Khun's Homecoming

The Bad Guy I'm In Love With

Chapter 2

Khun's Homecoming


When I got to my department, there's hardly any time to sit and think. There were three quick surgeries for the last 5 hours at work, today only. I took specialisation in child health care, but it seems to me that everyone's piling all their works to me. Sheesh.  But I was enjoying the moment, being wanted all the time, and of course saving people's live.

'Good afternoon..' a strict voice came in our doctor's lounge. He walks in with both hands behind his back. We stood up to hear what he has to say. 'I need to see you in my office.' He said when he walks by me. I gulped.

 'Shut the door.' He said, sitting on his desk, flipping papers. 'Is there any complaints?' I finally find a voice to talk. 'I was very dissappointed by the fact that you were in the ICU department. Don't you know it was for seniors only? You were a rookie!' he raised his voice.  I was living this 21 years, pushing myself harder than anyone else, just so that I can live up to my father's expectation. And still is, when I chose this profession, alongside him, I knew I was going to be commented most of the time.  'You're my daughter. When people see the way you work, what they saw was the way I taught you. I want to hear your reasons.' He said, huskily. '..I, Mr. Kim. He, I..I turn up for him. Since he had an emergancy call…' I said. 'They were other doctors to replace him, and you should've stayed away-'

 '-Aren’t our job is to save as many lives we can? I am your daughter, and forgive me for replying you with this tone, but… here I am not your daughter, I am your trainee. And just so you know, I am working hard to get an A for my report.' I said, stuttering with slightly teary eyes because I had never raised my voice to my dad before.

"I'm sorry I'm not good enough for you." I mumbled. Dad looked speechless.

 I walked out the room and bowed reluctantly. Soon it was end of the day, as a rookie and an under-graduate who was studying medical, I was let off early. I was here only for 6 months, and that 6 months is soon coming to an end.  Today was the last day before a year and a half holiday, waiting for the final report, written by my father. I can't wait to see Seoul the way I've always wanted, hanging out with friends of my age and catching up with todays gossips.

 'I think I'm heading home for the holidays before the next semester..' I called mum, drawing random shapes on my kitchen counter. 'Really..Alright then..' She said. Mum divorced dad 15 years ago, and since then I lived with mum. I've always been distant from dad. But just like dad, mum was busy with real estate managing, and sometimes on the phone she would be on another phone talking with someone else. Bugs me.  

I find myself rolling on my old comfy bed. Eyes closed. Just drown myself in laziness and the sweetness of it. I get caught up in my own fantasy.

'You missed me?' he whispered in my ear. I nodded. Slowly opening my eyes. The visions flutter like feathers. He was laying on his side, looking at me. 'What took you so long~' I mumbled with my face buried with a pillow. Is this a dream? He took them off. 'Don't cover your face, I can't see your face. Humor me... Took hours to get here and you're giving the pillow.' He said.  

It was so good seeing his face. My escape. My resolution. Can you blame him?

Khun just got back to Korea from Thailand for two weeks for business matters. 'Ack! I almost forgot…' he said and slide off the bed to get to his back pack, two metres away. '…I got you something…where was it.' He mutterd and made all the ruffling. He gave a satisfied sigh and tilt his head back when he got hold of something deep in his bag.

 'Here~.' He said, handling me a small box, as he resides beside me.  'For my greatest gift in the whole wide world. Coming to homeland with me??' I giggled at the end, with that cute love sign. My fingers swim through the torned scented shredded papers, and caught on something solid. I took them out.

'It’s a phone danggle. You know, those things that danggles on your phone?' he said, and took them off my hands.  'We have the same one…see?' he said and took his handphone. 'Want me to hang them on yours?' he said with a smile. I nodded, I guess I was too overwhelmed to say anything at all.

We even got the same phone danggle, and when I got to the washroom…  

Our toothbrushes were on each others side.  

When we drink, we had mugs with our name on it.

 These little things made me flip my stomach.  'You two! Get down here, have something to eat.' Mum yelled. "Race you down stairs." He winked. Then we both started running like kids.

If there's anyone in the world that I'd be comfortable to be insane with... Khun knows. Because it's him.  'Wow~ these are cookies!' Khun exclamate, with wide smile and shrunken eyes. He quickly shove them in his mouth. 'Aha~ since I had my pension, I couldn't find anything to do so I baked… It has a lot more fun than sitting around reading court reports.' Mum chuckled.