Disturbance

Hello Cold World: Forever & Almost Always
Disturbance 
 
 

It was one o'clock in the morning and they were sleeping in each other's embrace. The phone started to buzz, waking up G.O who was groaning at the noise.  Finding it on the night table by the bed, he picked it up, without looking at the caller ID and presses the ‘ignore’ button from his phone, putting it back on the table and then placing himself in his initial position: hugging Seonyul, without waking her up from her sleep. He was too comfortable to be bothered and to exhausted to get out of bed.

 

As he was about to go back to sleep his phone was ringing again, and this time it woke up both of them. He was now getting irritated as she was lazily getting up from her sleep. She was now sitting, covering herself with the blanket and looking at G.O with a death glare.

 

“Pick that thing up before I throw it out of the window and you with it.”

 

“Go back to sleep, I won't take long.”

 

“Hmm. Hurry, I don't want to freeze to death.”

 

He puts on his boxers, takes his phone from the table and walks out of the room closing the door behind him. He walks towards the stairs that were leading up to the attic. He blankly looks at his phone, trying to figure out in what kind of situation he's got himself in.

 

Whenever he receives a call, he never ignores it. Whether it would be an emergency call or a dull one. He looked at the missed calls he had and noticed that Seungho was the one that called him.

 

Twice. 

 

.’

 

He would probably found himself in deep trouble. First, because he ignored the call of his leader and second because he was calling in the middle of the night, which probably meant that there was some work to do.

 

“Hello?”

 

“YAH! JUNG BYUNGHEE! WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU, NOT ANSWERING YOUR PHONE?”

 

“I'm sorry. I was asleep and-“

 

“IT'S NOT A REASON TO IGNORE MY CALL! I seriously thought something happened to you! You know what is our situation right now!”

 

“I'm sorry! I got kind of held up, what's going on?”

 

“I don't have time for this! Now get your right over here, we got trouble. AND HURRY!”

 

Right when he hung up, Seonyul came out of her room, wearing her extra large t-shirt and her , walking towards G.O with a worried look on her face since she heard him from outside the room. “Hey, is everything okay?”

 

“I got to go.”

 

“Huh? Where?”

 

“Work.”

 

“At this hour?!”

 

“Yes, it was my boss that called me. I have to leave.”

 

“You can't!”

 

“And why is that?”

 

“You're wounded G.O, you still haven't recovered yet!”

 

“I'm sorry but this is an emergency, I have to go now.”

 

“YAH! Tell your boss to shove that stupid emergency up his -“

 

“Don't talk about him like that!”

 

“I DON'T CARE! I'LL SAY WHATEVER I WANT ABOUT THAT A**W***E!”

 

Sudden anger was boosting up inside of him as he firmly stood up in front of her and took a big step, standing really close. “YAH!”

 

She looked up at him, not showing any kind of fear in her eyes but only anger. “What are you going to do? Hit me?”

 

“Just shut up and get out of my way-“

 

“No.”

 

“I said get out.”

 

“And I said no.”

 

“You little b*tch.” He pushes her out of the way and storms inside her room as he starts wearing his dried clothes with hurry and irritation. He didn't know why he snapped at her, but he did and regrets it. Finishing wearing his clothes, he takes a deep breath and turns around, seeing Seonyul sitting at the edge of her bed looking at him with watery eyes.

 

“Dahlia… I'm sorry but I have to go-“

 

“Don't! What about your injury?”

 

“I'll be fine!”

 

“No you won't! I'm begging you, G.O-ah. Don't go… Please”

 

“I can't stay… If I don't go I'll be in a bigger trouble than you could imagine. Please, trust me on this.”

 

“Fine! If you leave, don't think about coming back-“

 

“Dahlia-“

 

“I don't know what the hell you're going to do out there, but when you're done, don't even think about stepping back into this house. We're through. Now get out!”

 

“Babe-“

 

“Get. Out.”

 

“Please, try to understand-“

 

His sentence was cut short when he heard his phone ringing. It was Seungho. He answered and told him where he was and that he was on his way. He looked back at Seonyul, who was now drenched in tears, and slightly trembling.

 

It was happening again.

 

He didn't want to leave her in this state, knowing what was going to happen but he couldn't abandoned the rest of the boys, especially since they needed him.

 

But she also needed him. As he was about to approach her, he heard a car honking outside and knew who it was.

 

“That's my cue… I'm sorry…” Before he had time to move, she quickly grabbed onto his shirt, begging him not to go. “Please, don’t leave me.”

 

“I'll be back, I promise.” He cups her cheeks and sweetly kisses her forehead while she only tighten her hold on him. “What if you don’t? What if I lose you? I don’t want to lose you again.” Her voice cracked and his broke his heart. Looking straight into her wet eyes, he tried to stay confident about the situation. “You won’t. I’ll be back before you know it. He kisses her lips and runs out of the house joining a pissed off and worried Seungho in his car looking at his friend’s expression on his face. “Yah, what’s wrong?”

 

“Nothing… Didn't you say it was an emergency?”

 

“Yea-“

 

“Then go.”

 

 

(A/N - You're My Everything - Davichi)

 

Back inside the house, Seonyul was living another one of her dreadful episodes.

