I Don't Need Pity

Unchained

 

Chapter 2

 

 

 

 

The chattering of students filled the air. Some people were familiar to Ha Rin; others were like a blank picture. The ones showing some resemblance would often point towards her directs and whisper or even laugh and sometimes she could see them giving her pitiful looks. None of them cared about the lost girl; the girl whose wings were tattered by the abyss of grief nor did they care about the pain she went through. All they cared about was a good laugh or a juicy piece of gossip.

Instead of defending herself like she would have done many years ago, she just sat at the lunch table, quietly eating her food. The storm had cleared leaving the sky a bright shade of blue and the grass a luscious green. If she had been sitting in that same spot a year ago, she would have admired the picturesque scene, but to her now these things were just like an old house with a fresh coat of paint, only pretty on the outside but holding a great sadness within. Ha Rin didn’t want pity from others, she didn’t want their sympathy either, all she wanted was their understanding. Something which she could never get from her old friends as they were superficial; unless you were rich, pretty and had the proficiency to bully others, you were nothing. She realized that the only person who would ever understand her was herself.

Losing her appetite, the outcast began to pick at her food.

 

 


 

 

Her classes were the same as the lunch breaks, full of familiar faces but crowded with cold hearts; hers, most likely the coldest of them all. Ha Rin settled with her nose in her study textbook, the only fueling her desire to succeed in school was to show her dead beat father that she never needed him. It cannot be expressed in words the hatred she felt for him at that moment, for what he did to her; abandoning her to fend for herself in this cruel, merciless world.

Her attention was captured when the boy who bumped into her earlier that day sat in the desk next to her. She gave him a cold look as he sat down with a smile across his face.

“Annyeong,” He smiled, “My name is Youngjae,”

Ha Rin just glared at him and focused back on the textbook. She had just begun a new page when he spoke again.

“And you are?” He urged.

“Ha Rin,” She simply answered, not separating her eyes from the notebook.

“Are you okay?” he asked as he noticed her depressed mood.

At that moment the teacher walked in. She knew he had good intentions so she gave him a response.

“That, pretty boy, is a good question,” she remarked, flashing him a small, barely visible smile before the teacher began to lead the class.

 

 


 

 

 The classroom emptied as they teacher dismissed them to go home. In no hurry, Ha Rin leisurely picked up her belongings and walked out. She was the last one to leave the classroom. Everyone else obviously absorbed in their desire to be free from the school. With her bag in hand Ha Rin walked out the door. One of the people she used to call a friend was waiting by the doorway and tripped her.

Slowly standing up, Ha Rin dusted off her clothes and continued to walk, taking no notice of her ex-friend. She wasn’t angry at her, no. If anything, Ha Rin felt sorry for her; having to bully people to boost her own self esteem. As Ha Rin walked, she felt someone’s grip on her arm. She slightly turned her head to see who it was. It was the girl who tripped her. Heaving a deep sigh, Ha Rin spoke.

“What do you want, Gi young?” she huffed,

“I noticed you have been hanging around a kingka,” Gi young informed, pointing her finger at Ha Rin, “You threw away that right when you became an outcast. Or don’t you remember?”

“I haven’t been hanging around him,” Ha Rin replied calmly, “He spoke to me, I though it polite to answer him,”

“Call it what you want,” Gi young smirked, looking her up and down, “There’s only one reason a Kingka would get close to a girl like you anyway. You’re worthless.”

With that, Gi young walked away; her straight black hair flowing in the same direction as the wind and her high heels clicking with every step.

Gi young was right, Ha Rin was worthless. Or so she thought herself to be. She had no family, no money, what worth could she possibly have to anyone? Ha Rin felt empty inside. Gi young used to be her best friend in high school. They were both Queenkas. Ha Rin refused to bully anyone as she would always be the one saving the ones being harassed by other popular people. She knew that all of her ‘friends’ secretly despised her for it, but they couldn’t do anything. She guessed that now was their time to take it out on her.

Swiftly she began to exit the school gates. She walked so fast she was almost running. Her past had come rushing back to her after her confrontation with Gi young, now, all she felt like doing was crying. She was a head strong person, but for some reason, her past was her weak spot. She had never had one before, until just recently. She wiped away tears as quick as the fell to avoid anyone noticing, but no matter how hard she tried, she couldn’t stop the emptiness inside her from fueling her depression. She had almost left the campus when she felt yet another person grab her arm.

“Ha Rin?”

She stopped in her place, still wiping tears away from her sore eyes, refusing to show her face. Inhaling deeply, she spoke.

“Yes?” she said, trying her best not to give off any clue about her emotions.

“Are you okay? Really?” Youngjae asked softly, seeing right through her.

“I’m fine,” she replied instantly before pulling her arm free.

“You don’t look fine,”

Ha Rin turned her head around, revealing her face.

“Why do you even care?” She sniffled, “I’m not a Queenka anymore.”

“I’m worried about you,” he assured, taking a step towards her. “Let me help you,”

“I’ve been rude to you since the first time I saw you, why can’t you understand? I want to be by myself! I don’t need your pity.” Ha Rin snapped, taking a few steps back. “Just leave me alone.”

She walked away, not turning back. Gi young is right, Ha Rin used to know Kingkas; they don’t hang around girls like her unless they want something.

 

 



 

A/N: Annyeong Subbies!!!! Told you that I'd update often ;))) A promise is a promise^^ Double update yayayayay *happy dance*

I'm sorry if I use a lot of music from G-Dragon I just love him so much aswell. I guess I'm a loving person^^

comment and subscribe if you already haven't! Gosh I love you GUYS <3 (see?)

BYE BYE