Love Tension

Hello Cold World: Forever & Almost Always
Love Tension 
September 2012
 

One month passed since G.O opened up about his feelings.

 

One month passed since he admitted he had feelings for her.

 

 

His sweet & delicate Dahlia.

 

 

Meeting her at the club, three months ago changed his life in more ways than one.

 

Despite all the interruptions they've been through since their first fight, they got closer.

 

During those outbursts she was having, he was there to comfort her, but when he wasn't, he would feel guilty because she was alone in that big house of hers.

 

He compensated by spending more time at her place than he did in his own house.

 

Whenever he finished whatever he was doing, no matter at what time during the day or night, he would always end up at her place.

 

He ended up being there everyday. 

 

Her parents were barely home, so they didn't get to witness this new type of life their daughter was living. This detail didn't stop the two lovers from going on with whatever relationship they were in and that's where there was a big question mark.

 

When he first met her, there was only lust filled in his eyes. He was deeply attracted to her and he wanted to enjoy a pleasurable night like he usual does but when it came to her, it was different. For as long as he could remember, he never experienced this kind of feeling, where physical attraction wasn't enough.

 

Something in his heart was pulling him closer to her. As much as he was enjoying his time with her, he wanted more but couldn't do it. He knew that not only her heart was already broken, but his might as well be.

 

When she repeatedly spoke those 3 words on that night, he knew that it wasn't meant to him but to someone else and cursed who ever stole her heart, because that same person was the one that broke it and drove her to that state.

 

Nobody else deserves her but him.

 

He doesn't want anybody else but her.

 

That's what was running through his mind. He somehow felt that he was meant to be with her despite the way he was brought up to her. He promised that he would fix her and he plans on keeping his word, no matter what it took.

 

An innocent and fragile being was on the verge of insanity, once again, and he wouldn't be able to cope with the main reason if he knew what it was and he wanted to know.

 

Even though they were close, she was yet a stranger to him. She hasn't opened up that much.

 

He still doesn’t know her name.

 

That's the missing factor to this twisted relationship. Even thought they have been intimate many times, nothing seemed really personal because her name was missing to his soft voice.

 

Only calling her Dahlia wasn't enough. He gave her that nickname because it represented what he was seeing in her, a fallen angel.

 

The simple reason why he didn't know? She doesn't want to give it to him. She refused to let him know, because to her, hearing her name coming from his voice would be deadly.

 

She could still hear in her sleep the way her first love would say her name. She could still feel how he tenderly called out her name whenever she was around. It was long ago and yet, she wasn't ready to let someone else call her name, especially not him.

 

She missed him deeply and having G.O around wasn't really helping. A part of her wanted him around while the other wanted him out of her life so she could properly move on. But either way, it wouldn't have worked out.

 

Five years have gone by and she still felt like she disappointed her first love.

 

Byunghee.

 

That was his name.

 

He was the exact replica of G.O, practically a twin or even that doppelganger non-sense.

 

That's what she wanted to believe but deep in her heart she knew it was him, she could feel it. His voice while he spoke or sang to her was the factor that convinced her he was back. But the only problem was why he couldn't remember her.

 

The love of his life.

 

Something must have happened if he forgot about me.’

 

That's maybe the reason why she keeps G.O around, to make him remember her. The one who claimed to be by her side for eternity turned out to be the opposite person. His touch on her skin was different, the look in his eyes made him look tired and sometimes cold. His personality, overall, wasn't what she recalled from her dear love, once upon a time.

 

She remembered the day she first met G.O, three month ago. She just spent the entire day at the cemetery with her favorite book in hand, sitting in front of a gravestone and reading out loud.

 

To who? To him.

 

The main reason why she was there? It was Byunghee's death anniversary and to celebrate she would be reading his favorite book: The Lady of the Camellias.

 

This would happen every year. She would come early in the morning with the same book, sitting right in front of the gravestone and would start reading the whole novel. She would be reading to him and only him.

 

At that moment nothing mattered.

 

Alive or dead, she would always spare time for him.

