Cruel. Cruel Fate

The Bad Guy I'm In Love With

 

Chapter 5
Cruel Fate

Looking at the endless sea horizon, I was aching out my buttocks are so numb for sitting too long. I find the urge to ask when we would be arriving, I mean like, seriously. Sitting next to a window hadn't made time travel fast, and as though I don't mind, my is killing me. Really killing me.

 

'Jeogiyeo…(excuse me) What time would we be arriving in Jeju-do?' I poked the guy who was sleeping, next to my seat, on my right. Poked quite a number of time, then a response. He keeps his head low, still, but some answer. 'What time is it?' He asked.
 
'Half past 8.' I answered when I looked at my watch. 'In another 10 minutes..' He answered and folded his arm to snooze more. 'One more thing, is there any restaurant there that has crab delicacies? I'm currently craving for one.' I said with a smile. But what's the point, he's not looking at me.
 
'Of course there is, you're in an island.' He muttered, and I remembered how captivating his annoyed voice sound like. That nose. That lips... That mouth. 
 
Snap out of it!
 
Is this some thought you should be having on a person you barely knew..??!
 
Then he sat up straight, fixed his cap, and gitters in his seat, while looking to his right away from her sight.
Her hands was playing with the keychain Khun gave her earlier. For some reason, she can't threw this one away. As her fingers twisted it on, and letting it slip off simultaneously. The guy beside her looked at her lap where she played with the keychain.
 
While her face was facing to the window, away from his sight. And the keychain fell.
 
He took the responsibilities to pick them up. She shyly held her hair away from her sight, and show her face. Having a black hair, with brown sparkling almond-shaped eyes, skin that's looks like it'll bleed out easily if touched, and legs that are covered with jeans, man she is something.
 
Her casuality made her different. Too casual. Very our of the ordinary. I've probably never met a girl this laid-back, he thought.
 
Wait~! I know this person! Her head was blinking alarms. So did he.
 
'Hwang Chansung/Shin Seon Mi??!' they both yelled.
 
He started off with a snicker. 'Tck~ Of all places, of all people..' He said. 'Your lousy attitude, never changed, still living in the past?' I bit my lower lip in dissatifaction.
 
Hwang Chansung.. My senior, who is also my arch enemy. We knew each other through school match in chess. Eventhough he looks real dumb, he's pretty good in chess.
 
[FLASHBACK] 'When are you guys going to end this game, its been two days, and none of you are giving off!' teacher kneeled in frustration. 'Give up.' He smirked. 'Over my dead body.' I hissed.
[FLASHBACK ENDS]
 
And the game ended when Hae turn over the board. She declared us both having a draw. Since then, I've stayed away from having any competitions with him. And soon he graduates, and left the school for good. He's born rich. Being an only child, he was once a player. I don't know what his parents do, but they're filthy rich. Cliche. The main male character in every love story, has to be rich. Can you blame 'em? Judging today's life expense, hell-yeah they ought to be insanely rich, and ravishly, eye-candy.
 
'What took Spongebob to Jeju-do?' He jokingly said. 'Spongebob? Come on, that was years ago.' I said, looking away. 'Nothing have quite change in your appearance.'
 
I lied, she looks pretty… Chansung thought.
 
'Anyways, I am on my way to Jeju-do for a job..' I lied to him. He nodded pouting his lips. 'Aren’t you like, the smartest most geek-iest girl in school? You score quite an impressive GPA, I heard.' He said. That was half true. I am smart, and my GPA are my pride. But I was not a geek!
 
'I am not a geek. That is personal, and you shouldn't be asking about it because I don't give a damn what you're doing here in Jeju-do!' I glared. 'I would tell you even if you're not asking.' He chuckled, he turned to a snob in a blink of a second.
 
'I am taking over the family business, just finished MBA in London's Business School like my ancestors did. And for your information, MBA is Masters in Business Administration.' He said.
 
I scoffed. Snob little son of a b----. 'I'm surprised that you ever graduated… with your GPA marks.' I folded my arms.
 
He slide down,a little, showing his laid back nature. He turned to me as he fix his hat. "Why? Did it hurt your pride?". 
 
Why you madafaka...
 
Soon we arrived. We were suppose to carry our own bag, and my bag was way inside the cargo. There's no way my not-that-short arms could reach it, and my strength could've not pull it off from other bags that's piling on. I stood at the very edge of the harbour just so that I could reach it but, I can't. Chansung stretches his arm and at the jiffy, he took out his bag real fast.
 
Chansung saw her having trouble to grab her bag, and walked away. He had one hand in his pocket, and the other holding his bag over his shoulder. 'Ho~ Wow, I almost fell..' I whispered to myself. The service here are so…%$#@^&*
 
Then, a huge build man pushes me aside and pulled my bag. When he got them, he threw it on the ground. He was chewing on gums. I looked at him, and then face down to recover the bag's strap. I had trouble carrying them. And he kept looking.
I brace myself and started a few shaky steps away from him, and he followed.
 
It was fine for me this morning because I could have pulled in the rollers, but it broke when it got into the ferry. If I pull it, I'll drag it on the concrete floor, and have it damaged. If I were to carry them…Sigh~ And the bag suddenly slips off her shoulders, the straps broke.
 
Before I could recover my bag, it was taken by another hand that's bigger than mine, he tied them up so it can be carried. It was Chansung. Is it time to declare defeat? I mean, a simple thank you wouldn't hurt now right?
 
'Thanks…' I shudder my chest, following him by his side. I was half-frighten with what he'll say in return. After a split moment of silent…he finally said something.
 
'Who knows, I might be needing your help in the future…' Chansung said with a smile. More like a smirk to me. 'Do you even know where you're going to stay?" He asked. I shook my head and he glanced.
 
'What ever it is you're running away from..You can't live here long. How will you get money?' He asked. We were taking our time on the Harbour side. 'I'll work. I'll stay somewhere.' I mumbled. I stared at the swing of his step when I walked beside him.
 
'Well, this is a friendly suggestion… How about I'll send you off to an inn I know, that has quite a cheap fee, and is in the middle town. Easy for you to…find a..job?' He said and we reached his Cadillac Escalade EXT in black. It was sort of expensive looking truck, fit for a traveler.
 
'I know we don't click to each other.. But I am no as evil as what you thought I am..' He said, and set down my bag in front of me. 'Thanks but no thanks..' I denied and took my bag and he gave a small hand in lifting them up for me. 'I should go now…' I said.
 
Brr~ My stomach betrayed me again. Must you make this sound at the time like this!
 
Next I found myself in a diner with dozen of food ordered. Chansung was pinching rice with his fingers and stuffed the small amount in his mouth. I can feel that he felt I'm amusing, somehow.
 
'Eat slowly! You're gonna get indigestion in that speed!' he slightly yelled. '…Its not like the food will ran off the table if you eat slowly, sheesh..' he continued. 'Before, I didn't have any strength to argue with you.. Now that I do.. Go away!' I glared. 'Fine, you'll pay up then!' He said and was about to leave before I held his knee with my chopsticks. 'I don't have any money~…' I giggled.