If Only

A Life Worth Living

(Taeyeon's POV)

 

We both tumbled onto the grass, huffing and puffing.
 
Tiffany had her eyes shut, and she turned to face me with a big grin.
"Does my hand feel nice, Taeyeon?" 
 
I looked at our hands, and saw that she had mine in her grip.
 
Yes.
 
It did feel nice.
 
Not that I was going to tell her, of course.
 
"Yes." DAMMIT TAEYEON. 
 
We fell silent. Our hands left each other, and we lay there awkwardly, staring at the passing clouds. Well not really, because the clouds weren't passing. They just clumped together  in a vast, grey, blanket.
 
Which meant that it was going to rain, and that we should run for shelter.
 
I turned to look at Tiffany. She seemed to deep in thought. My eyes landed on her face, examining the contours. Gazing at her features, my view shifted, and I found myself looking a little lower than I should have been. 
 
She wouldn't notice if I, you know, had a look, right?
 
NO TAEYEON.
 
STAHP.
 
But…but…but…
 
Oh fine. You can look.
 
Wait, why am I having a conversation with myself?
 
Nevermind.
 
Bewbs.
 
Then there was thunder. I sat up in surprise, and voiced the first thing on my mind.
 
"S."
 
.
 
See, this is why I can't be within a ten metre radius of Tiffany.
 
"Taeyeon, I don't think this is the right time to be erted," Tiffany said.
 
She was right,  seeing as it was pouring. But, of course, a certain organ somewhere in my upper body decided to do the exact opposite to what was the norm. 
 
And I just stood there, like an idiot.
 
"Ugh. Taeyeon,  now's not the time to have a mental breakdown!" Tiffany groaned.
She grabbed my hand and dragged me to the largest tree. 
 
We were soaked, cold, and in the middle of the school oval, far away from the rest of the school.
 
Perfect.
 
Now I could her, and no one would ever know but us.
 
WHAT THE HELL MAN. JUST WHAT THE HELL.
 
Okay, remember your deep breathing exercises, Taeyeon. 
Now that you have realised that you never learned any deep breathing exercises, bite lip in panic.
 
"Are you alright, Taeyeon?" she asked.
"Y-yeah sure. Just a little cold," I answered. "Why?"
"Well, for starters, you seem to have bitten off half of your lip."
 
I raised my hand to my lips. Looking at my fingertips, I saw they were stained red. Huh. So that's what that metal taste in my mouth was.
 
The rain stopped.
 
Why did it not stop earlier?! It would have saved me a lot of embarrassment and pain.
 
Whovever controls the weather is an . 
 
Tiffany must have dragged me while I was thinking, as I broke from my trance and noticed that we were back in class.
 
"Holy , Tae. What happened to your lip?" Hyoyeon asked.
"Did you and Tiffany have some sort of extremely passionate make-out session?" Haha. Very funny, Yuri.
"I think you're gonna need stitches for that, Tae." That was Sunny. she was probably right.
"How bout a band aid?" asked Jess.
"Don't worry guys," I tried to reassure them. "It's just a flesh wound."
"Yeah, no kidding," said Yuri. 
Technically it was a flesh wound, seeing as it was a wound, concerning my flesh.
 
"Anyway, where did Yoona and Sooyoung go?" I asked.
"Nobody knows. After you two left, they ran too, away from Sergeant Sica over here." Sunny answered.
"Shut up, midget," Jessica groaned.
"I would like to remind you that you are only five centimetres taller than me."
"Once again, Sunny, SHUT UP."
"Geez. Are you on your period?"
"SHUT. YO. FACE."
"I'll take that as a yes."
 
They aren't exactly the kind of people most would want as friends, but they'll do. Then again, we're all a bunch of misfits. 
 
Three hyper giants.
 
One Ice Princess.
 
One aegyo midget.
 
Me, the awkward turtle.
 
But wait, Tiffany's not a misfit. She's an angel. Why does she hang with us anyway?
 
Eh. Who cares.
 
I'm happy just the way we are.
 
Well, not really.
 
If only I were taller...