Talk To Me

Unchained

Chapter 10

 
 
 
The crisp air stopped batting at the windshield when the car came to a halt. Ha Rin only saw trees when she looked out of her window but when she turn her head to look out Byunghun's window, she saw that they were parked in front of a house, most likely his. The older of the two opened his door first causing the outcast to mimic his action. When they stepped out, Byunghun stretched his arms out and gave a small spin of his heels before beginning to walk up the driveway. Ha Rin stood in her spot, still examining her surroundings. She heard the light brown gravel crunch under her brother's feet as he walked. She examined his pace as she listened. Crunch. Crunch. Silence. He must have stopped.
 
"Yah! Are you coming or what?" He called. 
 
She turned around and over the roof of his car she saw him looking at her with a raised eyebrow. She couldn't see his feet but she knew he was tapping his foot, she heard the gravel. Crunch, crunch, crunch. Ha Rin snapped out of her daze at an instant. She fumbled her words, "n-ne."
 
Ha Rin practically jogged around the car to swiftly get to Byunghun. Satisfied, he started to walk up the driveway again. She too followed him but only for a few steps before she stopped, dumbfounded. The outcast was a quarter of the way up the driveway when she noticed the true beauty of the building in front of her. From beyond the car it looked like a humble home but only metres closer and it looked perfect. It wasn't a large house, but it wasn't small; it would have been at least forty metres in width. It was two stories with traditional cross-pane widows. No doubt it was brand new, the beige paintwork was fresh and unfaded, the railings of the balconies extending from the top floor were made of dark brown if not black metal, not faded nor rusted. The house was astonishing. Ha Rin stood in her place, her jaw hanging low, as she scrutinised the building's features.
 
"Yoo hoo?" She didn't notice Byunghun trying to get her attention.
 
"Y-yeah?" She slowly averted her eyes to her brother.
 
" Quit dawdling would you? Your making me anxious." He remarked as he gave her back a slight push. "Palli."
 
 Ha Rin's steps quickened. Crunch, crunch, crunch, crunch, pat. She reached the wooden steps of the porch. Her intention was to stop again and let her eyes explore but that idea was thrown out the window when Byunghun came up behind her and literally pushed her up the stairs and inside.  As Ha Rin was the first to enter, he closed the door behind them. 
 
Once again dumbfounded Ha Rin sat on the first chair she come across as it was her only excuse not to keep moving. Byunghun stepped away from the door and towards the dining room table where the outcast was giddily situated on the wooden chair. "Welcome home," he smiled as be leant with one hand on the polished mahogany surface.
 
"T-this is home?" She stuttered letting her eyes wonder. The house wasn't as grand as the one she was in earlier that morning, but in her opinion this one was better, it was more homely and realistic. "How in the world could you afford this? The mortgage must be worth a fortune..." She trailed off as her eyes landed up the stairs, she was itching to know what the rest of the house looked like, if curiosity killed the cat then the cat would be dead a thousand times over. 
 
Avoiding the question, the tall boy abruptly walked away from the dining  table and towards the kitchen to pour himself a glass of water. He placed the glass of the marble counter. "Want anything?" 
 
"Aniyo," she almost whispered, her eyes till on the top of the stairs. "Oppa, can I go look around?" 
 
"Sure, it's your house too. " he replied taking a sip of the water.
 
Without haste, Ha Rin got up from the chair and walked towards the staircase.  As it was carpeted she thought it smart to take off her heels before attempting to rampage around. She slipped off her shoes and raced up the stairs causing Byunghun to laugh at her enthusiasm. 
 
The outcast reached the top of the staircase and looked left, then right trying to decide which direction to head first. She headed left to which she found a large bathroom, a room filled with bookshelves of books to which she guessed was a library and a bedroom, most likely her brothers from the looks of the decor. In the opposite direction she found another bedroom. Ha Rin walked inside what she assumed was her room. The carpeted floor bounced under her feet with every step she took.  In the corner of the room stood a desk filled with books and stationery and opposite that was a double bed. Attached to the room was a bathroom also.  Without a thought she ran towards the bed a with a leap she jumped on it. Her arms moved back and forth as she felt the quilt covers underneath her.  
 
"Damn it!" She cursed her herself, " I forgot about Youngjae! He probably hates me right now,"  Ha Rin planted a palm to her face, she wasn't used to having a friend, scratch that, she wasn't even sure he was her friend. 
 
