Getting To Know

The Bad Guy I'm In Love With

 

Chapter 9
Getting To Know You

 

'Since we're getting married, we have to make people believe, we knew each other long enough to be in love.' I heard him say, by the kitchen counter. 'What's your idea?' I asked, flickering the TV channel. 'Personality quiz with good ol' rock-paper-scissors game?' he suggested. He came back with a mug of coffee.
 
'I love crabs..' I said,
 
'I don't like turning off the light.' Chan said. I stared. 'If you don't turn off the light, how will you sleep?' I asked.
 
'You cover your eyes with a pillow..'
 
'What a waste of electricity.' I resumed. 'My favourite colour is purple.'
 
'Mine is blue.'
 
Chansung slams his mug on the table. "What's the best thing that ever happened to you?" I asked.
 
"Meeting a person and be ensured that they remember you the next time we meet." He said.
 
Chansung go-fish a card. "If you have millions in your hand, what would you do?" 
 
"I'd take my friends to places like Machu Pichu." I beamed.
 
"I've been there. Machu Pichu. Trust me, it's a bit blant there." Chansung said, as he threw the card in the pool.
---
 
'I'm hungry..' I grumbled. 'Let's have dinner then..' Chan suggested and led both of us down the lobby, in a 5-star lounge.
 
'I usually love food, but I don't know why, when I eat with you.. I tend to feel full.' He snickered. 'It’s the way your stomach to tell you -surrender all your food to her-' I said, with rice stuffed in my mouth. He giggled. 'Silly.'
 
'What about Hara? Aren't you going to tell her?' I asked. 'Oh yeah.' He ruffled for his phone in his pocket, caressing his jackets and finally found it in his pants pocket. He dials and gave Hara a call. Maybe marrying a friend wouldn't hurt.
 
He's not really that bad. He got the looks too. And the brains.
 
I still remember he said to me years ago, he wanted to be a lawyer, I guess he took a detour.Watching him calling, smiling wide, showing his pearl white teeths, and looking at all the other girls at the restaurant, including the waitress, oh my, don't they look jealouse…
 
Why not?
 I'm having a dine with sharp looking guy, with fashion sense to match his fat wallet. Then. I started to look at him differently. He is some-what...charming. What if we were a couple?
 
He took my hand, and kissed them with his lips. With lurking naughty palm that glides on my thighs, keeping eye contact, infurior. Then, he fed me like a baby, carefully, and wiped the smudge off my face. "What are you doing later?" I nervously asked him. "Taking you to my room." He winked. "Then, have you nibble my lower lips, with or without your permission."
Gah... If only. 
 
She glides the slice of meat on her lips, nibbling with them, foolishly.
 
But I feared, what would mom say. I never had a boyfriend before and suddenly got married??
 
What would Hae say? She'd be ecstatic. Of course.
What about dad?
Would he disapprove my credibility as a doctor?
What would Khun say?
 
She finds herself sacrificing quite a lot to satisfy Chan's need. But she can't afford to just walk out. He's the only person she knew here at this foreign island. He helped her earlier. So, out of gratitude..marriage?
 
'Its OK, after 6 months we'll be together… 6 months is how many days?' he chuckled. 'I'll call you..bye.' he hung up. I ate the meat half-heartedly. 'What's up with you…' he leaned back. 'I kept thinking if this is a right thing to do… I am really not sure.' I muttered. 'Don't worry…we'll be fine. Waiter! Bills..' he said.