Calm Before the Storm

Hello Cold World: Forever & Almost Always
Calm Before the Storm 
 
 

They spent the rest of the afternoon and all night holding each other, not letting go.

 

They were in their own world, safe from the cold outside.

 

They were both asleep until someone's phone started buzzing.

 

It awoke the lady from her deep sleep, as she reached for her bag on the floor and grabbed her phone, once she found it. She looked at it and saw that it was her daily alarm that told her it was time to wake up and time to prepare for school.

 

She reluctantly got up from bed and before she was able to put her feet on the ground, she felt something pulling her backwards. She looked back and saw that her lover was holding onto her wrist.

 

She smiled at him and went back into his arms, kissing him on the cheek.

 

“Where do you think you're going?~”

 

“I have school later.”

 

“You can always skip class and stay here, with me”

 

“I'd love too, but I never missed one class and I'm not about to start. Plus, my finals are coming up so I really need to go”

 

“Yah~ What am I going to do without you?”

 

“You… could… come with me?”

 

“It does sound tempting~”

 

He brought her closer as he wrapped his arm around her and kissed her on her forehead and then on her lips. As he kept his lips on hers, they heard the door knocking which he responded with a grunt and cursed at the person who burst their little bubble.

 

He got up, put his sweatpants on and left Seonyul in bed, covering her with the bed sheets.

 

He opened the door to see his leader standing with his hands in his pockets and an unpleasant look on his face.

 

“Good morning”

 

“I see that you're feeling better.”

 

“Yeah, thanks…”

 

“Don't need to thank me.”

 

“What brings you here?”

 

“Is she still here?”

 

“Mhmm, why? Is it about the job?”

 

“Yes… Just meet me in my office, when you're done.”

 

Seungho left as G.O closed his door and walked back to bed where he saw Seonyul sitting up and looking at him with a curious expression on her face. He sat down with his back facing her, placing his head in his hands and ruffled his hair as he took a deep breath.

 

“Is everything okay?”

 

“I guess.”

 

“Your job?”

 

“Yea.”

 

She found herself on her knees, facing his back and placed her hands on his shoulders as she slowly started to give him a massage. He let his head fall back as he felt her hands soothing him and let a smile out of his lips.

 

“I don't know what is going on, but you're all tense. Just relax~”

 

She lightly bites his earlobe, earning a soft moan from him as he could feel himself relax.

 

She finishes it off, by giving him a back hug with a quick kiss on his cheek and gets out of bed. She picks up her clothes and walks to the bathroom, closing the door behind her.

 

He hasn't moved yet, thinking about what she just said. He remembers that she doesn't know what he does for a living and he feels like it has to stay that way. ‘She doesn't need to know… Not now anyway…

 

He promised himself that he would protect her from his world and let her stay away as far as possible from this. He lost a lot of people since he joined in and just doesn't want to have someone else filling a whole in the ground.

 

Soon later, she came back, fully clothed, picked up her stuff and stood in front of G.O who still hasn't moved from the bed. She gets down on her knees with her hands on his knees, between his legs, and looks up at him with a small smile on her face as he looks at her and cups her cheeks, lightly kissing her lips.

 

“I'll see you later?”

 

“Sure”

 

“Give me a call. I'll let you know when I finish today, okay?”

 

“Why don't you stay in bed? I'm sure it won't take long”

 

“Yah~ I already told you that I have to go to class.”

 

The moment she gets up, G.O grabs her hand, which made her fall on him as he fell backwards, the mattress hitting his back. They both laughed at this before Seonyul tried to get up but was prevented to do so with G.O tightly wrapping his arms around her waist.

 

“You were going to leave me with this?”

 

She didn't know what he meant until she felt something poking her pelvis. She blushed as she realized what happened and tried to get out from his grip.

 

He chuckled and told her he won't let her go unless she « fixes » it.

 

“Can you do it yourself? I'm going to be late~”

 

“I don't want to do it. I want you to do it”

 

“Oh boy, what am I going to do with you?”

 

 

She was now at school while G.O, with the rest of MBLAQ, were in Seungho's office.

 

The leader wanted to be on the lookout in case they were to be attacked by their enemies.

 

Especially with what he saw yesterday, he wasn't sure whom to trust anymore. He heard some news from some of his men saying that SM was preparing something fishy.

