Parents Opposed!

The Bad Guy I'm In Love With

 

Chapter 6
Parent Opposed!

As I was munching on the feast, Chansung got a phone call. 'Hey babe..' He started. 'He never changes..' I whispered. I eavesdropped on the conversation. He turns out to be exactly what I expect him to be. That's probably one of his 16 year old girlfriends. Asking if he is available for a date in a cinema of which he will said no to, because he is working when actually he is with another girl on a cruise.
 
Wait. 
 
That's me.
 
'I just arrived. Yeah~ I'll see you tonight? OK. Bye..' he smiled and hung up, then frowned whe he turned to me. He placed his phone on the side, and I saw the wallpaper clearly. Its someone I knew. Big eyes, ant-sized waist, long straight hair, not mistaken.
'You're still with her?' I started. 'What? Who?' he asked, and ate a small piece of beef. 'Hara.' I paused. 'Since high school?' I continued. He nodded and slurps in the mushroom soup. 'You knew?' He asked. 'Who doesn't? The whole school knew..' I resumed eating. 'I've spent my final year in school being nagged by teachers. Not to have girlfriends..I wonder why they oppose the relationship..' Chansung said with a thin smile.
 
'Intelligence level…' I mumbled quietly. 'What? (MWO??!)' He glared and the whole restaurant stared. 'What did you say?' Chan said. Chan apologised to the audience, before resuming.
 
'To be honest, she's not up to your level. She can't even spell her name right. And you were the school's superstar. There are no match…' I kept on talking avoiding contacts. 'Frankly, you guys looks good together from the outside, but brains…' I said with my upper lips touching my nose. 'Not so..' I continued.
 
Chan set down his chopsticks, angrily. 'We'll stay together till the end, I assure you that.' He said, leaning, talking to the nonchalant me. When he went to pay up for the food, I sneaked out and disappear.
 
He turned. 'Where did she go?' he looks around.
 
I dragged my bag to the nearby inn. Happy Inn. I am going to need those happy flares. The rent was OK, and as soon as I get my day job, I'll pay them up. 'Do you know any place that has a job interview?' I asked the old lady in the front desk. 'Not sure..' then she remembered something.
 
'…I just remembered my daughter is going to go to an interview tomorrow, at the Lotte Hotel & Resort, just down the street..' She said with a cheerful tone.
 
'Why don't you settle in your room first and go ahead, check the requirements in the flyer available at the hotel..' says the ahjumma. I nodded and went to my room. It was not perfect but I'll live. After a quick wash, I rush out.
 
'Down the street you say?' I said. 'Yea, you can't miss it, it’s the huge building with luxury writtened all-over it, literally.' She said and pin points the direction.
 
Chansung was asked to report himself to his dad's office, only that daddy's not there. He's on the screen. All the way from Italy. And mum, also on the screen. From Thailand. The family were on Skype. Triple call at once. Chansung looking so nonchalant, he threw himself on the couch, laying on his stomach, cupped his face, staring at virtual mum and dad.
 
'How was your trip?' Mum asked.
'Interesting.' He answered, looking else where.
'Where's Hara?' Dad asked.
'Somewhere on the island..' Chan took out his PSP and started playing it.
 
'You tell him..' No you..' 'You're his mother, you tell!' Mum and dad argued.
 
'How about I tell myself?' Chan said, with his eyes fixed on the PSP. 'What is it?' Chan continued.
 
'We're arranging you a marriage.' Mum spilled. Chan dropped his PSP. 'I am not going to do it!' He said, sitting up, folding his arm, pouting.
 
'You have no choice. Either you get married with the lady we chose or, you'll be…' Dad halted. '…Or you'll be listed out of the conglomerate family tree.' Mum continued father's sentence. 'Haha~ and who will replace our families business?' Chan shuddered.
 
'Your first cousin. Taec.' Mom and dad answered at the same time. 'What?! You chose him over your own son!!!' Chan glared. 'Its either you get married..or this will be gone..' Mum said. 'What if I have someone I want to marry?' Chan whispered. 'Yes?' Mum asked. 'What if, I already have a person I want to marry?' He raises his voice.
 
'I guess that can be brought…' Dad mutteres gibberish but he was stopped by mum. 'Exactly who, Channie?' Mum asked, leaning over closer. He smiled but his mother rejects even before he said anything. 'No-no-no! Not her! Not Hara~' Mum chanted to the skies.
 
'Son, Hara is pretty and all but, she doesn't fit you… Our family is known for producing good seeds in our family.' Dad said, while mum whines, cursing herself. She butts in when dad was speaking, like she always does. 'She's not from our class! Pretty, and very charming, but she has an empty brain~ Channie! For crying out… Mummy objects HARA!!!' Mum yelled.
 
Chan spend a moment thinking. 'It wasn't Hara…mom.' He said. He looked up, to his parents. On skype. 'Not Hara?' his parents asked. Mum was flapping the hand-held fan that her hair flips everytime she flaps.
---
I don't like where this is going.. Am I lost? I hadn't find any building.. I have to ask. 'Excuse me, where is the Lotte Hotel?' I asked some locals. 'Its right this way, right where you're heading.. Its covered up by this huge tree..Go walk straight ahead.' He said in a deep Jeju-do accent.
 
I almost can't understand. Walking small steps towards the huge building, I am now searching for the front desk to ask for the pamphlet. When I got them, I sat on the waiting couch, also in leather, the lobby looked superior. This is where the rich come out and play ha~ it'll be fun for those who has too much money.
Chan walked out the golden lift, taking off his cap and gave it to the front desk. 'Heyya…help me send this over. I forgot to leave it in the office…' he taps the marble counter and saw her. 'Seon Mi..' he thought. He had the biggest smile you've ever seen on a person. All his teeth was showing.
 
He ran to her. As she was earnestly reading.
 
'Marry me.' This tall-builded guy who stood next to me, suddenly said. I can forgive him if he's senile, or old…but~ Chansung?