It Begins

Unchained

 

 
Ha Rin's POV~ 
 
 
" Slowly... Slowly..." Byunghun repeated as I tried pulling up the car into the garage. Youngjae hasn't said anything for the whole time, I think he fainted. 
 
The car came to a halt and I and happy to say that was over.  Youngjae darted out of the car and planted his knees to the grass beside the driveway. 
 
"I'm saved!" He exaggerates too much; my driving wasn't that bad... 
 
I heard my brother snicker from beside me as he stepped out off the car. I gladly got out of it also. Only a few steps behind him, I followed him towards the front door leaving Youngjae to his melodrama. Byunghun had just reached the patio steps when I saw him stumble. Did he trip? He clutched the rail quickly before he could hit the ground. 
 
"Hyung, are you okay?" Youngjae was now standing.
 
"I-I'm fine." His voice sounded shaky, his hands never separating from his tight grasp on the side rail.
 
I don't know what's going on. He just tripped, right? Why isn't he moving? 
 
I found myself frozen in my stance. After about a minute I saw him let one hand off the rail as he attempted to walk up the stairs. He looked incredibly unstable as if he would fall at any moment. 
 
"Oppa..." I managed to speak, " are you sure your okay?" 
 
"Don't worry about me, Chunsa," A weak smile. He suddenly placed a hand over his eyes as he became stationary again; looking as though the world was spinning. He stumbled forwards again and Youngjae rushed to his side. I wanted to move but I couldn't. I put all my will power together but it wasn't enough. I don't understand what's happening. 
 
"Hyung?" Youngjae's voice, "Hyung, what's wrong?" 
 
Byunghun said nothing which scared me. 
 
"Oppa," I was surprised my voice worked. "Please say something.." 
 
"I-I can't," His voice was almost inaudible and sounded panicked. 
 
I felt like crying. I can't bare to see him like this. What's going on? Everything was fine moments ago. I found the strength in myself to move. Youngjae, who was still next to my brother, began to look pale. Seeing me, he stood back. I knelt down beside Byunghun not really knowing what to do.  All I felt like doing was crying. So I did.
 
 
 
 


 
 
 
 
 
No-one's P.O.V~ 
 
"I don't understand why you hate her so much!" Sung Gi yelled. "You two were best friends for Christ sake!"
 
Gi Young remain silent while Insoo stood behind Sung Gi.  
 
"You still didn't have to put our names in it." Gi Young stated firmly, her arms crossed tightly across her chest. 
 
"It's just a birthday card for crying out loud." Sung Gi rolled her eyes. 
 
"You still should have asked us." Insoo spoke, unsure whether her should or not. "I mean, we should have an option."
 
"Yah! Who's side are you on?" Sung Gi snapped. "Weren't you the one who bloody bought it in the first place?" 
 
He lowered his head, defeated. 
 
She averted her attention back to Gi Young. "Look, it just makes me feel insecure. If you two were inseparable until she became, well, unfortunate... I'm worried that your going to do the same to me... Or even Insoo."For a moment Insoo looked shocked. 
 
"You're being ridiculous!" 
 
"No. I'm not." 
 
Silence. "Promise me It won't happen." Sung Gi spoke, her voice soft.
 
"I can't do that." 
 
She was incredibly shocked at Gi Young's words. It wasn't that hard to promise something like that was it? 
 
"Well, I'm going to Ha Rin's place to see how her birthday is going. Have fun alone." 
 
 
 
 
 

 

 
 
Ha Rin's POV~ 
 
I sat in the corner of my brother's room, hugging my legs, watching him sleep. The room was completely silent except for the soft breathing coming from Byunghun. He looks at peace.
 
My eyes are still streaming out tears. My back is getting sore from leaning against the wall but I can barely feel it over the pain in my chest. It feels so heavy, like some just dumped a huge boulder on top of me and I can't do anything but let it crush my ribcage. 
 
I heard the bedroom door slowly open. Youngjae walked in holding two bowls and sat down beside me. 
 
"I made ramyun." His tone was soft, almost calm. I don't understand how he can be so controlled. 
 
He set a bowl in front of me. "You should eat."
 
I stared at it. Just the thought of food made me feel sick. 
 
"I'm not hungry." I said. "I can't bare eating right now." 
 
Tears are still streaming down my face like a dripping tap and I think Youngjae noticed. I close my eyes trying to stop tears from flowing. I felt his arm wrap around my shoulders and all I could do was pray he wouldn't let me go. 
 
I felt so secure. Like everything would be okay somehow. 
 
I must of fallen asleep because I awoke hearing the doorbell. Youngjae was asleep beside me as well. I gently lifted his arms from around me and stood up. As I walked towards the front door I ran my hands over me face in attempt to wipe away any stray tears before fixing my hair. I took a deep breath before opening it. 
 
"Oh, Sung Gi." I was startled that she was here. Something in my voice must have gave me away. 
 
"Don't seem so surprised." She laughed. I faked a small laugh too. It hurts to even smile. "Can I come in?"
 
"Uh, now might not be the best time.." 
 
"Don't be silly." Sung Gi shrugged off my last sentence before walking inside. I closed the door behind the both of us as I heard foot steps come down the stairs. Her head turned swiftly to the source of the noise. 
 
"Oh." She looked disappointed. "Hi, Youngjae." 
 
"What brings you here?" He asked politely, rubbing his left eye. I knew he didn't have a problem with Sung Gi. 
 
"I just came to see Ha Rin again, that's all." She smiled warmly at me.
 
"What about Gi Young? Where is she?" I asked worried that she was probably here with her.
 
"Don't worry about her." A sigh. "her and I aren't friends any more."
 
She gave me a slight smile.  I could see she was sad, but frankly I could care less. Sung Gi was a nice person and all but I all I wanted to do is go back upstairs and sit back in my corner where I can hear Byunghun's steady breathing. 
 
I was growing restless. 
 
"I'm sorry, Sung Gi." Youngjae spoke giving me a quick glance, "But it's not a good time right now. Maybe you can come back tomorrow."
 
"But it won't be Ha Rin's birthday." She counted before facing me. "Come," she held out her hand for me to grab, "let's go celebrate somewhere nice." 
 
I refused to accept her gesture. I not leaving this house. 
 
Seeing my hesitation, she grabbed me and began pulling me. I felt like crying again. "Sung Gi- ssi, please-" 
 
"Sung Gi, stop." Youngjae's voice was stern. "She doesn't want to go."
He grabbed me and pulled me away from her. I stood thankfully behind him. 
 
"Mi-Mianhae." She sounded genuinely sorry. " I just wanted so spend time with you." 
 
"It's okay." I assured her. "Maybe tomorrow." 
 
She gave a slight nod and walked outside. 
 
I turned to Youngjae. "Thank you."
 
"go back upstairs." He said gently. "I need to call my mother to tell her where I am. I'll be up soon." 
 
"You're not going to leave?" 
 
I was startled as he stepped towards me. I shut my eyes tight as I felt a gentle kiss on my forehead. 
 
"I'm not leaving you." 
 
 


 

 

Hey subbies^^ this chapter is a bit more emotional... Mianhae. 
 
I hope you like it anyways. Please leave a comment to tell me if your liking this writing style.
 
There's a new trailer I'm working on so please anticipate^^
 
see you soon...