Streamers

A Life Worth Living

Hyomin found Hyoyeon sitting atop a big rock, shoes and socks off, silently watching the still water. Her back was facing Hyomin, the sun softly glinting off her blonde hair.
"Hyo?" Hyomin called out. She was ignored, Hyoyeon simply flicked her hair out of her face and continued to stare at the water. Unfazed by the lack of reaction, Hyomin sat down on the grass next to the rock and took her shoes and socks off as well. She dipped her feet in precariously.

"Don't do that," Hyoyeon snapped.

Hyomin's head flicked towards her, but Hyoyeon remained staring at the water.

"You'll scare the fish away."

The two sat in silence, with Hyomin staring at Hyoyeon's line. She seemed to be catching nothing.

"Do you ever catch anything?" asked Hyomin.
After a short pause, Hyoyeon responded, "no. Rarely. There are hardly any fish here. And if there ever are fish, they pretend I don't exist."
"Are you implying something?"
"Maybe, maybe not. That's up to you to decide."
"Well I'm guessing that the fish in question here are actually your negligent friends, am I right?" Hyomin asked, trying to focus on a swaying branch across the stream.

Hyoyeon remained silent.

"No," she finally answered.
"No?" Hyomin was puzzled. Who was she talking about, then?

"I don't have any friends," it was barely a whisper, but Hyomin heard it. And she felt pity, she pitied the girl sitting next to her.
"What makes you think so?"
"They don't treat me as a friend, but rather as an object that should be convenient when needed and scarce when it serves no purpose," Hyoyeon scoffed, she threw her rod down and laid back over the rock. "But then again, I don't do much to change that," she sighed, closing her eyes.

Hyomin shifted her attention from the branch back to Hyoyeon, wondering what she could possibly tell someone who didn't particularly want to listen.
"Well," she sighed as she propped herself up with her hands, "if they don't want you, I'll have you."
Hyoyeon didn't open her eyes, but instead turned in the direction of Hyomin's voice. She allowed herself a small smile.
"If possible, I'd rather not be something that can be claimed, preferably an individual."
Hyomin moved closer to her, and slid a flower she had picked earlier into Hyoyoen's hair, smiling broadly.
"I'm sorry, whether you like it or not, you're now my best friend," she laughed.
Hyoyeon chuckled, "what makes you think I want to be your best friend?"
Hyomin held Hyoyeon's hands in her own and lifted them onto her lap.

"I just know," she grinned, "we both know."

"You know what Hyomin, I hate that you're right," Hyoyeon grinned back, standing up slowly, making sure the flower didn't fall out. She stepped into the water precariously, with Hyomin eyeing her every move. She stared back, leaning down slowly, dipping her hands into the water.

In a swift movement, completely unavoidable, drops of water rained down upon Hyomin, who laughed and ran in to join her. Soon, the two were soaked, their faces painted with a sheen of water and happiness. The volume of their laughter and squeals didn't worry them; they were in their own world. 

And they were happy there.

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

I am slowly running out of ideas

=_=

*sigh*

Maybe I'll end this soon

It doesn't really even have a plot

Just the antics of SNSD

and their emotional troubles.

Basically my emotional troubles.

but you love me, right?

ahahahha

pls comment subscribe and what not.

Even though I don't acknowledge those actions often I still appreciate them.

But anyway,

Look forward to a Taengsic fic full of fluff and Taeyeon and Jessica and the duck :D