I Know Your Name, Hopeless Love

Hello Cold World: Forever & Almost Always
I Know Your Name, Hopeless Love 
September 2012
 

The next morning, G.O woke up alone from Seonyul's bed. He quickly put some clothes on and went downstairs thinking that she would be in the kitchen preparing some breakfast. Stepping into the room, he doesn't see her, but instead sees a little note written by her telling him that she'll be back in a little bit and this, without mentioning where she went.

 

He goes back upstairs and takes a quick shower and later, goes back to the kitchen to prepare something to eat. After he ate and cleaned up, he took this opportunity to wonder around the house since he never really took the time to look at it since he spent most of his time in her bedroom.

 

He walks from room to room and ends up in the solarium where he sees many plants and other flowers by the windows making the room look much more brighter with the sun coming in.

 

He then pays his attention to the dozens and dozens of pink-reddish flowers all entangled into each other. He takes a closer look and admires them for a while as he realizes what those flowers were.

 

Camellias.

 

They looked beautiful as they were shinning from the sun. As he gently one of them, sudden images were filling his mind giving him a slight headache.

 

He painfully walked over the couch and buried his head in his hands letting a groan out. This went one for a couple of minutes until he barely felt his headache anymore.

 

He looked back at the flowers and thought about what just happened and about those flashbacks he just had.

 

There she was again. Dahlia. She looked a little bit younger this time. He saw her with a piece of flower in her hair and she was smiling.

 

She looked really happy…’

 

He gets up and goes up to her room. Once he's there, he lies in bed, he looks up at the ceiling and thinks back at her and at all the visions he's been having. He was starting to get irritated since he knew that something was missing and he needed answers.

 

He gets up from bed and looks around the room. His eyes land on her desk and as he walks to it, he sees random papers and schoolbooks lying around while he searches for something that might help him getting out of this misery.

 

He quickly looks through the drawers and finds something that caught his eyes. It was something that looked like a diary. He wasn't sure since it looked all messed up. He hesitated about if he should open it or not and when he was about to, he saw a picture.

 

He placed the diary back on the desk and picked up the picture. It was a picture of them, of him and her. ‘But how?

 

He noticed that she had a flower in her hair, the same one he just saw downstairs. She was holding onto his waist when the him in the photo seemed to have taken the couple shot. He dropped the picture on the desk shocked at what he just saw. 

 

It's impossible… right? How the hell does she have a picture of us when we only met three months ago?

 

He continues going through her stuff as he picked up several journals lying on her bookshelf. They all looked stuffed and old, a complete mess.

 

Opening them, he saw some old pictures, some depressing poems and some drabbles. He carefully skipped through the pages trying to find the answers to his questions. He finally lands on a page that was stained with dry blood, eating almost half of the words.

 

What the hell… Why is there dried blood?

 

He starts reading it, struggling to completely understand what was written. After going through it more than five times, he was able to make out words such as deadalonerehabByungheeforevereternity and what seems like her name, Seonyul.

 

But what got him alarmed was this sentence. “Just let me die in peace.”

 

He was finally able to caught on, on what was going on through her head. Through the journal, he looks up at the years those pages were written. 2009… 2010… 2011…

 

Oh Seonyul… what happened to you?

 

So many thoughts ran through his mind.

 

He was more confused than before and it only made his mood worse. Not only because he didn't get much help but because she was going through something bigger than he thought.

 

As he was closing her journal, he heard something fall off the ground. Looking up he saw Seonyul standing at the door with her phone on the floor, as she was looking at him, completely furious.

 

“What the hell are you doing?”

 

“I-I-I'm sorry-“

 

“Where you going through my stuff?”

 

“Yes-No, I mean I-“

 

“GET OUT!”

 

“Wait, listen to me, I can explain-“

 

“WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE GOING THROUGH MY PERSONNAL THINGS? MY PERSONNAL STUFF! GET OUT NOW!”

 

“YAH!”

 

“Don't YAH me! You're the one being rude! I never allowed to do this!”

 

“LET ME EXPLAIN!”

 

“NO!”

 

“Please-“

 

“G.O. I don't want to hear it. You had no right to do what you just did.” Her voice cracked as she felt the sudden tears coming straight up along with a sudden throb inside her heart. Placing the journal on her desk, he makes his way to her trying to make her understand what he just did.

 

“Please, listen to me-“

 

“I told you, I don't want to hear it… Please, get out.”

 

“I was just trying to understand-“

 

“Please.”

 

He gives up and by the time he was in the hallway, he turned around and saw Seonyul in front of her desk grazing the cover of her old journal, silently crying. He sadly looks at her as she tightly hugs her journal close to her chest, letting her tears fall.

 

Before making his way downstairs to leave, he whispers his last apology and walks out.

 

“I'm sorry Seonyul-ah…”

 

He was out of sight when she turned around with a shocked expression on her face.

 

He finally knew her name and that only made her cry more as she fell on the floor crying her pain away. She looked at the picture that was on the floor and a rush of memories came through.

 

She grazes on his face as she remembers the day this picture was taken. Forgetting the fight that just happened, all she could feel right at this moment was grief and all she needed at this moment was to be in his embrace, whispering to her and assuring her that everything is and will be okay.

