Sherlock Yoon and Yul Watson

A Life Worth Living

(Yoona's POV)

 

It was a cold, freezing day in the wintry month of January.
 
Perfect for an outing to the zoo.
 
And that's where we, Taeyeon, Tiffany, Jessica, Sunny, Yuri, Sooyoung, Hyoyeon, and I, went. Seohyun was occupied with her unnecessary studies, and did not accompany us.
 
"Why of all the days in the year did you pick this freaking freezing cold one?!" Sunny screamed.
"What? I think the weather's fine," Jessica brushed her of nonchalantly.
Those two were definitely true to their names.
 
After paying for our tickets, we entered the zoo.
"So, what do you guys want to see first?" Taeyeon asked.
"Penguins!" said Jessica.
"Otters!" shouted Hyoyeon.
"Giraffes!" said Yuri, Sooyoung and I, all at the same time. We had rehearsed this prior to the outing.
"Anything's fine," grumbled Sunny.
"I'll do whatever you guys do," Tiffany shrugged.
"All right then. We'll just go to the otters first, 'cause they're the closest."
"Yay!"
 
Hyoyeon skipped along excitedly at the thought of being able to see the otters. Sunny was still hunched up in her coat, grumbling to herself. Yuri, Sooyoung, and I were hatching a plan to kill the batman. Taeyeon and Tiffany lagged behind, talking about the weather. 
 
Tsk.
 
They're so boring.
 
We reached the otter enclosure, only to find an empty habitat, with a small sign pasted onto the glass:
 
"We regret to inform you that our two otters have passed away from old age.
We apologise for the inconvenience. New otters will be placed in the enclosure
as soon as possible."
 
Hyoyeon, our confident, charismatic, dancing queen, turned into a weak blubbering mass.
"But...but...it won't be the same!" She sobbed.
"Hyo, have you even those otters?" Sooyoung asked.
"Nope." Surprisingly, she had already recovered and was leading us to our next destination. "What are you guys waiting for? Let's go! To the penguins!"
 
I broke away from the main group (that is, Yuri and Sooyoung) and walked at a slower pace to enjoy the view. Taeyeon and Tiffany didn't notice this, and continued walking at their own pace. 
 
Then it happened.
 
Tiffany slid her hand into Taeyeon's.
 
I'm pretty sure Taeyeon blushed, and that's not something you see everyday. Actually, that's not something you see at all. Taeyeon's normally calm and collected, and nothing fazes her. In all the years I've know her, which is three, I have never, not once, seen her blush.
 
Well, except for that day in class, but it was because of Tiffany.
 
WAIT.
 
Because of Tiffany.
 
Aha!
 
Taeyeon likes Tiffany!
 
Ohohohohoho.
 
Time to play Cupid.
 
I rushed up to Yuri, and told her what I had deduced.
 
That's right, deduced.
 
Sherlock Yoon was on the case!
 
Sunny must've heard what we were talking about, as she slammed our heads together, and shook her head. "Nuh uh. Taeyeon and Tiffany will get together, I'll make sure of that, but you two will play no part in it."
"What?! That's not fair!" I whined.
"It would be stupid to trust the two of you with anything as serious as this. And who knows what you might end up doing?! Anyways, I know Tiffany the best, and I'm a pro at reading people, so you kiddies just run along and let the grown up(s) do all the work." She brushed us off.
Sunny did have a point there. I, for one, barely knew anything about Tiffany.
 
But how were we kids?!
 
We're taller than her!
 
That midget.
 
"Oh, and Yoona? Height doesn't determine mental maturity." She added.
 
What.
 
How did she do that?
 
She read my mind!
 
"Oh god, Yoona, you're thinking out loud again," Yuri sighed.
"Oh. Oops," I said.
Sunny facepalmed herself, "I'm surrounded by idiots..." she sighed.
"Hey! What did I do?!" Yuri shouted.
"Let's not even go there."
"Sunnnnyyy!" Tiffany squealed, as she ran up to us with a flustered Taeyeon in tow.
"What?"
"Penguiiiinnssss!" Tiffany's eyes were now compressed into curved slits on her face, and she was grinning from ear to ear. Taeyeon was just standing stiffly, staring into space.
"I thought that was Sica's thing? Why are you so excited?" Yuri asked.
"Sica fell asleep. Don't ask me how. Her body works in strange ways. Sooyoung's carrying her to the bench," Tiffany answered, as she pointed us to the direction in which Sooyoung and Jessica were headed.
 
My head instinctively turned to Yuri, and vice versa.
"You thinking what I'm thinking, Y1?" I asked.
"I think so, Y2," replied Yuri.
"You guys are crazy," Sunny groaned.
 
I smell a new couple.
 
 
 
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
So this is two-part chapter.
 
Maybe I'll update tonight, maybe I'll update tomorrow.
 
Haven't even written the rest yet.
 
LOL
 
'Cause YOLO right?   <- wut.
 
Yeah, so comment, cause it makes me feel important ;)
 
HUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUE.
 
I should go now.
 
Bye.