Taeyeon And The Beanstalk

A Life Worth Living

(Sooyoung's POV)

 

*Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiing*
 
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
 
"No, Sooyoung, control yourself" I thought.
 
I really hated mornings. Like REALLY really. I still do. 
 
"SOO! TURN YOUR GODDAMN ALARM CLOCK OFF! NOT ALL OF US WANT TO GET UP AT 7 AM ON A BLOODY SATURDAY MORNING!" That was my absolutely wonderful sister, Choi Soojin. 
 
No, but seriously, she's awesome.
 
But anyway.
 
Why the hell did I even set the alarm for 7 anyway?!
 
Oh wait.
 
I was supposed to meet Taeyeon at the park. 
 
At 7:30. 
 
And it was 7:15.
 
.
 
I scrambled out of bed, not caring if the blankets had crumpled into what looked like a dying animal on the ground, and ran to get changed.
 
I emerged victorious from my room, at about 7:20.
 
If I ran at full speed, I would arrive in at least ten minutes. 
 
Damn.
 
That meant no breakfast.
 
7:21
 
That was my cue to leave.
 
I dashed out the door, slamming it as I exited the house. Right then, I didn't give two s as to whether Soojin was asleep. I had reached the postbox when realised I was running with only my socks on. 
 
.
 
I ran as fast as I could back, and grabbed my shoes, slipping them on, not caring if they were of the wrong feet.
 
And then I ran again.
 
7:25
 
WHAT?! NO. I'D NEVER MAKE IT IN TIME.
 
Pushing myself to the limit, I sprinted along the sidewalks, twisting as turning at the right points. Soon, I had reached the main road. Right across from the main road was the park. Unfortunately, the road was teeming with cars, unlike the empty sidewalks. 
 
I jabbed the button rapidly, moving my legs as if I had to pee urgently.
 
Which I did.
 
"Come on...come on..." I muttered under my breath. 
 
Red light, green light.
 
The green man flashed, and I resumed my mad run. 
 
Taeyeon was already there, and it was 7:34.
 
Damn.
 
"You're late, shikshin."
"Yeah, yeah. I know."
"Care to explain why?"
"I ran halfway and forgot that I didn't put my shoes on."
"I guess your long legs make up for your lack of brains," she scoffed.
"Ha ha ha."
"Anyway, I brought breakfast, because I thought you'd probably wake up late and end up skipping breakfast in an attempt to finally beat me."
"How'd you know?"
"Oh, I don't know, maybe because it happens every time?"
"Touché, my midget friend, touché."
"Tsk. You're such an idiot, you know that? I live, like, 2 minutes away."
"Yeah, shut up. Gimme that food. I'm starving," I whined.
"As always."
 
I stuffed my face with the delicacies Taeyeon had brought.
"Hey Tae, mhph phmhp mhhhph murrhp hffpmh?" I spoke, trying as best I could not to let my mouth burst open.
"You lost me at "Hey, Tae". Speak after you've eaten."
 
The food I had in my mouth was decimated in a matter of seconds, and I gulped, swallowing all of the matter at once.
 
Taeyeon gaped at me, "How on earth do you eat that fast?"
I shrugged. "Anyway, as I was saying, why do you act so differently in front of me compare to when you're with the others?"
"What do you mean," she asked.
"Well, you're all cool and calm and quiet when you're with them, and when you're with me you're sarcastic and speak your mind," I reasoned.
"I guess it's 'cause you're my best friend," she answered, after thinking for a while.
"Aww. How sweet of you."
"Hey, it's not like I had a choice," she chuckled.
"Thanks man. I feel great now." I said, dryly.
"I was just kidding. But seriously. You ARE my best friend."
"Yes, I know that. Anyway, why are we here?"
"Oh yeah, I have something to tell you, well, ask you actually." She exclaimed.
"Fire away."
"Does Jessica like you?"
"I dunno, does she?"
"Does she know you like her?"
"Nope. I don't think so."
"Huh. I think she likes you though."
"Yeah, but I can't be sure yet. How 'bout you? When are you palming to confess to Tiffany?"
She sighed, "I don't know. What if she doesn't like me back?"
"Are you serious?" I gaped at her. "Did what happen yesterday not give you a clue?"
"But she does that to Sunny and Jessica!" She argued.
"So?! She did it to you, so it means you must be on the same level as them, maybe even higher! Would like me to ask Sunny?" I wriggled my eyebrows.
"Hell no! And never do that again. It's disgusting." She replied.
"Alright then."
 
Sunny would know about this first thing on Monday.
 
 
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
Oh Sooyoung...
 
Things are getting interesting...
 
 
Yeah so, double update, cause I felt like it.
 
...
 
This system isn't going to get me very far...
 
 
I'll just update every two days, then.
 
Kay.
 
Bye!