Secrets (And Deep Stuff)

A Life Worth Living

(Tiffany's POV)

 

Morning broke, and I woke up to the most unpleasant burning sensation on my face. I had left the curtains open again.
 
Sitting up on the bed, I rubbed my eyes groggily and stared out the window. The sun was shining brightly, white and puffy clouds drifted along in the blue sky. It was going to be a great day. 
 
Now, if those stupid birds would just shut up, that'd be great.
 
I propped myself up with my hands, and accidentally placed my left one on Sunny's face.
"Ugggh, what?" She groaned.
"Wakey wakey, Sunny Bunny!" I screamed.
"How does one change from being so depressed to being all cheerful and cute?" She asked.
I fell silent. If she hadn't reminded me, I would have probably forgotten.
 
I guess it would be best if I just explained everything.
 
Okay. 
 
Where should I start?
 
My mother's death?
 
Alright then.
 
So.
 
When I was about 13, my father passed away, leaving me and my mother to fend for ourselves. Of course, to my dear mother, this was a devastating blow, and she began to consume alcohol, eventually becoming an alcoholic. 
 
And then one day, she thought that the best way to solve all of HER problems was to stab herself in front of me.
 
Yup.
 
What a caring mother I had.
 
HAD.
 
I still have nightmares, five years on, but they are a lot more horrific, involving endless amounts of blood and hysterical cackling, coupled with my pleading shrieks and tears.
 
At that point, I had received a scholarship to the same high school that Jessica and stuff would attend. 
 
Not that I knew that.
 
Watching a parent die in front of their eyes is not something a child would like to see, so I spent much of my time alone, trying to get over the horror. 
 
I would often sit alone under a tree at the far end of the field, contemplating life and death. If not for Sunny, I don't think I would have ever made any friends. 
 
School had ended, and all the students rushed out to their waiting parents. Seeing this, I teared up, knowing that I would never be able to do that again. Sunny saw me crying, and followed me to the tree. She sat with me, in total silence, and stared ahead, while I cried.
"Care to tell me what happened?" She asked softly.
"No." I replied, barely louder than a whisper. 
 
From that day on, she spent all the time she could, sitting with me under that tree. I eventually warmed up to her, and spilled my secrets. She taught me to be strong, to believe in myself, and to move on.
 
This may sound really stupid, but she was literally 'Sunny' as she brightened up my dark and gloomy mind, and I somehow ended up with some of her brightness.
 
But where there's light, there's shadow. 
 
Of course I had my ups and downs, but I have moved on.
 
Far away, from the ashes I made of the bridges I left behind, because no heart's incapable of withstanding the pain of losing one thing. No matter how big a wound is left, it'll heal. Maybe it'll leave a scar, but we learn from our mistakes, from the scars left behind. And the scars will fade.
 
It'll get better.
 
And the age-old phrase comes to mind : "Believe".
 
Maybe it's not exactly a phrase, but eh.
 
So anyway. 
 
I had a sad life. 
 
I dealt with it.
 
Still kinda sad though.
 
But I have my friends, and they give me strength, they are the strength I do not have. 
 
And I will walk down this new road with a smile on my face, no matter what happens.
 
Because I know I'm not alone.
 
"Yo, Tiff. Why are you crying?" Sunny asked.
"Wow, Sunny. Great way to ruin the moment. I was just making an awesome, inspirational speech in my head and it was deep and . And then you had to come and ruin it."
"Well sorry, how was I supposed to know that? And you just started crying out of nowhere! I was genuinely concerned!" She argued.
I engulfed her in a warm hug.
"I don't know what I'd do without you," I whispered.
"Geez Tiff, are you bipolar or something?"  She returned my hug, and we sat there for a few moments until she spoke.
 
"Taeyeon should be here instead of me"
I snorted "Oh yeah? Well, you've got to help me change that."
"Hey, isn't that what friends are for?"
"Looks like there are still some things I've to do before I go," I laughed.
"You're not going anywhere, missy, not for the next eighty years," Sunny grinned.
 
If Taeyeon wasn't here, I'd probably have gone for Sunny. But she was here and that's all I needed. 
 
That, and maybe a kiss. 
 
Or two.
 
Or ten.
 
Or a million.
 
You know what? I'm just going to claim Taeyeon as mine.
 
Then I would have all the kisses I wanted.
 
 
 
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
Wooooooo!
 
Update!
 
And now you know why Tiffany's such a depressed person!
 
 
Kay. I'm done.
 
 
Bye bye~