Old Newspaper

The Bad Guy I'm In Love With

 

Chapter 1
Old Newspaper

 

I had flowers on my door step as I was yawning the morning away with my drafty eyes, another wrong delivery which occurred one too many times. I quickly rang on my neighbour's doorstep, and it was for her and that she was expecting it from her husband.
 
With a slightly annoyed smile, I said, 'Well, maybe next time your lovely husband should remember where your house is…' and her response was, slamming the door right in my face. As if those were the first. I walked carelessly back to my mansion block, upstairs. In my robe…as if I care.
 
I cooked myself a great omelette like the years before, and it hadn't change much. Sorry, I meant it hadn't change, AT ALL.
It's always that toasts, and omelette, crisp scent of caffeine with good ol' morning news. So much for an organised girl myself.
'Instead of clicking your friends with your co-work, how bout' finding a mate for yourself, ha? It pains me to see you living your misery life without a partner…' As if I feed on this sarcasting comments of my mother. She called me old newspapers for not having a boyfriend since toddlers till I'm in my 20s.I don't know if I should take that as a compliment or not, but I always thought old newspapers are very useful. Convenient most of the time.
'Convenient as a sh*t wrappers~' says Hae. Yeah, she's my bestest friend ever. She's been with no one. So, I always thought she has no rights to question my declaration of independence. 'You may think I am not qualified to nag you about having a relationship, because I don't have one…' Hae shrugged her shoulder as we were walking down the streets, with coffee in her right, and a last season's Louis Vuitton bag on her left.
 
'-Actually you have, none.' I said with a grin, with both my hands in my pocket. 'Ugh~ Hey! I do not have to be reminded, hello…am single and loving it…' Hea turned to me as we were walking. 'See, that's why I never bothered looking for one..' I said as we both cross the street. 'At least, meet one. Get on the blind date I've been arranging for you.' Hae slipped her arms to mine as we were walking yet another 5 blocks to where I work.
 
'Meet them, talk to them. And if you don’t like them, ditch them…' Hae made it sound like its like kindergarten's ABC. 'Hae. I can't do that. I don't like to hurt other people's feeling…they have feelings…' I said with my eyes wandering around, looking down on our path, passing other people walking the opposing way. 'See, you get too attached to people. Girls aren't suppose to be that way…' says Hae patted my arms. "You should touch, and go..."
 
I paused and turned to her. 'You're the reason why all those Kpop artist have been writing heart-breaking songs, because of girls like you~' I pouted at her and resumed walking. "PSY don't." Hae shrugged. I turned and started to walk away, and Hae tailed me. 'But why not~ I mean…' Hae continues to spread her belief. "I hate to say this, but the glow I used to see in you, is fading. At this age, you should be losing you ity."
 
"Not everything is about . I happen to have a lot of other things in my mind." I muttered. "Other important things." I looked her in the eye. "Like Khun?" Hae asked.
 
"My sanity." I fired. "You are so in-need of a man. You have to be in the pool. You have to look, around you." Hae stopped me by the traffic light, and pin-point the guys around the area. Now they started to stare at me, like hungry hyena. "You should be in a better candy store..." Hae turned to me, and put both her hands on each of my shoulder, "...Not standing in line."
 
I threw my head back in frustration, and freed myself from her grasp. Hae was just standing there as I walk away. I turned to her one last time. "...Maybe I don't mind standing in line." I shrugged my shoulders and continued walking.
 
Hae grunts in frustration. "...You are a sad, sad, sad soul. Hey! Wait up!"