Escaped Animals

A Life Worth Living

(Sooyoung's POV)

 

Am I dreaming?

 
Is this the real life?
 
Or is this just fantasy?
 
Caught in a landslide, no es-
 
Sorry.
 
Jessica Jung, the renowned Ice Princess was on my back.
 
HO MAI GAHD.
 
Calm down, Sooyoung.
 
Honestly, I hated acting like an idiot. Not because of Yoona and Yuri, they're fun to be around, but I was insecure (kinda). And I felt that since everyone thought that I was "Sooyoung, the hyper idiot giant," I had to live up to those expectations.
 
It was nice to be able to be serious for a change.
 
Anyway.
 
We had just passed the penguin enclosure, and I spotted a vacant bench. Placing Jessica down gently, I sat down myself. I looked back into the direction we had came from, and I saw the rest of the group trailing behind, laughing to themselves, with the exception of Hyoyeon. She had disappeared again. Our resident dancing queen had a habit of vanishing and reappearing at strange times. Who knows where she had gone now?
 
"Yah!" I shouted, "Hurry up, you snails!"
"Yeah yeah, we're coming!" Yoona shouted back.
Miraculously, Sica was still asleep.
"Hey,"I nudged her, "Sica, wake up."
 
No response.
 
Suddenly, Hyoyeon materialised behind us. "Don't worry, I have a cucumber."
"WHAT THE FRICK?!" I jumped up. "WHERE THE HELL DID YOU COME FROM?!"
 
Sica was still asleep.
 
"I just went to get a cucumber, you know for emergencies like this."
 
At the mention of the word 'cucumber' a second time, Jessica sat up in a flash, "DID SOMEONE SAY CUCUMBER."
"Yes," Hyoyeon and I nodded.
"NOOOOO GET IT AWAY FROM MEEEEEEEE!" Jessica squealed.
Hyoyeon tossed the cucumber into the neighbouring rhino enclosure, whose inhabitants sniffed suspiciously before stuffing their faces. 
"There. Done."
"Where did you even get that?" I asked.
"I went down to the cafe and asked for one."
"O...kay..."
"What? I'm being serious!"
 
Yoona and the others had finally caught up with us.
"What just happened?" Sunny asked, with a very confused tone. She surveyed the crime scene, and saw the rhino happily eating the cucumber and sighed, "Nevermind."
 
Jessica was curled up into a ball on the bench, shaking and whimpering. Tiffany was the only one who managed to return her to her normal state.
 
After the excitement faded, we continued walking. Everything was fine.
 
Then we reached the giraffes.
 
I never want to go there ever again.
 
"Hey Sooyoung! Look! It's your long lost family!" joked Yuri.
 
Oh god. Why.
 
Unfortunately for me, everyone else found that absolutely hilarious.
 
"Sooyoung! Give your aunt a kiss!" Yoona cried as she pushed my head to the giraffe that had approached us, hearing the commotion.
 
Yeah.
 
Guess what?
 
It ate my hair.
 
Then it my face.
 
Of course, my wonderful friends did ever so much to help me.
 
YoonYul were on the floor, in tears of laughter, Hyoyeon had disappeared again, Tiffany was using Taeyeon as support, to prevent herself from falling over, and Taeyeon had nearly wet herself laughing.
 
That hurt.
 
Kim Taeyeon hardly laughed like that.
 
Not even at Gag Concert.
 
Maybe I should become a comedian.
 
And as I stood there, unable to make myself do anything, Jessica grabbed my hand and dragged my to the nearest bathroom.
 
She helped me wash my face, and cleaned me up.
 
I should could have kissed her.
 
The whole time these events unfolded, neither of us had spoken a word. Nothing needed to be said. She looked at me and blushed, then headed towards the exit.
 
Before she could leave, I grabbed her wrist. "Sica, I need to tell you something."
Her cheeks were now a deep shade of red, and she tried to remain as calm as possible, "Y-yeah?" she stammered.
I breathed in deeply, preparing myself for the worst. 
 
 "I like you."
 
Thank god it was over.
 
She looked at her feet, and muttered something almost inaudible.
 
"I like you too."
 
OH. MAI. GAHT
 
THIS WAS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE.
 
I broke out into a stupid grin, and I hugged her.
 
Thank you, giraffe. Thank you.
 
Now, I had to inform the zoo staff that two savage beasts by the names of Yoona and Yuri were on the loose
 
 
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
So here's the second part :D
 
SooSica is progressing much faster than TaeNy.
 
They should get a move on.
 
Come on, Tae! When are you going to confess?
 
Hehehehe
 
Thanks for your comments :)
 
Farewell.
 
May the Force be with you.