His Friends

Unchained

Chapter 12

 

 

The class room cleared out for lunch and Ha Rin exited the classroom with Youngjae following. On her way out she checked where Gi Young was positioned, the end of the cafeteria chatting with people who she recognised to be other popular people. After lining up for food the two sat at a table chatting when Ha Rin heard someone. 

 
"Yah! " they called. The voice sounded familiar. Youngjae must have heard it too because he snapped his head around. "Come sit with us!" 
 
He heaved a sigh realising who it was. Jung Daehyun. Ha Rin assumed it was directed at him, well, because she couldn't think if any reason why he'd want to sit with her. 
Rolling his eyes, Youngjae went back to his food. 
 
"Don't ignore me!" He yelled back waving a hand around in the air from half way across the cafeteria. People were starting to stare. Daehyun heaved a loud sigh before attempting again.
 
"Ha Rin-ssi!" He called. Ha Rin's eyes widened in surprise along with everyone else. "Yah! Ha Rin-ssi come sit with us!" 
 
Youngjae looked at her before turning to Daehyun, replying to his annoying demands. "Yah! Just shut up would you!" 
 
From the playfulness in his voice, Ha Rin could tell he was playing around. Obviously Daehyun knew it too.
 
"Never!" 
 
With a loud exhalation, Ha Rin stood up in attempt to walk towards Daehyun. She felt a sudden strength in her wrist. Looking down, she saw Youngjae's eyes on her. "Where are you going ?"
 
"Well he's obviously not going to stop, so might as well go sit with him." Ha Rin sighed.
 
"Are you sure?" A raised eyebrow. 
 
"Yeah.. Why not?"
 
" okay, but I warned you." At an instant, Youngjae let go of her arm, grabbed his food tray and walked towards Daehyun, who looked quite happy with himself. Ha Rin on the other hand was having a nervous breakdown on the inside. She knew Daehyun was sitting with other people; and the truth is, she hasn't been a people person for a long time. 
 
Youngjae took a seat in front of Daehyun and next to a bunch of people who Ha Rin didn't recognise. There were two people seated beside Youngjae, both talking to eachother and Ha Rin was ashamed to say that one of them scared her. She stood there awkwardly, hovering above the table, examining everyone. Beside Daehyun there were two other boys, one with a natural shade of brown hair and one who was incredibly tall. Ha Rin uncomfortably sat on the only space of chair left next to Daehyun who didn't seem to mind. They mustn't realise I'm an outcast. 
 
The 'scary' one stopped talking to the guy next to him looked at Ha Rin, who was somewhat frozen in fear. He looked her up and down, his face expressionless, his gaze intimidating. Ha Rin felt like she was about to run away somewhere before the unexpected happened. The scary boy suddenly pulled a warm smile across his face. "Hello,"
 
Her heart beating a thousand times a minute, Ha Rin felt herself shaking. "H-hello," she managed to stutter.
 
"Yongguk  Hyung, you scared her!"  Daehyun whined before turning to Ha Rin with a smile. He began to gesture around the table, notifying her of everyone's names. 
 
"Well you already know Youngjae... This is Yongguk Hyung, Himchan Hyung, Zelo and Jongup." He pointed to everyone enthusiastically before turning his finger on himself."You know who I am right?" 
 
Ha Rin gave a meek nod, she knew who he was sure, but she couldn't remember his name. What was it? Daejoon? Daesung? No that can't be it..
 
She didn't want to be rude so she didn't ask. Looking down at her food she began to eat. Himchan tried to break the ice and start a conversation.
 
"Ha Rin-ssi, your very pretty... You know that?" 
 
Ha Rin looked up from her food, somewhat creeped out. "Umm.. No?"
 
"Say, do you have a mobile? Maybe I coul-" 
 
"Hyung!"The Maknae scolded his Hyung before turning to the outcast.
 
"Don't worry about him noona, he does it it every girl he meets." 
 
She gave a nod in understanding and focused back on her food but for some reason she wasn't hungry. After a few moments of silence, the table filled with chatter again. Ha Rin sat listening to their conversations not touching her food. She was almost lost in her own thoughts when she felt a tap on her shoulder. She turned her head to face the  culprit.
 
"You're not eating?" Daehyun asked.  be truthful, Ha Rin was to overwhelmed to eat. 
 
Ha Rin shook her head in response.
 
"Food is very important you know," he said, picking up a spoonful if her food and holding it to her face.  Hesitantly she grabbed the spoon.         " Eat up."  
 
Daehyun kind of reminded her of her brother. Caring. 
 
Swallowing the food in she looked a Youngjae who just gave her a look as to say ' don't say I didn't warn you.' Glancing up from Youngjae she notices Gi young standing at the entrance of the cafeteria alone, gesturing for Ha Rin to follow her. Ha Rin's face turned serious. Excusing herself from her awkward lunch buddies, she walked towards Gi Young. Ha Rin had a terrible feeling.