Simple

A Life Worth Living

(Jessica's POV)

 

Sooyoung and I walked towards the school gates, ready to head home. She held on to my hand tightly, not ready to lose me in the sea of students, which did not part easily. As we passed, some of those students eyed us disdainfully, and began speaking in low murmurs.

 
"Oh look, it's the lesbians."
"That's not natural."
"Ew."
"I feel so sorry for their parents."
"Aren't they part of that gay bandwagon? Y'know, with Taeyeon and Tiffany and the other 'things'"
 
Those words made me feel very extremely insecure. Sooyoung sensed this and squeezed my hand gently.
"Don't worry about them," she said.
"How can I not? They are acting as if we aren't here at all, like we're invisible," I huffed.
"Well if they'll pretend we're invisible, we can pretend they're invisible too, can't we baby?"
"Call me baby again," I grinned.
"Ahaha," she smiled, "fine then. Baby. Baby. Baaaabbyyyyy~ You are my babyyy~" she sang, and tapped my nose with her finger.
 
I loved how she made me forget my problems so easily. We were in our own little world. Just the two of us, me and the person I loved. 
 
"POOOYOOUUNGG!"
 
Well maybe not anymore.
 
Yoona ran towards us, tackling Sooyoung and ruffling her hair. 
"WUDDUP BUDDEH!" she yelled, as though we couldn't hear her.
Sooyoung's demeanour immediately changed.
She growled at her, "what do you want, Im Yoona."
"Eeyyy, don't be like that. Stop holding that giraffe incident against us, it helped you two get together!" Yoona pointed out.
 
She had a point there.
 
"Aish. Fine, you butthead," said Sooyoung, as she ruffled Yoona's hair, "how can anyone stay mad at you?"
We laughed together. All was forgiven.
 
Well maybe not all, but close enough.
 
"Where's Yuri?" I asked. I hadn't seen her all day.
"I dunno, she seemed really deep in thought today, so I just let her be," Yoona was just as curious as we were. 
 
Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Taeyeon, of course, not without Tiffany. They were hidden behind a large tree, making out passionately.
 
My jaw dropped. Eyes fixated on the sight, I grabbed Sooyoung.
"Hey look at that!" I said, pointing straight at them.
"Huh wha- ooh I see," the two of us stared.
"Watcha lookin- oh wow that's pretty hot," Yoona joined us, and soon we were just standing and staring at the sight with open mouths like idiots.
 
I have no idea how long we stared for, but it was long enough for Taeyeon to have noticed us.
"Hey! What are you look- Ooooh, I see, do you guys wanna join us?" asked Taeyeon, wiggling her eyebrows.
Tiffany slapped her arm, "Tae! Control yourself!" She blushed.
"Aw come on Fany, you know you want it too."
Tiffany slapped her again, this time, harder.
"Ow ow ow okay okay I'm sorry!"
They head over to us hand in hand.
"So," began Taeyeon, "what are we gonna do?"
 
Sunny and Hyomin had arrived too, and Hyoyeon had appeared.
 
"Well, since we all have partners, lets go on a quadruple date!" I suggested.
"Wait Hyoyeon and I don't have partners," said Yoona.
"Oh nevermind that, you can go with each other," Taeyeon simply brushed her aside.
"Eh whatever."
"So, now that's out of the way, I propose having ice-cream. I'm hungry," Sooyoung grabbed my hand and began walking.
 
Typical, food always came first.
 
Though I was jealous, I realised that food was essential to keeping Sooyoung alive, so why should I disturb that relationship? After all, I did reap the most part of the benefits.
 
But I loved our relationship, between me and her. It may not have been as lovey-dovey as Taeyeon and Tiffany's, but it was comfortable, exactly like a normal friendship, but with more affection and physical contact. We didn't need to remind each other how much one of us loved the other, nor did we have to be constantly side by side. 
 
To be honest, while most people would consider a relationship like Taeyeon and Tiffany's perfect in every way, I preferred my own. 
 
But that is simply my opinion.
 
On the topic of relationships, Hyomin and Sunny were progressing very quickly. It was very easy to see that Hyomin was ecstatic at the fact that she had been accepted after what seemed like years of unrequited love, but we all knew that Sunny spent her time under the pretense of dislike basking in the attention she was receiving.
 
Truth be told, we all had a hand in helping them get together, even Hyoyeon. While Sunny ignored the advances of Hyomin, Hyomin befriended us in hope of achieving a romantic relationship. The only reason she even bothered for all those years was because she knew Sunny liked her back.
 
Tiffany was the main source of information, seeing as she was the closest to Sunny. She confirmed the fact that Sunny like Hyomin back. 
 
I was in charge of helping Hyomin with the presents she sent over the years, helping her choose things Sunny liked. 
 
Taeyeon was in charge of delivering the gifts to Sunny's locker, as they were next to each other's, and she had long figured out Sunny's locker code.
 
Sooyoung told Hyomin about Sunny's timetable, as they had the most classes together.
 
Hyoyeon updated Hyomin constantly on Sunny's whereabouts, courtesy of her disappearing act.
 
Yoona and Yuri played a big part towards the end, when they 'locked' TaeNy in the closet, they made sure to grab Sunny as well, and arranged for Hyomin to coincidentally walk by. 
 
How did we know they would get together on that day? 
 
We didn't.
 
We just picked a day when Sunny would feel mentally exhausted.
 
And then we hoped.
 
We prayed for the best.
 
And it worked.
 
Sunny still didn't know that we all knew Hyomin personally.
 
And she would introduce her to us.
 
Right about...Now.
 
"Oh yeah! Guys! This is Hyomin, my girlfriend! I hope you can be friends!" she chirped.
 
See? What did I tell you?
 
"Oh don't worry Sunny, we're already great friends," said Taeyeon.
"Aww Tae that's nice."
"No we really are already great friends," I interrupted.
Hyomin walked over to Sooyoung and draped her arm over her shoulder, and bumped fists with her, "Hey man thanks for your help, thank all of you," she smiled.
"Wait," Sunny squinted her eyes, "you all knew each other? And what do you mean, 'help'?" 
"Oh nothing," Tiffany replied innocently. 
 
"Just that we helped you two get together without you knowing," She added
 
Sunny was extremely confused, "I don't know if I should be angry or thankful or both."
"Aww bunny, why would you be angry?" asked Hyomin.
"I don't know, maybe because my own friends kept a secret involving me, from me, for five years?!"
 
Oopsies.
 
 
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
Aw man I am so bad at updating things
As Jessica said, Oopsies.
But anyway.
SNSD CONCERT IN SINGAPORE.
WHY
AM
I
IN
AUSTRALIA
WESTERN AUSTRALIA
THE LAND OF NOTHING.
.
GODDAMMIT.
MY DAD IS IN SINGAPORE RIGHT NOW.
IT'S THE SCHOOL HOLIDAYS.
WHY AM I NOT IN SINGAPORE.
ARGH.
IT'S WHERE I BELONG ANYWAY.
I SWEAR
BEFORE I DIE
I WILL GO TO AN SNSD CONCERT. 
MARK MY WORDS.