We're Gonna Die

Unchained

Ha Rin’s P.O.V

 

~Saengil Chukahamnida,  Saengil Chukahamnida~  Urgh! I have that bloody song in my head! Thanks a lot, oppa. He wouldn’t shut up about it all morning… this is why I hate my birthday. At least Youngjae doesn’t know about my birthday being today.

 

“Happy Birthday, Ha Rin-ah!” I heard Youngjae call as I walked in the campus gates. Spoke too soon.  He came jogging up to me and put his arm around my shoulders.

 

I heaved a sigh. “If you start singing, I swear….”

 

“Arraseo, I won’t sing.” I saw a slight pout form on his face. “I have something for you though.”

 

He beginning digging through his bag in search of something. I had to admit, I was a little bit excited; it would be the first gift I got today. I was half expecting Byunghun to give me his gift this morning, but apparently it wasn’t ‘prepared’. He probably forgot.

 

“Ta-dah!” Youngjae  enthused holding his gift out to me. It was really badly wrapped; but what can you expect from a guy? A smile crept across my face as I took it from him. I told him thank you but he kept looking at me in anticipation. I knew he wanted me to open it. Deciding to a bit, I brought the gift up to my ear and shook it slightly. I heard a soft rattle as I did so.

 

I clasped my fingers around the paper and tugged at it until paper came clean off. I stared at the gift box before opening it. Inside was another badly wrapped box about the size of my palm. I looked up and gave Youngjae an attempted death stare. “Is this a joke?”  there was a hint of laughter in my voice. Youngjae just smiled at me and gestured back towards the gift. I practically ripped the paper off it. It was a jewellery package box.

 

Curiosity burned at my fingers as I opened it. At first glance I was breathless; It was so beautiful.  It was a silver bracelet with a pastel blue diamond hanging from the middle of the chain. I didn’t know what to say.

 

“Do you like it?” I had totally forgot about him standing there until he asked me that. I wanted to tell him that it was the most beautiful thing I’d ever laid eyes on, that I would never take it off, but I didn’t. My mouth wouldn’t cooperate with my head.

 

“It’s lovely,” Is all I managed to say. Suddenly I felt my arms lunge forward and wrap around him like they had a mind off their own. I could feel his arms wrap around me in return. “Thank you so much, I love it.”

 

I pulled away quickly and set my gaze back on the bracelet. Pulling it free from the box I slipped it on my wrist and admired it.

 

“How did you know it was my birthday today?” I asked as we began walking again.

 

“Sung Gi, told me about a week ago.” Wow. I wasn’t expecting that. Sung Gi? I mean she was never snarky at me. She was still y, but not like Gi Young. I wonder why she told him?

 


 

 

 

 

 

Youngjae and I were walking up to the sitting area  when I saw a group of people talking loudly; Gi Young, Sung Gi and that random new kid… what was his name? Insoo, I think.  We walked past and Sung Gi must have noticed because she tried to move towards our direction when Gi Young gripped her arm. I heard something along the lines of  ‘its her birthday’ and ‘I’ll be back’ come from Sung Gi as she pulled her limb free.

 

“Happy Birthday Ha Rin-ssi!” She smiled at me as she gave me an awkward hug that I wasn’t expecting. Sung Gi was usually like this around me. She took a step back and gave Youngjae a slight nod and smile acknowledging his presence. Standing still she handed me an envelope. “How’s Byunghun?”

 

I saw her eyes flicker at the mention of his name. I’d known she had a crush on him for a while now.

 

“He’s fine, I guess.” I replied, not really knowing what to say back.

 

“Ah,” She sighed happily. “Well, tell him I said ‘hi’.” She gave me a small wink. “Happy birthday again,” I heard her say as she walked back to Gi Young.

 

“Well, that was odd.” Youngjae muttered.

 

I could feel Gi Young’s gaze burning holes in the back of my skull. I couldn’t help but feel uncomfortable; I knew she was staring at me. I brought my attention to the envelope Sung Gi handed me. I was surprised when I opened it; it was a birthday card. The message she wrote said something along the lines of Have a great day and get good gifts. I wasn’t surprised at that though, what surprised me was there were three names at the bottom. Sung Gi, Gi Young and Insoo. They were all in the same handwriting. I guess she wrote them.  

 


 

 

 

 

I was almost excited to go home. When class ended I practically ran out of the gates. I was just glad that that intense atmosphere had disappeared.

 

Youngjae and I were walking to my house just randomly chatting. He had suggested that he come over for the afternoon considering it was my birthday.

 

“I don’t understand why we have to walk,” Youngjae said, walking as though his feet were sore. “It’s your birthday, shouldn’t we get picked up?”

 

“You really are a rich kid.” I teased. A deep breath. “Byunghun said he couldn’t; something about preparing his ‘gift’. I still think he forgot.”

 

“I don’t think he would’ve forgotten,” Youngjae added. I glanced at him as I was walking.

 

“You know something, don’t you?” I raised an eyebrow, I could see the knowing expression across his face.

 

“Maybe.”

 

“Don’t lie.” I said as I stopped walking causing him to stop too. “Tell me, ppalli.”

 

“No way! Hyung will kill me!” He placed and over exaggerated hand over his heart.

 

“If you don’t I’ll kill you,” I joked, my face still remained stern,

 

He looked as though he stopped to think for a moment. “I don’t think you’re capable of killing me. I’m not gonna say anything!”

 

I threateningly started walking towards him. As I moved closer Youngjae slowly backed away. I picked up my pace to a run and he bolted. I ended chasing him all the way to my house. It turns out we weren’t that far away.

 

Youngjae stopped, hands on his knees, out the front of the driveway panting for breath. “You need more exercise, pretty boy.” I teased as I lightly slapped his back. I began to walk up the driveway. I almost reached the front door when I heard the garage door open suddenly. I think I just had a heart attack. The door fully opened to reveal my brother leaning against a car I had never seen before. It was a light shade of blue and a bow stuck to the bonnet.  Oh My.

 

“Happy Birthday, Chunsa.” He smiled at me, gesturing towards the car.

 

I put my bag down and walked towards it slowly. It was so shiny and new; I couldn’t resist the urge to run my finger along the edge.

 

“I understand you don’t know how to drive. Your lessons start now.” He informed before turning towards Youngjae who was still at the beginning of the driveway. “Yah! If you don’t want to get run over, I’d watch out!” He called, laughing.

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

I’m so scared right now.

 

“Put the gear into reverse and pull out of the garage slowly,”  Byunghun instructed.

 

I put the gear in reverse and hover my foot over the accelerator. The car goes flying back and I hear Youngjae scream from the back seat. I shut my eyes tight.

 

“Brake! Brake! Brake!” I hear my brother yell. I slam my foot down on the brake and the car harshly stops, jerking me forwards. I open my eyes to see we are at the bottom of the driveway.

 

Byunghun took a deep breath. "Now SLOWLY put your foot on the accelorator and turn the steering wheel slightly."

 

I hear Youngjae whimper from the back seat, "We're gonna die."

 

 

 


 

 

A/N: Hey Guys! So I've decided to change my writing style, let me know what you think.

 

It was my beautiful bias's birthday yesterday so I was getting fat on cake otherwise I would've updated yesterday.

 

I hope you guys like the chapter^^

 

Mehrong :P