Lee Byunghun

Unchained

Chapter 9

 
 
 
" So when did you get back?" Ha Rin casually asked him as they continued to walk in the direction  he was leading her, her guess was out of the school. 
 
" About an hour ago," Byunghun sighed, lovingly wrapping an arm around her. " I thought I'd stop by to see how my sis is going."
The outcast nodded her head in acknowledgement.
"Where are you living now?" He questioned, still leading her out of campus. "Not still in that ratty apartment are you?"
 
Ha Rin heaved a sigh. "Ne." 
 
"Ha Rin-ah," The tall boy sighed back. "You could have come and lived with me when appa left you."
 
"In America? Come on, Oppa. Be realistic," she nervously chuckled, fiddling with the hem on her dress.
 
"What's so absurd?" He raised an eyebrow.
 
When Ha Rin's mother died, Byunghun moved to America to study abroad. Two weeks later, her father packed up and left before Ha Rin got home from school. She had arrived home to an empty house. The house was sold when her father needed money so Ha Rin was forced to leave and take residency in the apartment she is in now. 
 
"It was three years ago, can we just not talk about this?" She lowered her head, shaking it slightly. She didn't have the strength to talk about it. There was a moment of silence before Byunghun gladly changed the subject.
 
"I living here permenently now," he smiled pulling his arm away and placing it by his side. The two were now outside the gates of the university.
 
"Oppa, chincha?" Ha Rin perked at the thought of having family again. 
 
"Ne. But there's one problem." He looked sad.
 
The outcast's heart deflated suddenly at the word problem. It must too good to be true, she sighed mentally.
 
"What's that?" Ha Rin asked curious, but still forlorn.
 
The tall boy grinned at her expression. "I'm going to get lonely," He pouted.
 
"Aigoo, oppa don't scare me," Ha Rin whined gently slapping his arm. " What am i supposed to do about it?" 
 
"Come live with your Oppa." Byunghun sheepishly smiled. Ha Rin abruptly stopped walking causing him to do the same. 
 
"Wae?" 
 
He placed both of his hands on her shoulders.
 
"Ha Rin, I'm sorry I wasn't there for you when eomma died, or to protect you when appa deserted you.It's my fault you're living like this, I want a chance to make up for that." His happy expression turned glum. Ha Rin had never seen him like this before, yes,he always had a cold or bubbly personality but this.. he never admitted his feelings. She didn't understand why he blamed himself. Not once since her father left did she accuse him nor blame him.
 
"Oppa," she sighed. " I don't want to burden you. You have to take care of youself." Byunghun lowered his arms and looked at her blankly. "Besides.. I've adapted to living on my own, I'm fine living by myself,i like it." 
 
"Well, that's too bad," He smiled as her picked her up and threw her over his shoulder, " because your coming with me anyway."
 
He Began to walk towards the parking lot.
"Oppa?!" Ha Rin scolded kicking her legs," School hasn't finished yet!"
 
"So? you were sitting in the hallway all morning, the teachers think you're sick" he remarked matter-of-factly.
 
The outcast heaved a deep sigh. Silence.
" i can walk you know," she landed a soft punch on his back.
 
" I don't trust you," 
 
" Aish, so stubborn," Ha Rin muttered, resting her chin in her palms.
 
With a thump, Byunghun put her in the front seat.
She rubbed her sore head as it practically bounced if the seat. "Oppa, that hurt." 
 
He let a small chuckle. "Mianhae."
 
Ha Rin poked a tongue at him for a split second as he closed the car door and made his way to the drivers seat. The outcast looked around the car. The interior was flawless, not a scratch nor spot of dirt. It was a fancy car, no doubt just by looking at it. The seats were made entirely of a pale shade of leather, the kind that only gets used in the best of cars. Ha Rin wondered how he suddenly got such a expensive car in so little time. 
 
Byunghun opened the car door and plopped himself in the drivers seat and with a turn of his wrist he started in the ignition. The car hummed as expensive cars usually do, like a kitten, some say. With another swift hand movement he put on a pair of shades and hung his elbow out the window.
 
"Oppa..." She began suddenly, looking out the window to admire the scenery. It was the same scenery she had gazed upon the previous day, but for some reason she looked at it differently, its beautiful Ha Rin thought. She turned her head to look at Byunghun before speaking again. "How did you get this car? It looks really expensive."
 
"I bought it, pabo." He said as he put his foot on the execrator. 
 
"It's still an expensive car though, are you rich or something?" She raised an eyebrow before averting her attention to back out the window, on the now changing scenery.
 
Byunghun let a nervous chuckle and ran his fingers through his hair. " you could say that," he muttered, placing both hands on the steering wheel. 
 
Ha Rin didn't hear her brother's reply which he was somewhat thankful of, he didn't want her to know the truth about what happened the past years. Not just yet anyway. 
 
Hey guys!! I guess you guys have already heard B.A.P's comeback huh? What did you guys think? I almost died when I saw it x_x.. Hehehe Youngjae and Jonguppie look so FINE *fangirl scream* ㅋㅋ 
 
keke.. Anyway....... I hope you guys enjoy the update^^ ahhh.. Ha Rin's long lost brother L.Joe (I couldn't think of anyone else lol).. I wonder what he's hiding?
 
Stay tuned! Comment and subscribe if you haven't @-@ I love feedback guys so don't be shy^^
 
<3