 

It was like having to live her nightmare again.

 

Him leaving.

 

Byunghee was leaving her all alone.

 

Was there a promise to comeback? She couldn't recall. She has been having that dream over and over again where she sees him, her lost Byunghee, walking away from her, leaving behind a ring, a promise ring.

 

She remembers that he gave her that ring the day he disappeared as if he knew that something was going to happen to him. He told her to hold on to it because it was a promise he made to her, a promise about looking forward to their future. That last scene was the last moment she would be spending with him.

 

Yes, he was older than her and she was still in high school, but like any other fairy tale, when you meet the One, what can stop you?

 

Well, in this case, life did. Death was the one that separated them. She was still living her life, while he was lying under the cold ground.

 

And today, it was like the gods heard her cries and brought him back from the dead. Fate brought them back together trying to gain forgiveness for causing such grief to a desperate broken soul.

 

This broken soul was ready to join her one true love on the other side until something stopped her. Three years ago, he was the one that stopped her from doing a mistake.

 

Another night where she dreamt about him. Another night where she would be crying out his name in pain, hoping that he was still alive and that all this suffering was just a part of a nightmare. Unfortunately it wasn't.

 

He was gone.

 

In this dream of hers, he was telling her to let go and to move on. That she needed to live her life since she was still young, but she refused to listen, she refused to acknowledge the fact that the only person she ever truly loved vanished. It was impossible. They made plans together.

 

She was supposed to graduate and move in with him to the city so they could live together. He was supposed to ask her hand in marriage and have a family together. They were supposed to grow old and die together.

 

Together.

 

That's all she ever wanted.

 

Being together with him.

 

They were supposed to spend their life together. They spent their childhood together, so why not the rest of their lives? Why was life so cruel? Why was death so cruel? Death couldn't spare his life could he? Making a young poor woman going crazy from not being near her lover. Literally roaming around the country to try and find her first love. The man that stole her heart was somewhere, out there. Even though she had to face reality, her heart was telling her not to give up, because he was still alive. Even though she was there, at his funeral, she could still feel like he was around.

 

But soon, that feeling was gone.

 

It left the moment he told her to let go and to move on. This, right there, was a sign telling her that he was definitely gone and that he wouldn't come back, not because he didn't want to, but because he couldn't.

 

"As much as I want to be with you, my dear Seonyul, I can't and I'm sorry for that. 

I'm sorry for inflicting you pain when I promised I would only give you happiness.

I'm sorry I wasn't able to be with you on your graduation.

I'm sorry I wasn't able to propose to you and have that family we talked about.

I'm sorry I won't be there with you until the end, until we grow old and die together.

I love you and only you. You're the only woman I've ever been in love with and even though I'm not with you anymore, my feelings won't change. They will never change.

I'll wait for you Seonyul-ah. I'll wait for the day you'll join me so we could finally have our happily ever after.

But don't do it now.

Don't waste the rest of your life because I couldn't stand to see you hurt yourself for me.

Babe.

You are everything to me, and I can't believe I'm not by your side anymore, but know this: I'll always be here, in your heart.

My beautiful angel, don't let this ruin us. I'll always be by your side, watching over you. I'm not letting you runaway, so stay. Live the life you wanted.

Become a writer and write your story. Our story. Let the world know how amazing you are; let them know how a great artist you're going to be.

Don't let them bring you down.

We live in harsh and cruel world, but I know that you'll survive because you're strong. You're a strong person Seonyul-ah and I know that you're going to do great and I'll be here watching every step you make, supporting you.

I want to be able to hold you once again, but I can't. I want to be able to kiss you once again, but I can't.

I want to be able to make love to you once again, but I can't.

All I can say is that I love you.

Promise me you won't be foolish. Promise me you will live your life like you were meant to.

My dear Camellia, my lovely angel, my soul mate, the love of my life, don't cry because I won't be able to wipe away those tears and hold you close to me telling you everything will be okay because it hurts.

It hurts to see you like this.

Be happy we lived a life together.

Be happy we knew each other and loved each other.

Hold on to that ring as a promise to me, a promise that no matter what happens, no matter what are the hardships you're going to face, do not give up.

Promise me that you'll move on and live a healthy life.

I need you to do this for me, my love.

My sweet, sweet love.

Oh, how much I regret leaving you here.

But don't worry about me.

Let me be your guardian angel, like you've been mine. Let me be here to watch you grow and protect you. I wasn't able to do it when I was alive, but that won't stop me from doing it now. I'm not letting you go, but you have to.

You have to let go of this pain in your heart and let me have it.

Let me have this heartache I caused you.

You need to let someone else in and love you like I always did and in return, give your heart to that special someone. Let him take care of you like I was able to do until I left. Let that special someone guide you to your future and live happily.

I'll be here, watching over you and waiting for you to come to me so we could spend our happily ever after like we talked about.

 

Always and forever, my darling; 

Always and forever would you be cherished in my heart;

Always and forever would you be part of me like I was part of you once.

 

Always and forever, sweet love.

 

Always & Forever."

 

 

 

This was her dream. This was his message to her.

 

And now it was out of sight, out of mind.

 

He was out of sight,

She was out of her mind.

 

 
 
 
author's notes