 

There weren't any more details, since they couldn't obtain any more information from the spies they captured from that same enemy camp. He warned the others to stay on guard and to be extremely careful. He knew that SM wanted to destroy their high boss so he could gain more power and this by eliminating every person that stood in his way.

 

He was a dangerous man and was capable of anything. Even though he was part of one of the three biggest underground gangsters, it wasn't enough. He had to be the only one. He had to be the only one with control and he would stop at nothing to obtain what he wants.

 

This what scared MBLAQ's leader. He trusted his men and had faith in his boss, who trusted his old mentor, but it didn't stop him from worrying from time to time when it came to his family's life hanging by a thread every day.

 

After the meeting, they all left as he found himself alone for a little bit.

 

Afterwards, he went back to his room where he found his fiancé, sleeping peacefully.

 

From all the evil things that existed in this world she was one of the good thing that came. Besides his brothers, he would be willing to sacrifice his life for her.

 

He met her during one of his mission and thankfully they were on the same side.

 

They were together for at least two years as everything was going just fine between them until he almost lost her in an explosion. Seeing her lying in a hospital bed, he couldn't stop blaming himself for not being able to protect her.

 

Still on this day, he would feel guilt even though she told him to let it go since she didn't blame him at all. He swore on his life that he would do anything to protect her, even though she was on the same field as him, it worried him that one day she wouldn't be by his side anymore.

 

He loved her that much.

 

He proposed to her by giving her his mother's ring, the one she gave him before she died. She made him promise to give it to someone worthy of his love and heart. He wore this ring around his neck and the day he finally met his love, he knew that she would be wearing that ring. He couldn't deny what he was feeling for her and luckily she felt the same.

 

He untied his tie as he walked to his bed. He took it off, along with his shoes and laid down, carefully wrapping his arms around his sleeping beauty and placed his hand on her stomach, the small tummy she had from carrying his child.

 

He sensed that she was waking up and kissed her on her cheek earning a smile from his beloved.

 

“Good morning~”

 

She kissed him back which made him smile wider, seeing that she wasn't holding back despite her condition.

 

“Fei, babe, careful, you don't want to squash our baby, do you?”

 

“I missed you.”

 

“I know. How is our little one?”

 

“Fine. She missed her daddy though”

 

“Really?”

 

He kept her stomach and placed a kiss as he whispered some words making Fei giggle from her boyfriend's cuteness.

 

“Why are you bothering mommy so much, little princess?”

 

“Yah~ You really think she can hear you?”

 

“Of course! Why wouldn't she?”

 

“Oh baby, look at what you're daddy has become!”

 

“How about we make another one?” The smirk across his face along with the suggestive tone in his voice only made her laugh, not thinking that he might have been serious.

 

“Are you crazy?”

 

“Come on, she could use a sibling, don't you think?”

 

“Let's wait for her to be born and maybe in a couple of years”

 

“Please~”

 

He slowly grazes her thigh to her hip as he hungrily kisses her on her lips and goes straight to her neck, nibbling on her skin to leave a mark. Resistant at first, she finally gives up and lets out a soft moan as she felt his touch on her hot skin, earning another smirk from him.

 

 

By now, Seonyul was done with school.

 

G.O sent her a text earlier telling her he would pick her up when she's done.

 

She got out and waited for him to arrive in front of the gates and while she was waiting, someone was carefully watching her.

 

Sunglasses, black suit and an evil smirk, the young man was observing her and contemplating on when would be a good time to put his plan into action. He earlier called his other partners to prepare what they were going to do and to make sure that everything was in place.

 

On the other hand, G.O called Seonyul to let her know that he was on his way. In the meantime, she took this chance to go to the coffee shop that was on the other side of the street and order herself something to drink.

 

After she ordered her drink and left the place, she bumped into some strangers on the street and apologized for her clumsiness.

 

What she didn't notice was that one of them purposely dropped his wallet on the floor and hurriedly walked away. As she stepped on it, she picked it up and was about to give it back when they were almost out of sight.

 

Thinking that she could catch up to them, she ran towards the stranger until she the corner of the street and roughly got pulled over to a wall, dropping the wallet along with her drink. She felt someone tightly holding onto her from the back with a hand over as she struggled to get out of this grip.

 

The holder violently shook her while telling her to shut up if she wanted to stay alive. She started to panic, not knowing what to do as she was still struggling to get out of where ever she was.