 

Even if it was raining, she would be sitting on the wet grass and read that same old book, with two umbrellas: one by her side and the other one over him. And on those days, she would think that her angel was crying as she would look up and say “it hurts too Byunghee-ah, but I still love youForever & always.”

 

She would visit him at least 10 times per year.

 

Each of those times would represent a different occasion. Birthdays, Christmas, Valentine's Day, the first time they met, the day they officially became a couple and it goes on. She would always have a reason to go to him and spend a whole day just sitting and every time she would come, she would leave flowers in front of his tombstone.

 

Those flowers would be camellias.

 

Like how he used to call her.

 

 

She was broken and nobody could fix her. Nobody but him would have been capable of fixing her.

 

But he was gone.

 

She would be forever in that dark place where she would pretend he was asleep and would wake up sooner or later.

 

She was out of her mind.

 

Seeing G.O, she almost thought that he came back from the dead just to be with her again.

 

That's how insane she was.

 

Her parents feared for the health of their only daughter, as they didn't know what to do. She needed help, but how? The only person that was able to make her smile and cheerful was gone. Unlike Seonyul, they knew how he disappeared and felt guilty at the outcome of the present situation. They were mainly part of the reason of his death and couldn't find it in their hearts to tell their daughter. If they did, who knows what she would do… She almost took her life, twice, and telling her this would make Death take her away from them.

 

 

By now Seonyul met G.O's friends.

 

They were back at the club, drinking and dancing when she came across Seungho, the leader of their so-called group MBLAQ. After that, G.O presented her to the rest of the boys, including two women who were their leader's and youngest girlfriend.

 

He realized that he still didn't know her name and he didn't want his friends to call her by the name he gave her so another name he chose was Mina. Seungho, knowing the current situation his friend was in, went along.

 

They spent the whole night chatting about random things and by the end of the night, she grew to like them, as they seemed friendly and fun to hang out with.

 

While she was getting to know the others, G.O couldn't stop looking at her.

 

For the first time, in a long time, he saw her smile and laugh as she was listening to some funny stories that each of his brothers experienced, and this, without even mentioning what he, or they, did for a living. It looked like all her worries were gone, but only for that moment.

 

He admits being selfish when it came to her and her identity, but his job was part of his identity and hiding it from her was like hiding a part of him. He barely remembers how he became who he is but one thing is for sure, he was thankful to the person who saved his life four years ago.

 

Without this hero, he probably would've been dead.

 

He's glad to be alive because if he wasn't he wouldn't have met her.

 

That fallen angel, who needs care more than anything in the world right now, was in his arms.

 

But even so, he wasn't feeling her.

 

Something was missing and that something was her heart. He wanted to change that. He wanted her to open herself to him so he can fix her. She knew this. She knew what he was doing. The only problem was that she didn't allow it to happen. She refused to let him in. Despite all the comfort he brought whenever she was having one of her episodes, she didn't want to let someone take the place that belonged to someone else.

 

She was selfish and stubborn when it came to her heart and she didn't care. Nobody would steal what she safely kept. Not even him.

 

But this small part of her wanted him like she wanted her first love.

 

She refused to listen to this voice telling her to give in and to let this man in her heart.

 

This thing was, this voice wasn't hers, it was his. She knew that if she ever let G.O in, she'll have to let go of Byunghee and she wasn't ready for that.

 

Still, after five years, she was afraid to let him go. She still hasn't put his things away as she still kept his shirts, wearing them from time to time; she still wears that ring around her neck, praying to her guardian angel to come back to her while hoping that this agony was just part of her nightmare and that she'll wake up in his embrace.

 

 

After she met the others, G.O drove Seonyul back to her house and spent another night together, wrapped up in their bed covers.

 

But this time nothing happened.

 

It wasn't the first time; it was just one of those nights when all they wanted was to be next to each other, and dream.

 

Dreaming about him while he would be dreaming about her.

 

 

This is their twisted relationship.

 

He was desperate to feel her love but knew that he had to be patient.

 

 
 
 
author's notes