Dine With The Hwangs

The Bad Guy I'm In Love With

'I'll pick you up as soon as you're done..' I remember him say. 'Don't bother, I'll get down myself.' He looked annoyed. 'What would that make me look like?' he paused. 'I'll fetch you.' He mutters. 'Somehow I have this strong feeling, that you won't be…' I hissed him off the door. And that was three hours ago. Now, I am leisuring myself in the complete peace. No fighting. No yelling. No tugging. Just..peace.

Submerging myself quite awhile in the tub, I heard my phone vibrating. Its an hour before the dinner, good thing that I am so punctual. I hope he is. But isn't it natural for women to come a little late…so that people would be anticipating? Hm. I like the idea of that. I hum my favourite Linus Blanket melody, and slowly drying my hair in my robe. Take your sweet time…
 
Ten minutes after the dinner starts.
 
Chan was staggering to leave the friends of his father, who keeps talking about his horse and its delivery that costs thousands, and how he's keeping a good breed, what a show off. 'That girl had to be a psychic to have predicted this..' Chan mutteres angrily, hoping no one would notice. And his first cousin came to join his mother, with the ladies. 'What is Channie doing? Isn't he suppose to fetch his girl..?' Taec whispered and looks at Chan with a glass of white wine in his hand. He greeted Chan's mother, or his aunt.
 
Back in the room, she stares at her bare legs, and to her sneakers.
 
Meanwhile, in the hotel room...
 
'Should I wear the gown with…sneakers?' She thought.
 
While...
 
The ball room fills with laughter and businessman-like joy.
 
'Ah~Taeckie!' she sounds cheerful, she glanced to Chan who was busy entertaining the elder guests. 'Ommo~ I can't have him deliver the heels to her…Taeckie, could you be so kind?' his mother said. 'Sure, may I know the heels are?' he said, and leaned a little so that she could reach his ear.
 
'...*whisper*...' She nodded. 'Hurry back with my daughter in law..!' she yelled cheerfully. 'What's her room number?" Taec whispered behind Chan. 'Her who?' Chan replied after a sip of wine. 'Your girl.' Taec said in a disbelieve tone. 'Ah~ 207. Why?' Chan whispered back. 'Mum asked to deliver heels..' Taec said. Chan nodded. 'OK, thanks for helping me out.' Chan said.
 
Taec made his way to second floor, room 207. Holding a pair of pink heels in his left. He rangs the door bell. She yanks the door open, 'I thought you were going to fetch me on time…' She yelled when she opened the door. She was dumbfounded that it wasn't Chan. They stood there gazing weirdly at each other's presence. Taec clears his throat. 'Umm. I am Taec, and I've come to brought you, your heels…since you need one.' He said almost in a news-announcer pronounciation.
 
'Ah~ I'm Shin Seon Mi…' she bowed politely. 'We're late aren’t we?' She mutters in the lift. She held to Taec's arm to fix the strap of her heels before they reach the ballroom floor. She let her hair fall freely, and it surprises Taec of how silky it was. When she was fixing her heel straps, her hair falls, and it flatter her bare milky white shoulder.
 
'You ready?' Taec asked. She nodded and smile. He gave her his arm, gesturing for her to put her arms on it. 'Would it be OK?' She asked, uncertain of the act. This is her first time seeing this person too. 'It's not flattering for a lady looking as pretty as you are to walk alone in a formal party.' He said and pats my hand.
 
The lifts door opens, and I feel the cold air, shudders on my shoulder, and flaps my hair. When I saw the guests, isn't this a private dinner. 'Are all these people Chansung's family?' I timidly asked Taec. 'Most of them are share holders, and business partners, family lawyers, and business advisors… they're like families.' Taec explained, while he proudly brings her over. 'Smile..' he said, 'Everyone is looking at you..'
 
I saw them and smiled the prettiest smile I had.
 
Wow.. Is she the same girl who was in the ferry with me? The girl who eats like hyena? The one I pick up fights with? Is she Shin Seon Mi..? The Shin Seon Mi? Chansung finds himself quite gulping, while he looks at her. A tube gown, with soft pink, sleeveless, and it shows off her shoulder. The heels made her so feminine, so different from what he thought she was.
 
'Elegant pink one shoulder dress from Gucci…elegant indeed.' Chan's mother said with a smile. Taec walked towards Chan, and she lets go of him. Chan had a smile froze on his face. 'What do you think?' I said to him. 'Nicer than before.' His smile quickly disappears. And at times, I could catch him smiling away as we were walking towards his mother, and Taec following behind.
 
'Eomma..' he said. And his mother turns as if she hadn’t seen anything. '..Oh Channie~ Who is this pretty girl??' she sounded like a kid who found her favourite doll. I bowed. 'My name Shin Seon Mi, I recalled we met earlier on Skype?' I said. 'Ah~ of course. Mum's always right.. Look how good I was in choosing her outfits? Its not too tight wasn't it?' she asked in one breathe. I shook my head and thanked her for spending so much for me.
 
'It's not everyday my only son brought his future fiance. It’s a no problem for me…Where is your daddy…Honey! Come..' she gestured to an older-looking man, that kinda looks like Chansung, in his 50s in the future. 'Is this her?' he sounded husk, whispering to Chan, with a profesional tone. 'Very nice choice indeed.' He continued.
 
I shyly looked down. Chan puts his hands on me, to calm my nerves. 'What are you doing…make an announcement..hurry!' his mother pushes Mr. Hwang. It frightens me because Chan is not saying anything at all. Not like his usual self, who would always pick a fight. 'Well..' I said to him. He wasn't looking at me. 'Well..' he replied. 'Say something!' I said. 'I can't think of anything to say…' his eyes wanders around.
 
The time? 9:23PM
 
The mic thug as it was hit. 'Hello everyone…I am Hwang Gil Yeok of Hwang's Corporation. I thank everyone for coming over tonight celebrating for my only son's engagement..Hwang Chansung and Shin Seon Mi..'
 
'Engagement?! All of a sudden?' I said to Chansung. He fixed a smile and looked in my eye. 'Just play along…' he said and waved to his father as the crowd looks at him. His mother was standing on the side of his father, looking graceful. 'Enjoy the night…' the speech ended. 'We've hadn't got any rings..!' I said to Chansung. 'Mum took care of that.' He said as if nothing wrong.
 
'Get on stage..' Mum gestured. Chan led me. When we got on, two hotel staff stood by us and offer a ring. 'I'll go first..' he smiled. Sometimes I can't tell whether his smile is genuine or not. 'Let's live happily together.' He said as he slips it into my ring finger. It was white gold, and looks very expensive. Its very simple just like how I wanted, with little diamonds lined up, covering it in whole.
 
My turn. I was trembling, and Chan stopped me, and gaze into my eyes. 'Take is easy…' as if telling me to calm down. 'To our marriage..' I whispered. Slips his white titanium ring onto his ring finger. The crowd applaud. We both smiled. 'Kiss! Kiss~!Kiss!' the crowd chanted.
 
What to do??? Should we?