

 

“I don't hate you.”

 

“I just need to figure things out...”

 

“I know… But just know something. I'll wait for you. No matter how long it will take, I'll wait for you. You're the only one for me and I know we're meant to be, because if we weren't then we would have never cross path again… I know I'm not him anymore, but it's all in the past. I'll wait for you so we can have a future together. I'll give you the happily ever after you deserve, because you're my princess, the love of my life, the only woman I was meant to live for. I'm so in love with you…” He leans in again to kiss her with more passion as his arm that was placed around her pushes it against his body for warmth.

 

Once he pulls away, he could feel a knot forming in the pit of his stomach as early tears were threatening to fall. “I don't want to relive the life I had those past five years, because the months I had you by my side are the ones that made me realize that this is what I needed.”

 

Looking at him, she leans back to him and places a kiss on his lightly quivering lips, a sweet kiss that he responds too, once again, as he let's a tear fall down on his cheek and sets down on hers.

 
 
 
author's notes