Fire It Up

Hello Cold World: Forever & Almost Always
Fire It Up 
 
 

The sun hasn't shown it's first ray of light when G.O was still fulfilling the mission. Him, as well as the rest of MBLAQ and some of their allies, were busy targeting the enemy. As much as he wanted to stay with Seonyul and comfort her, he knew that this assignment was important and couldn't disappoint the others.

 

Things were getting pretty tensed up, especially since they were so close to bringing down this enemy of theirs. That old dear Lee So Man was a dangerous man who would do anything for power.

 

Anything.

 

Others, who knew him, feared him. No matter what he does, nothing good could come out of him or his business, even training his men to become professional killers without mercy.

 

 

They found themselves in an abandoned building, each of them scattered out into teams through the edifice carefully looking for their opponents. Something's up and it needed to be dealt with.

 

G.O couldn't let himself be distracted about her but couldn't help it once his head started to hurt. The strange images were back, one a little bit more painful than the other. He could barely concentrate as he heard his friend's voice asking him if he was okay. Not responding, he was asked again and only gave a low grunt as his answer, holding his head with his two hands as he tightly held on to his hair.

 

“Yah! G.O-ah! What's wrong?”

 

“My head… it h-hurts.”

 

“.”

 

While the leader whispered his orders, G.O's headache was slowly fading away. In just a matter of seconds, he could feel himself think properly again. He took a couple of deep breaths before looking up to his friends who were still looking back at him with worried expressions.

 

“G.O?”

 

“I'm fine”

 

“You're sure?”

 

“Yes”

 

“Good. Now let's go. We got work to do.”

 

 

Threats were thrown left and right. Some men were running while others were fighting. Shots were fired as some would duck, not wanting to be hit, and as others would be touched, falling to the ground. In all this chaos, G.O was fighting against one of his enemies.

 

He found himself running after this man through the worn out building trying to catch him, hoping that holding him hostage would help them as they were trying to shut down whatever SM's plans were. Unfortunately, as he fired his shots, the man was able to dodge each of the bullets, barely being touched.

 

It wasn't normal for G.O to miss on his victims. But just for this night, he barely had any energy left in him to fight, even for the run. He stopped in his tracks so he could catch his breath, letting the other one escape, but not without leaving a little something. The man turns around and with a smirk calls out to G.O as he was getting something out of his pocket. G.O looked up, widening his eyes as he saw what the man was holding in his hand, ready to throw the smoke bomb away.

 

.

 

Through one of the empty rooms, he pushed through a random door and ran straight in as the bomb exploded making G.O jump out through a window, landing straight in the open dumpster. The bomb made everyone evacuate, stopping everything they were doing as they tried to come out of the building alive.

 

G.O got out of the dumpster, and luckily he was able to prevent a deadly crash as an old mattress was the object on top of the other trash that filled the dumpster. He got out, feeling sore and he could feel something on him getting wet. He looked down and felt his stitches slowly opening. He cursed as he ran to where the car was parked. Seungho was running to his car and spotted G.O who looked weak.

 

“What happened?!”

 

“It's Jonghyun. He's the one that threw the bomb.”

 

“Did you see the others?”

 

“No.”

 

Seungho noticed the blood dripping out from his shirt, and at that moment the rest of the team came out. He told them to get back to the mansion and get their wounded men checked out by the doctor, while he would bring G.O to the hospital.

 

In this rush, Seungho helped G.O get out of the car once they reached the hospital grounds and ran to Doctor Lee. He looked disappointed and worried, thinking that something happened to Seonyul if G.O was in this kind of state.

 

“I told you to be careful, didn't I?”

 

“Sorry…”

 

“She wasn't with you, was she?”

 

“No.”

 

“Good, now come with me.”

 

 

All cleaned up, Seungho drove G.O back to Seonyul's place. He parked the car by the sidewalk and turned it off. Before letting his friend go, the leader looks up at the torn up expression on G.O's face, trying to figure out how to start a conversation.

 

“Byunghee… You've been out of it lately… What's wrong?”

 

“Huh?”

 

“The headache, the distraction. Is it because of her?”

 

“I guess”

 

“Talk to me.”

 

“I don't even know where to start…”

 

“Start with the obvious. Do you love her?”

 

G.O looked at his friend. His question caught him off guard, making him wonder about his true feelings for the girl. Even though he grew attached to her, he never properly thought about it. Did he love her? Or was it just the crazy lust that made him feel the way he did towards her?

 

It couldn't be, and he knew it. It was definitely love.

 

Love was making him act the way he did.

 

“I do, and it's driving me crazy.”

 

“Why?”

 

“I don't really know how to explain it. It's just… I'm ready to give her the world if that is what she needs. I'm ready to give up everything for her. She needs me Seungho and I want to be there for her, no matter how hard it's going to be. I promised her and I'm not giving up on that –“

 

“There's more to what you're saying, isn't there?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Then tell me, Byunghee. I'm your brother. Let it all out.”

 

He confessed everything.

 

From the day he met her up until the moment he left a few hours ago. Like his friend said, he let it all out; his fears, his hopes, his dreams and even those headaches he's been having. He never felt so helpless but at the same time all he wanted to do was to help her through whatever hell she was going through every night.

 

 

As he stepped out of the car, the sun was starting to shine, indicating the early hours of the morning. He walked inside the house and climbed the stairs, heading towards Seonyul's room.

 

Opening the door, he found her in the same position he left her in: all curled up in her bed and covered with the blanket. He takes off his jacket and slowly walks towards her lifting up the covers so he could slide in and lay by her side.

 

She felt the bed shift and turned around to see him back. Without a word, she wraps her arms around him, holding him tight against her. He lifts her head up by her chin and places an innocent kiss on her lips.

 

She felt a wave of warmth rushing through her body, reassuring her that he was indeed back and that she could finally feel safe in his embrace, once again as she was slowly falling asleep. 

 

 
 
 
author's notes

Double update dedicated to keepersblood ^^

Happy Birthday love <3