 

The man that was holding her was really strong as she felt him crushing her the more he tighten his embrace over her, making sure she wouldn't be able to escape. She was pulled in an alley so nobody knew what was going on.

 

“Calm down if you don't want me to snap your neck.”

 

She was now terrified.

 

She didn't understand why she ended up in this, but she needed to get away as fast as possible. She tried for one last time to get out of his grip by biting into his hand that was still covering and by stepping on both his foot.

 

The action took him by surprise, which made him push her and that's how she ran for it.

 

She finally got out and ran towards her school.

 

While running, she didn't pay attention to the man that was running after her neither was she paying attention to what was in front of her, until she got almost run over by a car. She quickly dodges the car and didn't stop running until she heard someone yelling her name.

 

She stopped to look around and spotted G.O further down from the street while getting out from his car. She runs towards him and jumps on him by wrapping her arms around his neck, making him stumble back a little. He looks up from where she was running and saw one of them.

 

Seeing that she was able to escape, the kidnapper cursed under his breath and left. He couldn't do anything, especially not in public. He would get scolded by his boss and make him regret he ever lived. His boss thought she would be a good target since some of his men saw her hanging out with the MBLAQ boys a couple of months ago and saw the way G.O and the girl were intimate towards each other.

 

“She's a good target. We'll need her if we want to destroy that boss of theirs.”

 

Now that she was safe, they had to create another plan in order to satisfy his boss from the failure he just encountered.

 

On the other side, G.O was still holding Seonyul in his arms. She started to cry the moment she found him. She didn't have to say anything to understand that she was in trouble. He calmly her hair, kissing the top of her head while saying that she was now safe and that everything was okay.

 

“Let me take you to my place.”

 

He made her sit in his car as she dried her tears while she was still shaking from the previous event. He quickly walked to his driver seat and drove away. He was holding her hand during the ride to his house, not saying a word to each other knowing that she will crack if he speaks up about what just happened.

 

He parked in the drive way, got out of the car and walked over to Seonyul who still hasn't unbuckled her seat belt. He opened the door, unbuckled the belt and lifted her bridal style.

 

He walked to his front door and kicked it with his foot, as hard as he could. The door was opened by a butler and without a word G.O came pass the butler and rushed to his room, still holding Seonyul in his arms. He came into his room and carefully placed her on his bed, taking off her handbag and her jacket and covered her with the bed covers.

 

She still hasn't said a word and he was worried.

 

He took his phone out of his pocket and called Seungho telling him it was an emergency. He called the others and within a minute, all four of them were in G.O's room.

 

“What's going on?”

 

“They almost took her-“

 

“WHAT?!”

 

“I was lucky enough to be here on time-“

 

“Wait, did you see who it was first?

 

“Yes, it was one of his boys… Kangin?”

 

“Did she tell you what happened?”

 

“She hasn't said a word. She was running away from him and when I saw her and when I called her name, she ran towards me. That's all I know. She's pretty shaken up and it looks like she hasn't been out of her daze… I don't know why they are after her. I can risk losing her. Seungho, you know what I mean, you've been through this, I need your help… Please. I need all your help…

 

“Cheondung, call our doctor and bring him over. She needs to be checked up. Joon, Mir, come with me and as for you, stay with her until the doctor comes.”

 

At his words, everyone went to their respected task, leaving G.O and Seonyul alone.

 

She was still lying in bed, hugging the covers with her eyes open, not looking anywhere specific. He noticed that she hasn't moved since they arrived and he started to worry more and more.

 

While waiting for the doctor, he laid himself next to her, and hugged her as he placed her head on his chest and embraced her tightly but carefully, afraid she'll react badly to his gesture while he entangled his legs with hers and brought her closer.

 

He slowly caressed her back while humming a soft tune to calm her down.

 

This went on for a while until someone was knocking on his door. He reluctantly let go of Seonyul and opened the door to find Cheondung standing next to their doctor.

 

“How is she doing?”

 

“Not so well… She hasn't moved or done anything else since we came.”

 

“Hmm… I see… Does she have any kind of physical bruises that might need to be checked?”

 

“No.”

 

They came in as the doctor went straight to Seonyul, who still hasn't changed her position.

 

Doctor Choi leaned closer as he tried to make her sit. He was successfully able to make her move but he noticed that she barely had any control on her movements. G.O and Cheondung were behind him, worried of what was to come from their doctor's examination. They still haven't heard anything from the others and were carefully watching Doctor Choi and Seonyul.

