Sharks? I think Not

Unchained

Chapter 19

 

 

 

 

 

“Himchan-ssi, stop stealing all the sand!” Ha Rin pouted as she tried to work on her part of the sandcastle the boys convinced her to help build. “Aish…”

 

Himchan just gave her a smirk in response as he stole more sand she dug up.

 

Piling more sand on to her fraction of the sand building, began to pat it down when she heard Zelo.

 

“Noona! Look!”

 

Getting up off her knees to where Zelo was poking in the sand. She focused her eyes on a small moving creature.

 

“It’s a sand crab!” She laughed, “Oh my gosh,” Ha Rin sat down next the the maknae to get a closer look when...

 

“SHARKS! SHARKS!” A familiar voice cried out along with various splashing noises. Averting her attention towards the surf she saw Youngjae with Daehyun who was flapping his arms around like a mental patient. The boys just rolled their eyes and went back to what they were doing.

 

“Help!”His voice was at it again, this time making various people on the beach grow curious as to his fate. “Sharks!”

 

Ha Rin got up and quickly tried to run towards the water. The guys on the other hand knew of their plan and just let them go.

 

“Daehyun-ssi, Youngjae-ah, gwenchana?” Ha Rin she questioned as her feet splashed across the surface of the icy water as she ran. She offered Youngjae her hand to help him out of the water. He gripped her wrist and tugged hard causing her to fall in.

 

Daehyun let out a hearty laugh as her head  surfaced, her hair covering half of her face. Youngjae on the other hand just stood, speculating her grudge-like appearance. How can she still be so beautiful?

 

The cold water panged at Ha Rin’s skin. She stood up out of the water as fast as she could to feel the warm air.

 

“Youngjae,” She warned, her gaze strong. “If I were you, I would run.”

 

Without a moment passing, she began to splash large amounts of water at them. Pretty soon it ended up in a full on water fight with everyone involved. Ha Rin Vs. Youngjae, Yongguk Vs. Zelo and Daehyun and Jongup Vs. Himchan.

 

“Yah!” Himchan called, still copping water to the face by his two dongsaengs, who were laughing hysterically. “Hajima!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

At about 4 in the afternoon, the ‘crazy times’ ended. Since the beach wasn’t far from her home Ha Rin decided to walk. After much pestering from the boys to drop her off and that it was dangerous, she let Youngjae accompany her home.

 

The streets weren’t busy, a few people here and there, but other than that it was pretty much just silent.

 

“When did you move?” Youngjae advanced the conversation.

 

“Right after my brother came back.” Ha Rin said smoothly, “He asked me… well more like told me to move in with him.”

 

“What about your parents?”

 

“Haven’t you heard the rumors?” she scoffed, “The lowly Queenka, dumped by her father ‘cause she’s such a horrible daughter.”

 

“Ani, I’ve heard the rumors… but why should i believe them?”

 

Ha Rin’s heaved a deep sigh. This subject was always her soft spot.

 

“When I was in my second last year of high-school, my mother passed away in a car accident.” She explained, she felt her eyes glaze over with tears trying to escape, but she held them back.

 

Youngjae remained silent.

 

“We were coping well, I guess. A few days after the funeral my brother went to study abroad. I think he was trying to forget about everything.” She continued. “Two weeks later i came home from school and my father was gone. He packed his things and left.”

 

“M-My father…” she sniffled as a tear ran down her face, her eyes like dam of tears ready to burst.  “Sold our house.”

 

Youngjae could do nothing but nod in understanding. He couldn’t imagine going through that.

 

“I didn’t find out until a few days later when a real-estate agent told me i had a week to pack and move,” She cried, the walls of her eyes crumbling underneath the excess tears.

 

The Kingka didn’t know what else to do but to hug her tightly.

 

“I don’t know what I did wrong,” she sobbed against his shoulder, her voice muffled.

 

He contemplated a thousand things to say in a matter of seconds but he decided to just let her cry and get it out of her system; who knows how long she’s been holding it in.  He rubbed her back soothingly as she continued to sob in his arms. If you weren’t crying, this would be the perfect moment.

 

 



Annyeong guys^^ Another update while I'm on a roll. I'm trying to update as much as I can while I'm on Holidays.

Hope you guys liked the update and I will see you soon^^