In the Mourning

Hello Cold World: Forever & Almost Always
Epilogue
 

A young woman along with her little boy was walking on a stoned lane as they were headed towards an old friend of the lady.

 

The little boy was curious about the reason his mother brought him here.

 

Being unfamiliar with the area, he never knew that his mother had a lost friend to visit.

 

 

They finally made it as the mother gave a small bouquet of Camellias to her friend.

 

She sat on the green grass looking in front of her while her son was standing behind her, curiosity never leaving him.

 

“Hi Byunghee… It's been a while, hasn’t it?”

 

So many years passed since she last spoke to him. She was finally able to live a life she once dreamt of having with him.

 

“I hope you're doing fine because I am…” Before continuing, she turned her head to face her son and asked him to wait for her by the bench a little further away.

 

He did as he was told, leaving his mother to mourn the death of her old friend. She hasn't spoken a word yet, only looking in front of her with her gaze landing on the written words of the tombstone.

 

She couldn't let herself cry again.

 

She couldn't let the ache in her heart come back after battling it for so long.

 

She let herself feel the love that she was given in her own little kingdom, building it up once again, letting the hope fill it once again.

 

 

With time, her past became a memory.

 

Something to remember but can't be relived,

 

Something that can't be forgotten but can be let go of.

 

 

Through the past years, the warmth that once left her slowly creped back up again, leaving her were she is today; queen of her new kingdom.

 

None of this was planned but it happened.

 

Everything they planned was thrown away, only to be replaced by something new.

 

Maybe even something better.

 

Maybe this was supposed to happen after all: the feeling of losing someone just to simply learn the hardships of living in a world that barely has its happiness through its small fingertips.

 

She gets up from the ground and looks down at the flowers that she placed by his side. Even though he wasn't the one that was buried here, he was still gone.

 

He never came back.

 

Though he promised a future, he was never able to give it to her.

 

She doesn't hate him for it.

 

 

What happened wasn't his fault after all.

 

 

He's still watching over her from above.

 

Guilty for leaving his princess, he sent someone to look after her, to stay by her side and hold on to the promises he couldn't fulfill.

 

As she was about to step away, she felt warmth spreading through her palm, the same warmth that she once felt when she was on the other side. She looks down and smiles knowing that he never left her.

 

It was all he could do for her and she was okay with this.

 

She knows what he did and she's grateful to know that he's still thinking about her.

 

 

 

 

 

From the ground, she turns her head towards her little boy who was patiently waiting for his mother on the bench.

 

She smiles as she saw him playing with a little girl.

 

She slowly walks towards her son and notices the features of the little girl.

 

Dark and short hair, small dress, and once the little girl looked up to the woman, she saw the familiar eyes she once saw so long ago.

 

Seonyul's heart skipped a beat as she saw the little girl she once held inside of her playing with her little brother.

 

In the same line of vision, a man was standing behind them.

 

From the blond locks on his head, that smile she so loved to see and the white suit he is wearing, she only lets a single tear fall down her cheek understanding that he was the one that sent her the one who holds her heart today.

 

She calls out to her son who looks up to his mother, running to her after he bid goodbye to the little girl.

 

Both father and daughter were looking towards the new family as they were walking away.

 

The husband waiting by the car and the wife who let go of her son's hand as he was running towards his dad with a grin spreading on his face.

 

 

The hardships were over as the new family found its peace with the past and learned to let go and move on.

 

The future was what was waiting for them at the end of the finish line.

 

 

 

Thank you for loving me Byunghee-ah, 

A part of me will always be with you.

Always and forever.

 

 
 
 
author's notes

 

 

Thank You

 

To those who took the time to read my story, to write a comment and to those who subscribed, thank you.

 

I've worked on this story for almost three months and it means so much to me all the support you gave to it. Reading the comments and seeing how many people have read it puts a huge smile on my face because you guys are actually taking the time out of your day to read this story.

 

I hope it wasn't too disappointing and that you enjoyed the story.

 

 

Now that the first installment of the series is over, there are four more to come but they won't be there right away I'm still working on the storyline, trying to make them different from each other, but you'll soon get too see a new story which won't be related to this one whatsoever.

 

 

Thank you again

 

Lots of love

- BLAQdreaMerinAQ