Hit The Queenkas?

Unchained

 

 Chapter 4

 

 

 

When Ha Rin arrived at university the next day, the sun was high but still she felt the same emptiness that she always did. Greeted by cold stares, the outcast walked through the campus; towards the direction of her first class for the day.

She entered the classroom swiftly. When she walked through the door, she glanced around the room, and to her surprise, Youngjae was sitting in the seat next to the desk she usually sat at. Great. Heaving a sigh, Ha Rin deliberately sat at the desk at the opposite side of the room. She began to unpack her things she needed for class when Youngjae left his seat and sat in the desk next her. Aigoo, he’s persistent.  She opened her textbook, trying her hardest not to take notice of the Kingka sitting beside her. Ha Rin had just begun flicking through the book when Youngjae began to speak.

“Listen, Ha Rin,” He began, “I know you don’t know me, and you probably don’t trust me either,”

He was right; Ha Rin didn’t trust him, but for some reason whenever he was around her, it was like her emptiness disappeared; she felt alive again. Youngjae shifted in his chair, to face her and examined her expression. Although she was expressionless, her eyes still peering at the study book, he could tell she was listening.

“I also know that you probably prefer being alone.” Youngjae sighed before continuing. “But… let’s be friends for today.”

Startled, Ha Rin looked up at him instantly,

“Bwoh?!” She asked, shaking her head slightly. “Wae?”

“I just want a chance,” He replied. “If after today, you don’t want to have anything to do with me, I’ll leave you alone. Arraso?”

“Fine,” She sighed, returning her focus to the textbook. In the corner of her eye, she saw Youngjae smile before turning to face the front.

On the other side of the room, Gi Young was listening to their whole conversation. Her blood began to boil. Youngjae talking to an outcast like her? What is happening to the world? Without noticing, she slammed her hand on the desk. In reaction, her friend turned to her.

“Gi Young, gwenchana?” Park Sung Gi asked, raising an eyebrow. Gi Young didn’t answer; she just continued to stare at the two across the room.  

Putting down the compact mirror in her hands, Sung Gi placed a hand on her shoulder.

“Gi Young?” she probed.

“I-I’m fine,” Gi Young stuttered, trying her hardest to separate her eyes from the Kingka and Ha Rin. She turned to face the front when the teacher walked in. I need to stop this once and for all. I warned you Lee Ha Rin.

Class was over and the room cleared quickly as it always did, the students inside eager to get to lunch. Ha Rin leisurely packed her things and began to exit the classroom, completely forgetting about Youngjae.

“Yah, Chingu!” He called, grabbing his stuff quickly and running after her. She stopped, realizing what she just done. Oops.

When Youngjae caught up with her he didn’t say anything, he just quietly walked beside her with his hands in his pockets.

“You don’t have to eat with me you know,” Ha Rin informed, continuing to walk, “I’ll understand, you should protect your image.”

“Friends have lunch with each other.” He remarked coolly, taking a hand out of his pocket. “I don’t care if it effects my image or not.”

“Why do you think that you would shame my image?” Youngjae raised an eyebrow.

“Because, I’m a worthless outcast,” Ha Rin mumbled.

Abruptly, Youngjae stopped walking and grabbed her shoulders, turning her to face him.

“Don’t let anyone call you that.” His tone became serious. “No one is worthless, especially not you.”

She lowered her eyes, avoiding contact with his. She wished that she could believe that she wasn’t worthless, that she was in fact special, and Youngjae made it sound quite convincing. But she knew it wasn’t true.

“In fact,” He added, letting go of her shoulders, “If anyone says those things about you, I want you to punch them in the face.”

“Bwoh?” Ha Rin gave him an intriguing look, “What if they’re Queenkas?”

“I give you permission to especially hit Queenkas,” He laughed. Ha Rin smiled at his cockiness.

When they arrived at the cafeteria they lined up for the food. Once they were handed their trays, they sat down at one of the designated tables.

 

 


 

A/N: Annyeong Subbies! Another chapter complete! Yes Sir! hahaha (baby moment^^) ANYWAY... I would like to say thanks to all my new subbies <3 SO.... KAMSAHAMNIDA *bows* Please comment XD