The outcast got up from the bed and walked over to the study desk. She ran a finger over the what she knew to be textbooks. She had never owned university textbooks as they were incredibly expensive, usually she would borrow them from the teacher. It really ate at her how Byunghun suddenly was able to afford such luxuries. He wouldn't tell her either.  Sitting in the chair situated in front if the wooden furnish, she plopped her head on the desk. Ha Rin felt really conflicted, Gi Young was giving her trouble because if Youngjae, who probably hated her right at that moment, She deserted her 'friend' with out telling him and her brother was hiding things from her. 
"Why is my life so complicated?" Heaving a sigh, she closed her eyes tightly. 
 
"What happened with Gi Young today?" A sudden masculine voice spoke, startling Ha Rin. Her eyes shot open and lifted her head.
 
"Oppa you scared me," she  said putting a hand over her rapidly beating heart.
 
Byunghun was leaning against the door frame. He a chuckled a bit before apologising. " so.. What happened?"
 
"Nothing," she almost whispered, tracing the top textbook with her finger.  
 
The older boy walked over to her bed and sat down, patting the place beside him signalling her to sit down too. Obediently, Ha Rin walked over to the bed and sat down, she gave her brother a blank look. 
 
" Ha Rin, I know something happened today, you were sitting in the middle of the campus corridors crying. That's not something someone does on a daily basis." His tone turned serious again. "I may be two years older than you but that doesn't mean I'm going senile. Tell me the truth, I can't help you if you lie," 
 
"Oppa, it really is nothing, she was just being a witch," The outcast assured. " Gwechana,"   
 
"Ha Rin." He raised a suspicious eyebrow. 
 
"Oppa." She teased.
 
" Please." He simply stated, looking  sad, "talk to me." 
 
She explained really fast. "On my first day I ran into a Kingka and he wouldn't stop following me around, trying to get me to be his friend, and Gi Young doesn't like the fact he's paying attention to an outcast like me." She paused for breath before continuing. " Now he's my friend, at least I think he's my friend, Gi young really has a problem, she stopped me in the hallway and started saying how no one wanted me and how I was worthless then she slapped me." 
 
Ha Rin took a gasp for air then looked at Byunghun who had a confused look on his face.
 
" Aish, Oppa you've been in America too long. " she teased, " Do I have say it English?"
 
"An-" he was cut off by Ha Rin.
 
"I met guy and witch don't like." She shortened her speech and spoke confidently in what she thought was perfect English. 
 
Byunghun just laughed at her failed attempt. "Ara. I understood the Korean version." 
 
"What's so funny?" Ha Rin asked, in Korean fortunately, her face turning serious, her hands on her hips. " Is there something wrong with my English?"
 
"A-ani," he lied, still laughing, pinching the bridge of his nose. He waved his free hand assuringly. "Do you take English at the university?"
 
"Yes."
 
"What have those teachers been teaching you?" He mumbled to himself, amused.
 
"What did you say?" Luckily she didn't hear him.
 
" I just said that I wonder why Gi Young is acted that way."
 
"Because I hang around Youngjae." Ha Rin replied, slightly bouncing on the bed.
 
"I'm sorry, who?" Byunghun was getting more confused. 
 
"Oh, he's the Kingka." She informed.
 
"Right."
 
"It's okay, I think I know how to handle it. I just hope He doesn't hate me right now for deserting him." Ha Rin sighed the last sentence.
 
"He as in the Kingka right?" The tall boy showed his confusion.
 
"Ne."
 
Byunghun got up from the bed and began to walk towards the door. "Girl troubles. Always so confusing." He sighed waving his hands in the air. Turning to Ha Rin he began to speak. "What some advice?"
 
The outcast nodded her head.
"Don't let Gi Young be the judge of your feelings towards this guy."
 
Now Ha Rin was confused. Feelings? "Oppa what are you talking about?"
 
Byunghun let a small chuckle. "You'll see,"
 
The outcast got up from the bed and sprang at Byunghun before hugging him tightly. "Thanks Oppa. I'm glad you came back."
 
"Gwechana," he laughed as he ruffled her hair. "Are you hungry? I made dinner." 
 
Ha Rin let go of her brother and nodded her head. She was really hungry so she was the first one out of the room, leaving Byunghun to close the door behind them.
 
 
 
Happy Update guys! A little sibling bonding.. Kekekekeke I hope you guys enjoy... I've been thinking I really wanna know where you guys are from. I'm from Australia guys ^^ yep.. I know right.. Down under. 
 
I have to go back to school next week TT_TT *noooo* I will try and find time to update as much as possible ^^ Fighting!
 
Please feel free to comment I love feed back guys.. You nam sayin' hahaha (baby momentㅋㅋ)  
 
 
SARANGHAEYO <3