The Runaways

A Life Worth Living

(Jessica's POV)

 

That was random. It took a while for my brain to process the chain of events that just occurred.
"What just happened?" a voiced I recognised as Hyoyeon's asked.
"I'm not quite sure..." That was Yoona. I almost forgot they were there. 
 
And then my thoughts were rudely interrupted by fingers clicking in front of my face.
 
"WHAT," I snapped
"Sheesh, someone's uptight today."
Oh. It was just Yuri. One of the annoying tall ones. What was it that made all the tall people annoying as hell? Well, that's excluding Seohyun. Seohyun would never annoy anyone. Or anything for that matter. 
 
"Piss off, Yuri," I muttered.
"Wow, Sica. Rude."
"Don't you be talkin' to mah big sis like that!"
"Mhmm, you go girl!"
Great. Just great. Instead of having to deal with just one, I had to deal with three annoying arses. As if Sooyoung wasn't enough. 
"Argh! You guys are driving me crazy!" I screamed and pulled at my hair.
"Oh yeah, Sica. I know I drive you crazy." Sooyoung walked slowly towards me and wiggled her eyebrows. 
 
Ugh.
 
 Could someone please remind me why I like her? I mean, uh , could someone please remind me why we're friends? Yes, that's better. At least I didn't say it out loud.
 
"Sica. SICA," another set of fingers was clicking in front of my face. 
"Uh what?" I was a little dazed, but the words came out fine.
"You were spacing out. And mumbling some stuff," Sunny answered.
 
Crap.
 
I nearly said it out loud.
 
I should have been more careful.
 
What if she had heard me?
 
What if-
 
Ow.
 
What the frick?
 
Yoona just slapped me on the cheek. 
 
How dare she?
 
"She's awake!" 
 
My face. My poor face.
I stood there holding my cheek. 
 
An awkward silence ensued.
"....Aaaaand she's pissed. Good job, Yoona. It's always a good idea to attack the Princess, ya know?" Sooyoung's voice was laced with sarcasm.
"Yeah...I didn't think that through. Now, it's time for me make like a tree and leave," and with that, Yoona dashed away.
 
Blind rage took over my mind and I began shouting. 
 
"YOOONAAAAA! WHAT THE F-"
Before I could say more, a hand was clamped over my open mouth. Arms restrained me as I continued writhing in their grip. 
 
That retard would be dead the next time I saw her.
 
Calming down a little, my thrashing ceased and I was released.
"God, Sica. You really need to learn how to control yourself," said Sunny.
"Yeah, yeah. Speak for yourself. Seems like someone forgot what happened in 8th Grade," I replied dryly.
Sunny froze, "Never. Ever. EVER, speak of that again. EVEEER."
"Why? What happened?" Hyoyeon asked. "Tell me. Tell me!"
"Well...back in 8th grade s-"
"Shut. It." Have you ever seen an angry Sunny? Trust me, it's not a pretty sight. "One more word and you'll end up like them."
 
Of course I shut my trap.
 
Did I mention that Sunny had beaten up people before? No? You'd never be able to tell just by looking or talking to her. You always found out the hard way. I found out after she punched me when we were teasing her. The bruise lasted for two months. 
 
I still shudder thinking about it. 
 
Brrr.
 
Sooyoung peered at me with a concerned look. "Hey, are you okay?" she asked. 
 
Awww. She cares! I mean, ahem, why does she care? Pfft. I'm not even her girl...fr..ie...n..d. 
 
NO. STOP IT JESS. NEIN. ANDWAE. NON. 
 
"Yeah, I'm fine," I replied. "Why?"
"I dunno. I thought I saw you shudder. Are you cold?"
"Maybe."
"WELL YOU CAN GO FREEZE YOUR ARSE OFF, PREENSESSEU. AHAHA!" 
She just had to say 'princess' in English, didn't she? And like the three before her, she ran out.
 
What was it with people and charging out the door today?
 
 
 
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
I never thought that writing a fic would be so fun :D
 
Thanks for subscribing guys ^3^