I Wonder If You're Hurt Like Me

Hello Cold World: Forever & Almost Always
I Wonder If You're Hurt Like Me 
 
 

Seonyul was now lying on her couch wearing her pj's with her dog beside her while watching TV. She was about to fall asleep when she heard someone ringing on her doorbell. Intrigued and at the same time scared of what could possibly be behind the doors, she slowly walked to the main entrance, unsure of what to do. She jumps out of fear when she hears a familiar voice on the other side.

 

“Hey! It's me, G.O!”

 

G.O? What is he doing here?’

 

She opens the door only to find a half beaten up man, hands in his pockets with a relax pose, on her front porch. She looked at him from head to toe, horrified by his state. “What the hell happened to you?!”

 

“It’s nothing-“ He seemed to be doing well, which threw Seonyul off even further. “It’s nothing? You’re a wreck! Why aren’t you at the hospital?” She grabbed her coat that was on the hanger along with her car keys and turned back to G.O, ready to step outside her house. “Damn it. Come with me.” She lets out a sigh, as she was about to close the door only to be stopped by G.O as he placed hi hand on hers.

 

“Don't. I came here because I wanted to see you.”

 

“You're bleeding and you have a black eye, who knows what other bruises you have and you wanted to come here? Are you out of your freaking mind?!”

 

“Sorry?”

 

It took her a minute before realizing that she never mentioned to him where she lived, which obviously raised a few questions. “How come you know where I live?”

 

“I saw you going inside earlier…”

 

“Oh.”

 

“Can I come in?”

 

“Sure~”

 

“Thanks.” He smiles at her while she simply breathes out as they both stepped back inside.

 

She closes the door behind him and makes him walk into her living room, sitting him down on the couch and tells him to wait. A couple of minutes later, she was back with her first aid kit on one hand and a glass of water on the other. She sits down next to him and hand him the glass of water. “Here”

 

“Thank you”

 

“So, are you going to tell me what happened to you?”

 

“Nothing important.”

 

“Yah!” She gets up from the couch slowly getting mad that he wouldn’t open up. He gently takes a hold of her hand and pulls her back so she could be sitting next to him. “You don't need to worry about it”

 

“Of course I do!” She pulls away from his grip only to found her hand back between his as he was softly her skin while looking straight at her, trying to reassure her.

 

“I don't want you to worry about it, please, just let it go.”

 

“Whatever… Just let me help you with your bruises.”

 

“Sure.” He sends her a smile as she grabbed onto her aid kit box and placed it on her lap.

 

 

 

By now she was on her knees, holding his face and cleaning the small cut on his cheek. No words were exchanged between them. He was solely watching her with that twinkle in his eyes, making his heart pound out of his chest. Looking at her, he realized how beautiful she was. Gorgeous dark black eyes and long eyelashes, almost hypnotizing when you look at them; perfectly sculpted pink lips that tasted sweet and beautiful cheeks that felt soft under his touch. It's then that he realized how close they were and blushed when she touched his face.

 

Without any second thought, he leans closer to her and kisses her, which surprised her at first, but eventually gave in, kissing him back. Slowly and carefully, she lifts herself up and sits on him, straddling him between her legs. Her arms wrapped around his neck, she brings him closer, wanting to taste every inch of his lips on hers, while he caressed her back and lifted her shirt showing her exposed upper body covered with her bra. They were caught up in their own world and nothing seemed to matter at that moment, until she heard him winced in pain. She broke the kiss and looked at the source of pain: his waist. She lifts his shirt up only to spot a cut on the left side of his waist. Without any word, she gets up, grabs him leading him upstairs to her bathroom.

 

“You were expecting to go that far without me noticing your cut?”

 

“Maybe?”

 

“You're lucky my dad is a doctor. I should be able to help you with that.”

 

“I guess I came to the right person after all~”

 

“It doesn’t change the fact that you need to go to a hospital. Do it for me at least, please?”

 

He cups her cheeks, grazing his thumb over her skin and looks at her worried expression with care, noticing some kind of shimmer appearing in her orbs. ‘Just for you.’

 

“Because you seem to care that much, I'll go. Only tomorrow though. I want to stay here for the night…”

 

“Okay”

 

“Good.”

 

A couple of minutes later, G.O was clean and his cut was wrapped up in a bandage. Not wanting to leave the place, Seonyul led him to the guest room and prepared the bed for him. She was about to leave when he grabbed her by her wrist pulling her closer where his other hand landed on her back.

 

“Where do you think your going?” The suggestive tone in his voice made her shiver as he leaned closer towards her neck, placing sweet kisses.

 

“To my room? It's past 1 o'clock and I'm really tired. Plus you need to rest, you're bruised, remember?”

 

“Stay with me, please. Just for the night.” Within every word, he kept his lips on her neck making her close her eyes as she took several deep breaths to stay put.

 

“G.O, please. Not tonight…”

 

He switched on the other side of her neck and grabbed tighter onto her. “I need to repay you. For your kindness.”

