Face the Light

Hello Cold World: Forever & Almost Always
Face the Light 
August 2012
 

It was yet another beautiful summer day in the city of Seoul.
 
 
Finishing up her work at the bookstore, Seonyul walks down the streets reaching for her car when she suddenly stops to properly see what's in front of her: Byunghee, or more likely, G.O. He was standing a few feet away looking at her with a smile on his face as he walks towards her and founds himself face to face with her. “Hi.”
 
 
“Hi”
 
 
“How have you been?”
 
 
“Good. You?”
 
 
“Good…”
 
 
Seonyul nods as she looks around while G.O looks at her and scratches the back of his neck, both in the middle of their awkward silence. She looks back at him and starts moving to her car, greeting him goodbye. “Well then, I think I should be going-“
 
 
“D-do y-you want to, maybe, go and have a cup of coffee with me?”
 
 
“Now?”
 
 
“Sure, why not?” He lightly shrugs while smiling, patiently waiting for her answer.
 
 
“Okay.” She smiles back and walks back up to him.
 
 
They both walk in silence to the nearest coffee shop. Once inside, they order their drinks and found a seat at a secluded part of the place, away from the rest of the public. They found themselves in another moment of awkward silence. They don't know what to say or what to think. He was still curious about why she called out his name when he never told her what it was in the first place. When he was about to speak, she broke the silence with a smirk on her face.
 
 
“So… banged any ladies lately?” He found her amusing and chuckled at her question, seeing that she was trying to light up the atmosphere around them. “What do you think?”
 
 
“Tell me… Anyone better than me?”
 
 
“Why? Would you be jealous if I said yes?”
 
 
“Not really, no. I would just be really disappointed.” Pretending to be offended, she pouts at him while tilting her head to the side while he looked at her, lost to see her act that way. “How so?”
 
 
Placing one hand under her chin, she uses her free hand to trace drabbles with her finger on the table. “Well, it would just mean that I have to remind you-
 
 
“Admit it. You missed me.”
 
 
“What if I say yes?”
 
 
“Did you?” The way she suddenly changed her expression caught him off guard. She was suddenly sounding serious, which made him more intrigued about what was in her mind.
 
 
Her simple answer was another shrug from the shoulders. She was playing with him. As much as she wanted him, she wanted him to want her as much.
 
To be frank, he wasn't really the type to go back to the same girl once he slept with her. It only happened a few times but only because it was times where he didn't feel like looking for someone new. But for her, somehow, she was the exception. He wanted her. For some unknown reason, his heart was screaming for her.
 
 
For her to touch him again like she did that night;
 
 
For her to kiss him like she did that night;
 
 
For them to hold each other while making love like they did that night;
 
 
For him to look in her eyes with the passion burning through her like he did that night;
 
 
For him to have a reason to call out her nickname while he's giving himself to her.
 
 
As much as he wanted to deny it, he missed her. He had fun that night. It was probably one of the best nights he could ever remember, but he just doesn't want to give in, it's not who he is.
 
 
‘I'll play a little longer.’
 
 
“Will I see you tonight?” He takes a sip from his cup of coffee while observing her moving her back against the chair. “I don’t know… Do you want to see me tonight?”
 
 
“Why not. I'd like to have fun again.”
 
 
“Sure.”
 
 
“Good.”
 
 
‘Hopefully, I'll have my answers... somehow.’
 
 
 
 
It was Friday night.
 
 
Seonyul was sitting by the bar at the same club where she met G.O, while she was waiting for him and luckily she didn't have to wait for too long. In the next couple of seconds, he appeared in front of her wearing a black v-neck shirt and a pair of dark blue jeans that fitted perfectly with his body.
 
 
Eyeing him from head to toe, she couldn’t help herself but enjoy the way he was dressed. “ I don't remember leaving you like this~”
 
 
“You're not so bad either.”
 
 
He carefully looks at her and likes what he sees.
 
 
His dear Dahlia was sporting a baggy hello kitty shirt, short enough to see a part of her stomach with a pair of black shorts. Her hair was tied in a nice ponytail where her pierced ears were visible.  He gets closer to her and leans closer to her ear with a smirk visible across his lips. “Much less than last time.”
 
 
“Just for you babe”
 
 
He takes her by the hand and brings her to the dance floor. He places his hands on her hips while she places her hands on him, feeling his muscled arms. The music was blasting and the place was full; pretty much typical on a Friday night.
 
