Breakfast at Tiffany's

A Life Worth Living

(Taeyeon's POV)

 

It happened again.
 
Tiffany held my hand.
 
This had to be a dream. 
 
I bit my tongue just to check.
 
Ow.
 
No, it was not a dream.
 
I tried retracting my hand, but she gripped it tightly, and just smiled at me. I almost melted. Almost, but I didn't, so I just blushed really hard. 
 
Yup, Taeyeon, that wasn't obvious at all.
 
We continued walking to the mall, and she swung our hands. My heart pounded within my chest, and I felt my ears heat up. And then I tripped over a bug. Don't ask. I have no idea how. Things happen when you're in love.
 
She suddenly stopped, and as I wasn't paying attention to my steps, I walked into a tree. Quite a large one, in fact. Not noticing my blunder, she squealed and pointed at a stall.
"Ooh! Tae-Tae! Can we get ice cream?" she pleaded.
 
Ugh. Why was she so cute? Why was she so sweet? Why was she so loveable? 
 
"Y-yeah s-sure!" I stuttered. Way to go, Taeyeon. Confidence, to the max.
"Yaaaay!" Dragging me along, she dashed up to the stall, "one strawberry and one mint choc-chip please!"
 
Mint choc chip?
 
Before my thoughts progressed any further, a cone was towards my face. "Here you go Tae!
 
Mint choc chip.
 
"T-thanks," I took a of my ice cream, and she grabbed my hand again. 
"Let's go to the park!"
"Okay..."
And I was dragged away once more.
 
We found a little patch of sun on the snow and basked in the warm light, leaning on each other's backs. As we ate our ice creams in silence, I tried to stabilise myself by propping my free hand by my side. This resulted in me accidentally placing my hand on Tiffany's.
"Leave it there," she said, just as I was about to remove it. I did so, and was quite sure that my face had turned bright red, and it wasn't because of the sun.
 
Nothing was said for a while, until we both finished and stood up, my hand never leaving hers. "I don't really feel like going to the mall anymore," she said. I just nodded.
"Why don't we take a walk by the river?" I suggested.
"Alright then."
 
Though wintry days are normally drab and dull, the sun had made a rare appearance and the snow and ice on the river were glittering like Christmas lights. The trees were painted white with snow, as were the footpaths.
 
Tiffany was swinging our hands again. 
 
We walked for about twenty minutes, and ended up at the top of a tall hill, which had a bench that faced the wide river. Sitting down wordlessly, we marvelled at the warm glow of the setting sun. 
 
Then Tiffany rested her head in my shoulder. My breath hitched, and I stiffened up almost immediately. 
 
"Tae?"
"Hmm?"
"Do you like me?" 
"U-uh as a-a-a f-fr-iend?" 
She laughed at me.
"Aww, you're so cute! It's okay."
"Huh?" I was very confused.
"Nevermind. Don't you just get jealous of Sooyoung and Jess?"
Huh? Did she like Jessica? Or was it Sooyoung? That double crossing backstabber. 
"No, I don't like either of them."
"That's not what I meant silly, don't you want a relationship like that?"
"Why are we talking about this Tiffany?"
"Ugh. You're so dense," she huffed, obviously irritated. 
 
Shifting her entire body to face me, she grabbed my cheeks. I was even more confused. 
"Umm...Tiff?" 
"Kim Taeyeon. I. Love. You."
"W-what?" Holy mother of God.
"Oh my god. I. Freaking. Love. You."
 
Our faces were already so close together, and I could feel her warm breath on mine. She was staring deeply into my eyes, searching my soul for an answer.
 
And then I kissed her.
 
It was the best decision of my life.
 
Her grip on my face loosened, and her hands slipped around my neck, while my own hands caressed her face, deepening the already passionate kiss. 
 
When we finally pulled apart, we were both panting, and she smiled brighter than I had even seen her smile. I pecked her on the lips, and she giggled.
 
We stood up from the bench and went to lie on the snow, and hugged each other tightly, our foreheads pressing against each other.
 
I spoke first, in a whisper, "I love you." 
She said nothing.
I hugged her tighter, nuzzling my face in her neck, and repeated my words, "I love you. I love you, I love you, I love you." 
She did the same to me, and I felt her smile against my neck. We lay there, our bodies intertwined and in each other's embrace, for quite a while, and somehow we managed to head over to Tiffany's house, where we resumed our hugging session on the bed.
"Can you stay with me, Taeyeon?"
I smiled at her, "Of course I will."
 
I informed my mother of my decision, and went back to cuddling Tiffany. She was already asleep when I arrived, and she seemed to be having a nightmare. Tears were streaming down her face, soaking her pillow, and she was shaking and whimpering. I scooted closer to her and wrapped my arms around her tightly, whispering words of comfort and wiping her eyes dry. She stopped shaking and sniffed, before making herself comfortable in my arms. I closed my eyes contentedly, and drifted off the sleep with a smile on my face.
 
I couldn't wait for tomorrow.
 
Breakfast at Tiffany's.
 
 
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
OOHHHHHH
 
MY TAENY FEEEELSS :D
 
That was the fluffiest thing I have ever written.
 
Even fluffier than the SooSica thing.
 
Yeah sorry for the late update.
 
I am really bad at managing my time.
 
And rying to imagine their "date" was so hard.
 
By the way, it's winter in the story, in like January.
 
Why? 
 
Because I live in Australia and it's winter here.
 
Thanks for reading and subscribing ^^