 

“Wh- what about your bruise?”

 

“I already told you not to worry about it.”

 

 

They were both in bed, half and kissing to no end. Arms wrapped around each other, G.O was ready to make the first move when he suddenly felt pain coming from his cut on his waist. Breaking the kiss, Seonyul looked down at the bruise and then back up at him with a worried expression. She gently pushes him away, landing next to her and facing the ceiling with a frustrated sigh.

 

“I think we should stop…”

 

She got up from the bed and was ready to leave the room when he grabbed her wrist, making her look back. “I’m sorry”

 

“Don't be… Just try to rest and get some sleep.” The sudden crack in her voice went unnoticed as she hurried herself out of the room and straight into the hallways, leaving him alone.

 

 

Once she reached her room and closed the door behind, Seonyul broke into tears. The man she thought she lost came back only to be broken. Changing back into her pj's, she went to her bed and tried to sleep without stopping the tears.

 

On the other side, G.O was still lying in the guestroom's bed looking up at the ceiling. He felt the bed shift from the opposite side only to see Seonyul's dog, Balto. He looked at him and ruffled his head. As for the dog, he pulled out the covers out of G.O’s way signaling him that something was wrong. Having trained some dogs himself, he understood what Balto wanted and followed the dog out of the room just to find himself in front of a closed door.

 

“What's wrong? Why are we here?”

 

In response, Balto lets out a cry while scratching the door making the boy lean closer to the doors only to hear someone crying on the other side.

 

“Is that her room?”

 

He opens the door and finds Seonyul covered in her blankets crying and talking, with a muffled voice against her pillow.

 

“Hey, are you okay?”

 

He was now worried and felt guilty for coming here when he knew he should've been at home resting. Closing the door behind him, he quietly approaches her and caresses her wet cheek, wiping the tears away.

 

At his touch, she opens her eyes and sees him sitting at the edge of her bed. She sits up and hugs him tightly, crying on his shoulder.

 

“Shush… It's okay. I'm here.” He hugs her back as he tightly wrapped his arms around her waist.

 

Letting go, he cups her cheeks with both of his hands and looks in her eyes. Even with the moon as the only light resource at the moment, he could see how hurt she was.

 

“What's wrong babe? Tell me, please.”

 

Without a word, she grabs his hands from her cheeks and pulls him in her bed. She held him tightly, looking as if she didn't want to let go and couldn't stop crying. G.O’s heart was hurting. He didn't know what to do to ease her pain and somehow, he felt that there were more to it then just about his bruises. She kept mumbling random phrases that confused him.

 

“Please… don't leave me. Byunghee, I'm so sorry.”

 

He was caressing her back, and answered to her cries. She looked up at him and he could see in her eyes that she was a goner. She looked so lost and desperate and there was nothing he could do.

 

“Babe… Tell me what's wrong…”

 

He felt her shaking a little bit.

 

It was getting serious and he had no clue how to help her. He was lying on his left side so he could feel the pain from his bruise. To ease it, he tried to get up but failed when he felt her grip on his shirt tighten. The only decision that came to his mind was to go over her and switch side of the bed so he could land on his right side and he did. He took the blankets to cover both of them. While hugging her again, as she rested her head on his chest, he started humming a lullaby hoping it will calm her down.

 

“Don't leave me Byunghee… I love you”

 

“I'm right here… I'm not going anywhere”

 

He kissed her forehead and kept humming his lullaby when he felt her kissing his collarbone. “I love you so much.”

 

She kept kissing him until their lips met. It felt good but also painful. He could feel through that kiss how hurt she was. He tried to stop it but couldn't. She wouldn't let go of him.

 

“What are you doing?”

 

“I want to show you how much I love you Byunghee.”

 

“Babe, you need to wake up… I-I'm not him…”

 

“Please, don't let go, I need you, I want you.”

 

He lets go of any willpower he has left and kisses her back with everything he got. He places himself on top of her and slides his hands until he reaches her hips, getting a hold of them. She wraps her arms around his neck and brings him closer without stopping her kiss. They slowly, and carefully, take off each other's clothes only to find themselves left in their underwear. She stops to look at him. He couldn't see what her eyes were telling him, but her next words were enough to make him act with the passion he had for her.

 

“Make love to me.”

 

 

And he did.

 

All that mattered at the moment was her, and only her.

 

As much as he was in pain, he didn't want to stop. He wanted to feel every inch of her body that she willingly gave to him for the second time since they first met and he couldn't get enough.

 

And truthfully it wasn't only about the lust anymore. He wanted to feel her heart.

 

He was feeling how much she wanted him and how hopeless she was to keep him for herself.

 

And he knew that she wanted him, and only him.

 

She was calling out his name and not the other one she gave him the first time.

 

She wanted him and only him and he would show her just how much he needed her, and wanted her.

 

His sweet delicate Dahlia.

 

His sweet little devil.

 
 
 
author's notes