 
As they were dancing to the music (Face the Light - Girlicious) not caring about the world around them, he looks at her move, swaying her body to the music while thinking about the ways he wanted to pleasure her tonight.
 
 
He takes a tighter grip on her and breathes in before leaning closer to her ear so she could hear him speak. “Why do I feel so attracted to you?”
 
 
She pulls away from him to look directly at him as she chuckled. “I don’t know, you tell me.”
 
 
Like the last time, he moves her towards the wall and corners her there, not moving his hands, still resting on her hips. He gets himself closer to her, not leaving any space from the waist down and brings her chin up so he can look into her eyes and leans closer until he can feel her sweet breath on his lips, still not breaking their eye contact.
 
 
Not knowing what do to, she leans in and lightly presses her lips on his. He responds by lightly kissing her, eyes closed, trying to feel something out of the ordinary, and he did. His heartbeat increased, as it was ready to jump out of his chest.
 
 
‘Why does she have so much effect on me?’
 
 
He looks back at her, and cups her cheek pressing his lips on her and kissing her with more passion. Wrapping her arms around his waist, she brought him closer, not wanting to part neither from the kiss, neither from his body. Without breaking it, he slid his hands from her cheeks to her neck and slowly lowers them until he reached the bottom of her shirt, grazing the exposed skin of her stomach. He goes lower until he reached her shorts ing and ping them, caressing the fabric of her while her shorts still hung on her hips. At his touch, she lets out a soft moan while she had her eyes closed the back of her head pressed against the wall behind her.
 
 
Luckily, because of the poor lighting and the loud noise, nobody was paying attention to both of them, but unfortunately it doesn't last long since Seungho, walks through the dancing crowd finding him and telling him it was time to go. “Yah, G.O-ah, we got to go.”
 
 
He pulls himself away from her and turns his head towards his friend, not pleased about being disturbed. “What? Now?”
 
 
“Yes, it's the job. I just got a call from the boss… I’ll wait for you outside.”
 
 
“Is everything okay?” She saw the distressed look on his face worrying her and called him out, curious to know what was going on. Hearing her, he looks back at her and lightly bit his bottom lip with regret flashing across his eyes. “The job is calling me. I have to go.”
 
 
“Oh... Then if you have to go, I'll leave too.”
 
 
“Where?”
 
 
“Back home. I don't want to stay.” She fixes herself as he grabs her hand and walks through the crowd and back outside.
 
 
“I'm sorry.” Once they reached the sidewalk, they were still holding hands as they let the fresh air hit their faces while standing in front of each other. “For what?”
 
 
“Ruining our night.”
 
 
She smiles at him and places her hand on his cheek, gently patting it. “Don't worry about it.”
 
 
He approaches her and lightly kisses her on the lips, and lingers a little bit longer before pulling away. “I’ll see you around?”
 
 
“Sure.”
 
 
Walking away from each other, he found himself inside the car, disappointed at the sudden turn of events. He hides his face behind his hand, placing his fingers between his temples, when he suddenly realized he didn’t have any way to contact her.
 
 
“What's wrong?”
 
 
Looking to the side, he saw Seungho who was looking at his friend with a worried expression on his face while he kept on driving.  “I forgot to ask for her number.”
 
 
“Her number? Wait, you actually want her phone number?” The older one was left speechless since it wasn’t a common occurrence coming from his friend. “It’s the first time I’ve seen you like this since we met. Looks like you actually fell for her.”
 
 
“Pfft! She's just that good in bed, that's it.”
 
 
“You've been with her only once!”
 
 
“You're point being…”
 
 
“Yah, I know you Byunghee. You've changed ever since you've met her. Yes, you've been with others, after you met her, but I saw you this afternoon. Usually you would've just walk right pass the woman you've been with, completely ignoring them, but now, you actually went on a date with her~”
 
 
“Yah! It wasn't a date! What are you talking about?! We just ran into each other and we flirted a bit, that's it. It wasn't a date…” Mumbling his last words, Seungho starts to laugh, completely amused by the outburst his friend just displayed. “Whatever dude~”
 
 
They were now on the street that was leading to their mansion, and as he was looking through the window next to him, he spotted a familiar figure getting out of a cab.
 
 
‘It's her!’
 
 
Carefully examining the area, he spots her going up the stairs to what he thought would be her place, determine to comeback later tonight.
 
 
‘I'll come back when I'm done with the job.’

 
 
 
author's notes