 

 

“Please, comeback to me Byunghee… I need you”

 

 

Back at the mansion, G.O furiously makes his way to his room, loudly shutting the door.  He was too upset to properly think at the moment. He wasn't only mad at her but at how the situation turned out to be.

 

He wanted to help her open up more but he feels like he made her shut herself up even more. He was also mad at himself for doing something that would clearly ruin his relationship with her. Adding the fact that he was angry, he was completely lost at what to do and at what he found out.

 

He was more stressed out and needed some relief and the only way was to drink.

 

He was going to drink his worries away.

 

Feeling stuck inside his own room, he grabs his keys and quickly leaves the house but not without bumping into Seungho.

 

“Where are you going?”

 

“Out.”

 

Not satisfied with the answer, he grabs onto the younger one’s arm, making him stop in his track. “What's wrong?”

 

“Nothing.”

 

“Byunghee, what is wrong?”

 

“Nothing. I just need some air. Now let go before I twist your arm.”

 

G.O pulls his arm away from Seungho's grip and walks out. He heads to his car and hurriedly drives away.

 

It was too early to go to the club so he decides go somewhere else and just within a few minutes, he finds himself sitting at the counter inside a half empty bar.

 

He orders a couple of drinks and slips each one of them down his throat.

 

Still moody, he didn't stop drinking nor was he getting drunk while just sitting there and doing nothing were boring him. He kept thinking about her over and over again.

 

About what he just read in her journal earlier today; about the first time he met her at the club; about their first night together or their first fight. His blood was boiling just thinking about those sleepless nights he spent with her in bed, whether it was for comfort or for pleasure.

 

He loved having her in his arm, just holding her while smelling that sweet vanilla scent. He loved the way she was calling out his name when he was making love to her or just when she would simply say it to ask him for something.

 

He simply just loves the way she is.

 

But there was only one thing that was missing.

 

Her love.

 

She didn't love him.

 

He curses himself for falling for someone he could never have and it was almost eating him alive. A silent tear falls on his cheek as he remembers her endlessly crying and seeing her in pain. It hurt him to see her like this, but it hurt more since he was the cause of this.

 

Now, he had no way of fixing this relationship and it only made him more miserable. He wanted her so bad. He wanted to feel her cold skin against his touch again, warming it up; he wanted to feel those soft lips against his; he wanted to look at those black eyes that were yelling out to him to just hold her and drive her fears away.

 

He missed her.

 

He missed just simply being around her and looking at her. And now, he lost everything. He wasn't able to keep his promise and he felt guilty.

 

It was dark outside and he decided to leave the bar to go somewhere else. He sits in his car and not knowing where to go, he wanders in the empty streets. After about an hour, he's in front of a club, the same one where he met her for the second time; the night where he found her crying for the first time.

 

He goes in and walks to his usual VIP spot and looks around. The place was filled with people drinking and grinding against each other. He gets his drinks and watches the dance floor hoping to have something to gaze at.

 

And finally, he found what he was looking for. Right there, a young woman was giving him a seductive look. She was dancing with her friends, not breaking her gaze from him.

 

Temptation. Lust. Desire

 

He his lips and gets up from his seat, walking towards the stranger. On his way, he runs into his other MBLAQ members as they blocked his way. “What are you doing here?”

 

“Hmm… To check how the business is doing…”

 

“It's doing just fine. You can leave now.”

 

“Are you okay?”

 

“I'm fine, now get out of the way, I have some business to attend too-“

 

“And what kind of business would it be?” The stern tone in Seungho’s voice caught everybody’s attention as he eyed G.O out.

 

“No need to know.”

 

“Yes, I do. What is wrong with you? Did something happen with her?”

 

“Pfft, what would make you think that?”

 

“Drunk?” The quiet one of the five, Cheondung, leaned closer towards Seungho, trying to make an assumption about the weird way he was acting.

 

“Looks like it… Look, don't ruin it G.O.”

 

“Why would you care if I ruin it or not?”

 

“You're my brother, of course I care-“

 

“Well don't. I'm done with her. She makes me miserable.”

 

“Byunghee-“

 

He leaves them hanging and heads towards the stranger, where he spots her against the wall, still looking at him with lust written all over her.

 

After a few steps, he founds himself in front of her, leaning his forearm on the wall above her head and looks at her up and down. He his lips, signaling some kind of invitation and without a word, she went straight for the kiss.

 

It was a sloppy and lustful kiss.

 

He grabs the woman by her hips and pushes her further against the wall, pushing himself towards her and earning a moan. He smirks and breaks the kiss, looking at the visible cleavage that was showing from her short dress and gulps at that sight.

 

His senses were all over the place and all he wanted right now was to taste her. He needed to let all that build up stress out and what a better way than to enjoy some company. He takes her by the hand and leads her in the back of the club.

 

This move doesn't go unnoticed, as Seungho and the rest of the boys watch their friend.

 

When they officially met Seonyul, they knew that G.O had some feelings for her; it was kind of obvious only, not so much to her.

 

Especially for Seungho, who knew the deal between them, he was worried for him.

 

He leaves the others, saying that he'll take care of it and leaves them but instead they follow him behind to the back of the club.

 

 
 
 
author's notes