Then He Appeared

Unchained

 

Chapter 3

 

 

 

“Ajussi, please give me another one,” Ha Rin requested, placing her shot glass on the table in front of the bartender.

The man picked it up, wiped it out with the small, white, dish towel he was holding, and filled it with alcohol before handing it back to her.

“Gomawo-yo,” Ha Rin mumbled before chugging down the contents of the glass. Placing it firmly back on the table she was sitting at, she began to trace the rim of the shot glass with the tip of her forefinger.

After a few moments, Ha Rin pushed her glass in front of her, requesting for another refill. The more she drank the more elusive everything around her became. It was a good feeling; it felt like she had no troubles in the world. Ha Rin stared hard at the shot glass, its transparency mesmerized her. She lowered her head until the shot glass was at eye level and continued to stare contently at it. As the alcohol grew merciless and began to affect her, she grew tired. In a few moments, she fell asleep, dead to the world.

Ha Rin could feel the softness of the grass on her toes and the warm sun on her face. The air was crisp and moved swiftly as it cascaded around her, partially blowing her hair across her face. The world around her was full of beauty as a sense of familiarity warmed her heart. Surrounding her were trees full of lush green leaves, some in bloom with flowers of vibrant colours. Protruding from the random parts of the grass were small daisies, which moved in the same direction as the wind. For the first time in years, she felt at peace.

“Ha Rin!” She heard a familiar voice call gently from behind her. She turned around quickly to discover the source of the voice. As she did so, the angelic, white dress she was wearing flowed in a twirling motion, mimicking her movement. Ha Rin’s eyes grew wider as she saw the persons face.

“Eomma!” She smiled, as she ran towards her mother, holding her skirt with both hands, as if to prevent it from getting dirty.

Springing forwards, Ha Rin brought her mother close to her for a hug. Wrapping her arms tight around her, she never wanted to let go. She was on the verge of tears as her grip around her mother tightened.

“Eomma, I missed you so much,” She sighed as a tear escaped her eye.

Her mother didn’t speak; she just pulled away from her and placed her hands on her shoulders.

“Ha Rin, wake up.” She said abruptly.

Ha Rin just stared at her mother blankly, she was confused. What was her mother talking about?

“Ha Rin, wake up!” Her mother said louder as she shook Ha Rin slightly. “Wake up! Ha Rin, wake up!”

“Wake up, Ha Rin!” Youngjae called as he shook her shoulders, urging her to wake up. But it was no use at all, she only responded with a mumble.

Giving up, he attempted lifting her out of the chair. With the help of the bartender, he managed.  Youngjae began to walk her to his car and they had just reached when she woke up.

“What are you doing?” Ha Rin mumbled, as if incoherently, her words slurring; obviously caused by the alcohol.

“I’m taking you home,” He insisted, grabbing her wrist and pulling her gently towards his car.

“No,” She answered quickly, pulling her wrist, “I’ll go myself.”

“But it’s dangerous,”

“I just live at the end of the street anyway,” Ha Rin lied, pointing in the direction of the end of the street.

Without waiting for a response from Youngjae, she began to walk in the direction she had just pointed. Her house was in this direction, but it was a lot further than down the street. She didn’t want to go with him, besides; she thought she needed the walk anyway.

Ha Rin walked along the pavement, in the same direction, not turning back. In that time, Youngjae had got in his car, but he didn’t start the engine. Instead he waited until she was a fair distance away and drove behind her. Despite the assurance that she would be fine by herself, he still wanted to make sure that she got home safely.

Ha Rin had walked about three streets now, and had no intentions of stopping; her apartment was another half an hour walks away. Without warning it began to rain. The water pelted down on her head and soaked her clothes once more. She stopped walking and heaved a deep sigh. Why? After a few moments, she began to walk again, her head hung low.  Suddenly she heard a car pull up beside her and a door open. She didn’t stop walking even when she saw Youngjae run after her holding an umbrella.

“I thought you said you lived at the end of the street?” He remarked as he caught up to her, shielding her from the rain with the umbrella.

“I do, but I never said I lived at the end of that street.” Ha Rin smirked, still walking.

“Let me take you home,” Youngjae suggested once again, “You’ll catch your death in this rain,”

“There is no home for me, pretty boy. Just a place of misery I am forced to stay in.” She sighed, “I can get there on my own.”

Abruptly Youngjae stopped walking. Shocked at his sudden motion, Ha Rin stopped as well.

“Jebal, let me take you,” he asserted, gesturing to his car.

“I’m fine,” she smiled slightly before giving him a small wave. “Annyeong.”

Once again, she turned away and began to walk without looking back, and for the second time that day, she left Youngjae dumbfounded on the side walk, watching her walk away.

 

 


 

A/N: Hey guys! I updated finally. I am so so so so sorry it took so long :'( STUPID NAPLAN testing >< MIANHAE-YO *90 degree bow*

I was also fangirling over VIXX's Comeback keke ^w^ Have you guys heard it? If not i definately recommend that you do! ^_^ It's called Hyde, in case you guys haven't heard it XD (If you're scared of bugs and spiders and things, be warned)

I'm sorry for making the main character so depressed. kekeke don't worry though the story will get better ^^

Thank you to all that have subscribed <3