Forever & Almost Always

Hello Cold World: Forever & Almost Always
Forever & Almost Always 
 
 

Prologue

 

They've known each other since their innocent days, where the young boy swept the little girl off her feet as he kneeled down on one knee and kissed her hand, like a true prince.

 

Who knew that from this day their lives would change?

 

Who knew that the moment the little boy stepped inside her house, a love story was being written?

 

They grew up standing side by side and spent every occasion they had together. Whenever she would turn around, he would be there with a smile on his face and his hand stretched out for her to reach.

 

They lived in their own world where they only knew of the sun shining and not worrying about anything negative. They were away from the black and white people and the grey sky filling the earth, but not far enough as this cold world they ignored built a barrier separating both lovers.

 

They had a life together in the past and planned on going on, hand in hand, together in the future. Everything was sorted out but got trashed the day he stepped out of their home.

 

He didn't walked out on her. He just… disappeared.

 

It wasn't part of their plan. It wasn't at all part of their future.

 

They were so in love, but Fate, bored by their happiness, decided to step in and ruined everything. Fate took the one person she ever knew and ever loved away from her heart making her fall into despair and agony.

 

Loneliness became her new best friend. Her new love.

 

Countless of times did she try to join him on the other side but failed.

 

Countless of times did she cry out his name hoping to be living in a horrible nightmare.

 

Countless of times did she found herself falling down, not wanting no go back up because it wasn't worth it anymore.

 

When you lose the person that became everything to you, all that is left is nothing. Just an empty heart inside a dead end soul, not wanting to be part of a future that doesn't exist anymore.

 

The Forever & Always was lost, deep down on the Other Side.

 

 

Epilogue

 

Have any of you, ladies, ever found your prince Charming? Have any of you, gentlemen, ever found your Queen?

 

Well I did… But I lost it, not because I was stupid enough to let it go, just because… I guess it wasn't meant to be?

 

I was preparing on living my happy ever after when he got snatched away from me.

 

I don't know why but it happened and I lost it.

 

For a whole year of my life, I searched every corner of the country to find him and I failed.

 

I never found him because I was told he died.

 

The realization that I was never going to see him again hit me when his coffin was lowering in that whole on the ground. I was in complete denial. I wanted to stay blind and pretend that all of this never happened; that he never left, that he never died, to the point of hoping that we never met.

 

But on that last part, as soon as I wished it I regret it because the memories that I have of my life were only memories of him, the good and the bad. In my whole life, he was the only one I've ever loved, and it hasn't stopped, not until this day.

 

 

For the next couple of months, I stayed locked up in my room, a place filled with his presence.

 

Nobody was able to make me come out of there, not even my parents.

 

I think I've lost my mind during those days because I remember seeing him. It was like he never left. He was there, 24/7, by my side as we hung out like we used to do. But as the day passed, I felt him slipping away from me until he was completely out of my sight. I couldn't feel him around anymore and it scared me. I didn't want to go on with nothing left. I felt so empty inside and so pissed off at the world because everything was taken away from me.

 

And since I had nothing left, I didn't find a reason to stay when I could be having an ever after with him.

 

My heart stopped beating until I found myself in a white room away from everything and everyone. I was locked up in a different world.

 

An empty one.

 

I don't really remember how I got there, but I couldn't care less. I lost track of time, not really caring about my surroundings when the only thing I ever wanted was to just turn back time when everything wasn't so screwed up as it was now, when I could see myself having a life with my one and only.

 

And that's when he cried for me.

 

 

Five years later, I was back living a dull life. I based my life on school and work and nothing else.

 

But for some reason, on that one night, I decided to go out and try to enjoy a life that other people my age were having. I wasn't expecting anything much as I was just looking at the people around drinking and dancing, completely unaware of their surroundings as I was doing the same.

 

That's when I turned my head around and saw something familiar, or more as in someone. I thought I was going crazy again which only made me a little bit angry and irritated.

 

I remember not being really nice to the stranger who came and sat next to me as he offered me a drink. I saw him the week after and this time I knew I wasn't dreaming.

 

It was him; the one I lost so long ago.

 

Though we spent the night together, he didn't seem to remember who I was, and from his attitude I was sure that I was mistaking him for somebody else. But deep down, I could feel my heart beat's quicken pace when I was looking at him and the last time I felt this way was when he was still alive.

 

A part of me wished it to be him, but the other part just kept telling me that he was just some doppelganger; a stranger from the street with the exact same physique as the one I loved.

 

 

From then on, we spent the next couple of months hanging out together. Having him around only made me remind myself of what I lost and as a result, I kept him around me, because I would be thinking about the past and not looking what was right in front of me.

 

When I thought I was moving on, I was set back with horrible nightmares that would happen when my trigger was switched on. Usually I would spend those nights alone and cry, wishing to be held in someone's arm, or at least the one that I'm used too.

 

 

This stranger came into my house and turned my life upside down. He's only seen me at my worst and yet he stayed around, trying to help me get through this phase.

 

Now that I think about it, I never really thanked him properly for that…

 

 

We've been through a lot and yet I lost him.

 

Because I haven't moved on, I pushed him away so he could continue on with his life without me like he did… Like he did in those five years we were separated.

 

 

By a twist of Fate, that same stranger turned out to be my lost love.

 

Well, more of a new him.

 

He wasn't the man I fell in love with but yet, he makes my heart beat.

 

He wasn't the man that promised me a future, but yet he offered me this possibility.

 

He wasn't the man of my dreams, but yet he would be the one I think about when he isn't around, and lately that's all I ever do.

 

Being alone again, I realized that I do miss him… I just miss everything about him… I guess pushing him away was a bad idea after all.

 

 

Even though he's not the man he used to be, my heart still craves for every part of him.

 

Will I ever move on?

I guess writing this to you, ladies & gentlemen,

Is my first step closer to a brighter future, but still wrapped up in a cold world.

 

 

It's my first step closer to him; to the man waiting for me, to the man I pushed away because I was afraid to leave everything behind and to forget.

 

I don't want to forget, and yet I don't want to remember.

 

 

It's so bittersweet.

 

 
 
 
author's notes