Closeted

A Life Worth Living

(Sunny's POV)

 
 "All right people, we have a mission to complete. Let's do this!"
 
How did I get dragged into this?
 
Yuri and Yoona had planned something for Taeyeon and Tiffany. I was somehow roped in along with Seohyun.
 
"Unnie, um, I need to go and-" Seohyun was cut off before she could finish.
"Shush!" hissed Yoona. "We have to be stealthy and unnoticeable!"
Seohyun and I rolled our eyes. 
"Alright maggots!" said Yuri.
"Wait, maggots?" I asked.
"Don't talk back to your commanding officers, recruit!" Yoona glared at me as though I had committed a crime.
"Commanding officer?!" I was appalled. There was no way in hell I would let those two lead me.
"SHUT IT!" hissed Yuri in a harsh whisper. She composed herself before continuing.
"As I was saying, our plan is to lock Taeyeon and Tiffany in the broom closet."
"Why?" asked Seohyun.
"So they can 'get to know' each other better," replied Yuri with a wink.
"What? Don't they already kno- OH GOD EW UNNIE YOU SICK MINDED PEOPLE! I REFUSE TO ASSOCI-" Yoona clamped her hand over the struggling Seohyun's mouth and nodded towards Yuri.
 
Looks like I was being led by them, against my own will.
 
Yoona pulled out a strip of cloth she had ready and gagged Seohyun. 
"Uh, Yoona?" I began, "Isn't that pretty much kidnap?"
"SHUT IT RECRUIT, THE TARGETS ARE APPROACHING!" she spat.
 
Literally.
 
A drop of saliva landed in my eye.
 
Ew.
 
Wiping the spit from my face, I peeped out from the sofa Yoona and Yuri had 'inconspicuously' moved to hide behind. Right in the middle of the corridor. Tiffany was swinging Taeyeon's hand as they walked. Taeyeon was smiling like an idiot.
 
Oh Taeyeon.
 
As they passed the open closet door, 
Yuri sprang out at an inhuman speed and pushed them in. Before either Taeyeon or Tiffany could say anything, Yoona was already locking the closed door. Taeyeon had caught on as to what was happening, "YOONA! YOU LIDDLE SHIET. GET US OUT NOW."
"Nuh uh. No can do."
I SWEAR. ONE DAY I-" Taeyeon stopped midsentence as Tiffany started calming her down.
"Shhhh. Calm down Tae-Tae, we'll get out soon enough."
"But, but Tiffany!"
"I don't understand why I'm here," I said turning to Yuri and Yoona.
"WAIT. SUNNY?! YOU WERE PART OF THIS?!" Tiffany screamed.
"Calm yo woman. I was forced here, and so was Seohyun."
"Wait, Seohyun? Why can't I hear her?" Taeyeon asked.
"We have made sure she will never speak again." Yuri answered.
"Oh my god. Did you...did you kill her?"
"Don't worry Tiff, they just gagged her."
"Oh. Phew. At least she isn't- YOU GAGGED HER?!"
"We should go now Yuri," said Yoona, as she hoisted a writhing Seohyun onto her shoulder.
"Why don't you put Seohyun down, so I can take care of her?" I suggested.
Yoona narrowed her eyes, "no. You have be fraternising with the enemy. We can no longer trust you."
With that, they fled.
"Sorry guys, I can't help you. Yoona ran off with the key, and I doubt I'll have any luck trying to get it from her," I said.
Taeyeon sighed, "it's alright. We'll just wait till they come back."
"Shouldn't I tell someone?"
"Well, normally you would, but since we're following the normal fanfic guidelines, we aren't suppose to get any help and find a way toget out some how," she reasoned.
"Wait, fanfic? So this isn't real?" asked Tiffany.
"No no no. I still love you, it's just that, well, ugh. Nevermind. I'll explain this later, when we get out. My mind is preoccupied right now," Taeyeon said quickly.
"Sorry guys, if I don't leave now I'll be late," it looked like they'd have to stay there for a while.
"Yeah. See ya," they muttered.
 
As I headed down to class, I heard rapid footsteps approaching from behind me.
"Wait! Sunny!"
 
Oh dear. Not again.
 
I spun around, "what do you want, Hyomin?"
Hyomin doubled over panting.
"If that's all, I shall be leaving."
"No! Wait! Sheesh Sunny, why can't you give me a chance?"
"A chance for what? Do you not learn after 5 years of rejection?" 
"Well...no. Obviously not, but the thought that there's hope is good enough for me."
"Ha. Hope? Fat chance," I scoffed.
"Hey," she shrugged, " if it's a chance, I'll take it."
"Piss off Hyomin," I turned to walk away.
"Do you still like Sooyoung?" And I stopped, and spun around on my heel.
She continued, "you do, don't you? Ha. Why can't you just see what's in front of you?" By then, Hyomin was already looking very agitated. I couldn't blame her, I mean, who wouldn't be pissed after what, a million rejections? She really did't deserve this, and nor do I. She was wasting too much of her time chasing a person like me. 
 
I, for one, would have like nothing better than to have hugged her there and then, but I had my pride to uphold. Would she think of me as fickle if I suddenly had a change of heart? Maybe not suddenly, I have liked her for quite a while now.  But would she still like me? After all the pain I caused her? After I told I didn't want or need her? Would she still love me? 
 
"Sunny. Hey, wake up."
 
Heck, what would it matter?
 
I grabbed her forcefully, staring into her eyes for a brief moment, and kissed her as I had longed to. She stood in shock and slowly grasped the situation. I felt her smile against my lips, and I smiled with her. Hyomin laughed. I had never heard her laugh, in all the time she had pestered me; I had only seen her smile for afar, and that was enough for me. Now that she was within my reach, I had more than I could have ever asked for, someone who loved me without a doubt.
 
"To answer your question, no, I do not like Sooyoung, and I never did," I said. I continued, "Why can't I see what's in front of me? I have. I've seen it for a very long time. In fact, I've done more than just see. I have observed, watched over, admired and loved. Is that enough?"
She beamed, "The fact that I have you in my arms is more than enough, Sunny."
"I really don't deserve you."
"I know, but I think after all the trials and tribulations I had to go through, I at least deserve you. I also think I deserve another kiss."
I leaned forward and have her a quick peck. She pouted.
"Nuh uh. Let's start from the beginning. You haven't even asked me out yet."
"Sheesh. I've done that so many times. Will I get another no again?"
"Not this time," I shook my head, "but unless you ask you'll never know."
"Well then, Sunny. Will you go out with me?"
"I'll get back to you later."
"Hey!"
"Oh calm down Hyominnie. Yes, yes I will."
"Hyominnie? I like the sound of that."
 
Realising that we were late, started walking again. 
 
And then she took my hand, held it in her own, her fingers between mine.
"By the way, what did you do with all the things I sent you?" she asked, cocking her head to the side.
"I kept them. I put them all in a special box."
A comfortable silence fell between us and she smiled, as did I.
 
Today, I gave someone my love.
 
Today, I was happy.
 
 
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
I'm baaaaack :D
 
Yes.
 
Sunbyung.
 
SUNBYUNG 4 LYFE.
 
Just hold up people.
 
There will be more cheesiness to come ;)