 

Dr. Choi was using his medical torch examining Seonyul's eyes one by one when she suddenly jerked up from the blinding the light.

 

She looked more disoriented than before.

 

“B-Byunghee?”

 

Hearing that name in this soft cracked voice, a part of him was somehow relieved while the other part felt bitter. Calling out that name, he clenched his fists as well as his jaw. He felt disappointment. His friend saw his reaction, not understanding why he seemed so sad when she clearly has been calling out to him.

 

G.O hasn't realized, but Seonyul had silent tears falling down her cheeks. The doctor was able to figure out what happened to her and went to Cheondung and G.O to explain to them her situation.

 

“Will she be okay?”

 

“It depends…”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“She has acute stress reaction”

 

“Acute what?”

 

“It happens when the person founds itself in a traumatic event, no matter what it is. One of the symptoms includes being in that state of daze, showing great disorientation. The person could also express anxiety, agitation, depression and confusion. It will likely take a couple of hour or a couple of days before it disappears… She may even experience amnesia.”

 

Hearing this, G.O walks towards Seonyul as she looks at him with her wet eyes. Still shaken up a little bit, he sits next to her and places his arm around her waist, pulling her against him as he placed his other hand in hers, which were resting on her thighs. He pecks her cheek and places her head on his shoulder looking back at the doctor and his friend.

 

“Is there a way to fix this?”

 

“She'll come out of it… I need to see her hospital records.”

 

“I think I know where they are. She told me her father is a doctor, so maybe at his hospital?”

 

“Good enough for me. Give me the address and I'll be on my way.”

 

“Sure”

 

“I'll leave you then… Call me if there's anything.”

 

 

After Dr. Choi left, G.O stayed in his room with Seonyul while Cheondung went to see the rest of MBLAQ explaining to them the result of their doctor's examination. He was still sitting next to her, but this time, he turned his body so he could face her side, holding her hands while looking at her with a sorrowful expression. She had tears falling one by one on her cheek and down on their joint hands, looking to nowhere specific. She was still in that state of daze and he could barely stand it.

 

He squeezed her hands and leaned closer until his chin was placed on her shoulder kissing the spot of neck under her ear. He took a deep breath and tightly closed his eyes letting out the burden he had in his heart.

 

“Seonyul-ah. Babe. Wake up, please. Look at me. Look at me and see only me, not him. Call my name, not his. Dahlia, my sweet fallen angel, I’m the one that’s here for you, not him. I’ll always be… Forever and always, I promise.”

 

Those last words were what snapped her out.

 

At first she repeated those words, forever & always, in a whisper, over and over again.

 

The single tears that were falling grew with every breath that made her heart beat in pain.

 

The last time she heard those painful words were when he was still around. She places her hand over , closing her eyes and letting quiet sobs out with her tears staining her cheeks. G.O felt her shaking and looked up at her. He saw her crying and it hurt him. He wrapped his arms around her and lightly rocked her body, trying to calm her down. He's been here before, holding her in his arms and calming her and it pained him every time.

 

He soothed her with his quiet shushes, promising her that it was over.

 

“Baby, I'm here now… Please, let me help you.”

 

She seemed to have calmed down when he felt that she wasn't shaking anymore. He kissed her cheek, wiping her tears away and placed another kiss on the top of her head placing it back on his shoulder.

 

 

On the other side of the door stood MBLAQ, in silence. They could hear her cries and their friend words trying to reassure her and help her.

 

The leader realized that he had it all wrong about her. She wasn't one of them but rather a victim, for who knows why. He felt guilty doubting his friend and wanted to help. He knew how it felt to feel helpless when the one you love the most is hurt and couldn't stand his closest friend going through that pain.

 

Earlier, they all agreed to put Seonyul under surveillance in case another incident happens. The leader assigned a couple of his best spies to make sure there would be no trouble. But he knew that it wouldn't make the cut. G.O would want to stay by her side 24/7 making sure nothing happens to her, and he couldn't blame him, he knew he would do the same and already did when his lover was in danger because of them.

 

 

Be careful G.O… Please, be careful

 

 
 
 
author's notes

YES!

SEUNGHO + FEI

I'm a HUGE SeungFei shipper

even though I'm probably the first and only one 

& I DON'T CARE >.<

Hallellujah to the godly(?) couple ^^