Presuming VS Assuming

The Bad Guy I'm In Love With
Chapter17
Presuming VS Assuming

A friend once told me, assumptions kills. I used to laugh at what he says, only know do I realised, it was no joke. What he said was no joke. Funny that life seems so uncaring at times, and at others, life is the only you have left to protect.
 
You often forget that the other half had a heart, had a brain. Thoughts. And feelings. We are the only living things on earth that knows how to lie. Animals, they cheated death.
 
But even they don't even know what it means. So how do we, humans ever thought of suicide when in nature, animals fought for their lives? Have we stoop so low that we don't even appreciate what our lives mean to us? You don't know how many times I've come across the thoughts of suicide. Not how...but why.
 
During my days as medical student, the most crucial moment was when you had to deal with psychopath patients. Its when you realised, are they the psychopath, or are you. So this is what it feels like to be jealouse. This is what its like to have vengeance...to stab someone more than once. Not to make sure that they're dead, but that they pay. To what they had done to you.
 
There she is, smiling, grinning...laughing, till the whole crowd stares at her. Touching him. Leaning. Appeasing him. Him, who is by law, my fiance.
 
The fashion show setting is over the top glamorous. I was expecting high-class celebs, royalties even, but as the law states, those of the front seats are always wealthy bidders. "Hello miss, you are a celebrity?" An ahjumma asked. Well, judging from her striking pink golfer cap, long-sleeved Tshirts, and tracksuits, she can't be a celeb. "No, I am not. I am just here to watch." I smiled, politely. "You sure looked-like one, I am suppose to sit right there next to crow-nose rocker with shades on indoors, but I think I'm going to sit here instead. Is that OK with you." She said and placed her golf magazine beside me. "Since you're a bidder, don't you think it's better for you to be in the front? You have money at stake and all..." I reminded her. I was uneasy about having someone who doesn't belong where they should, especially when it occurs in front of me. "No... I heard this season is a bit flawed. I was just hear to fill the invitation. He's a good friend of mine, but he's getting very old. His designs are slowly fading, I'm afraid. He is giving all those new designers too much room to grow in his boutique, soon they are taking over." She said with a sigh, and took off her cap.
 
Then I saw her angelic motherly face, she had my mothers' eyes. I miss her. She patted my thighs. "See that young man over there, with the girl," she points at Chansung and Hara, "He is eyeing for a share, now that he has one, he wants to own the whole lot. Bad boy, that one." She looked really upset with Chansung. "Business," she sighs loudly, "...a dirty game to play. Someone gains when someone else loses." I took a deep look into that couple.
 
They do look good together, ever since high school. Is it bad if I say, I wanted to be next to him? The fashion show's lights and music started, brighter lights go dim, and the crowd focuses on the runway. But I can help staring at the door, just wanting to leave. Since I am not needed here. I just came to fill in the invitation. Well, I'm not even invited. At the grand entrance, I saw a quite familiar face. His brownish hair, and that smile, it can't be him. No. Not this time. And he's not alone.
 
[Chansung POV] 
The fashion show was just a social tie. Everyone knew I was in for the market. No surprise there. The Hwangs have already made their mark in the fashion and entertainment industry, this is the next logical step. No doubt. I am doing him a favour, this designer needs a 911 rescue, and I'm the paramedic. Speaking of paramedic, where is that twig-like cutie face? Isn't she supposed to be here by now? A waiter passed by and handed me a mineral water.
 
"Sparkling please. This doesn't sparkle, at all." Hara demanded as she look through the wine glass. The hall is filling up, and still no sign of her. Omi-ya. Are you lost? I told you the directions correctly didn't I? Did I? There's that ahjumma I never liked. Isn't she supposed to sit on this row? What she's doing there? Oh wait, she's being friendly with a lady. Hmm. She looks like Omi. So there you are. I remember those thighs. It looks as good as it feels. (Chuckles)
 
"Oppa. Where is Busan? Is that even in South Korea?" Hara asked. "Yes. Yes, it is." Chansung smiled. That's a joke, right Hara? You knew where it is. Then, I was interfered with a slap on the back. And there's only one person in this whole wide world who had the nerve to do that. "I really don't like calling people bastard, but I heard you got engaged, and that girl next to you..." Taec looks at Chansung with a smile, "...isn't her." I my lower lip, taken aback with what he said.
 
"What do you want Taec?". Taec shrugged. "Nothing you can offer, Channie... You can bribe your way out all the time," Taec took a fork and stabbed it on a piece of slice watermelon, "...but I thought I made it clear that I want nothing to do with your dirty money. Or should I make you remember, by taking the only thing you don't want, at the first place?" He pointed to Omi. "Her." Chansung snickered, "You should know better." Taecyeon's face stiffens. "You are no better man at all, Chansung. Seems that she means nothing to you. But you got to beware, Channie-boy. That thing right there is a show stopper. No matter what schemes you are playing on your parents, count me out. Because the only thing that stands in my way to this legacy...is you." Taecyeon stood up. 
 
The light dims, and Taecyeon disappear into thin air. Taecyeon walked out, and Chansung kept a look out, making sure he did leave the premises.
 
Just then, he saw a ridiculously good-looking guy, all-smiles and walking hand-in-hand with a girl. Decided not to make a big deal out of it, he looks to Omi's way. She just stares for awhile, looked away, then down, biting her lips. Her grip on her handbag tightens, and he could hear her sniff. Then it hits him.
 
"Khun."
 
Chansung's brains are working hard to figure out something.
 
How to get Hara's off the scene without hurting her. Taec answers Chan's call. "You don't have to like me, but I need you to do something."
 
In just a few minutes, Hara's phone beeped. "Aaaa oppa... I have a photoshoot I had to go. Why all of the sudden... But if you want me to stay, I'll stay." Hara cuddled. "Of course I don't want you to go...of course no... No-no, yeah. You should go." Chan said. Hara soon got up and gave Chan a kiss on the cheek.
 
Soon, he marched right up to Omi. He bowed and gave her a peck on the lips. "What are you doing here? I was waiting for you over there." He nudged to where he was seated. "But I thought..." I stammered, in the midst of all the confusion. "...Thought what? Come on, I've spent 10 minutes without you and I'm already thinking about suicide. Save me..." He closes his eyes ans he pleas. The ahjumma next to her, was glazing with jealousy. He stretch his hand to be taken by Omi, and she did. Hesitantly. 
 

OK, I admit, this chapter is (yawn) so-so...But please stay subscribed. You know that behind every boring chapters, comes the exciting one...Heheh...