Insoo

Unchained

 

 

Chapter 21

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ha Rin plugged her earphones in her ears as she began to walk home. Her brother said he had to go somewhere so he wouldn’t be able to pick her up; which she didn’t mind anyway. She was only bothered by the fact he refused to tell her where he was going. Once a week, at least, this would happen.

 

She had said goodbye to Youngjae a few minutes of go, who was ushed of by someone she didn’t recognise. Someone Ha Rin assumed was a family member.

 

The sound of the passing streets was like a rhythm which Ha Rin chose to block out. The music flowing from her earphones engulfed her thoughts; calming her worries, making her feel safe and… normal. The only thing she used to be able to rely on, the only thing that made her smile when it seemed impossible, the only way she swore she survived everyday, was music.

 

A soft humming of a motorbike grew closer from a distance until it was audible over the top of her music, any moment she expected the bike to speed past and for the buzzing to stop. When the sound grew solid and seemed to follow her only then did she stop walking to turn around.

 

In front of her, she realised that atop of the vehicle was the new student. He had been calling out to her through the whole walk. Not really caring as to what he wanted, she shoved her earphone back in a continued to walk.

 

Startled by her sudden action, the boy got off of the bike and took of his helmet, placing it on the seat.

 

“Ha Rin-ssi!” he insisted as he ran after her. Ha Rin heaved am agitated sigh and removed her earphone again, refusing to turn around.

 

“What?” She hissed an acknowledgement.

“Do you want me to drop you off home?” His breathing was heavy as though he’d ran miles.

 

Not bothering to turn around she gave him a simple answer. “Ani,”

 

“Yah! At least look at me when I’m talking to you, outcast!”

 

He did not just say that. Enraged Ha Rin turned around, only then did she realise how close he was away from her, within arms length. Ha Rin’s eyes glowed with anger as she she saw the natural smug expression plastered across his face. With one swift movement she raised her hand from her side and hit her palm hard against his cheek. “I’ll give you the respect of looking at you when you speak  when you give up that smug attitude.”

 

She turned to face her back to him and started walking again. The Kingka touched his stinging cheek as he watched her saunter away.

 

“M-mianhae,” He huffed a loud whisper that Ha Rin could barely hear. Ha Rin turned her head slightly so she could eye him in her peripheral vision.

 

“That’s better,” She stated simply, not stopping.

 

“My name is Insoo!” He called out waving an arm that Ha Rin couldn’t see. Instead she turned around to face him.

 

“That’s nice.” She informed, her words reeking with sarcasm. “Don’t talk to me from now on.”

 

Within a split second her earphones where secured in her ears and she continued walking.

 


 

Ha Rin heaved a sigh as she reached her front porch. Thanks to that idiot I’m late home. Shoving her key in the door, it opened with a swift movement.

 

“Oppa! I’m home!” She called placing her shoes next to the door. Silence was her only answer. “I Know you’re here, Oppa. You’re car is in the driveway!”

 

Still nothing. She placed her bag on the dining room table and walked towards the kitchen when something caught her eye. Resting on the kitchen counter was a piece of paper. Ha Rin picked it up, not being able to resist the curiosity burning through her. It was a form of some sort. She skimmed the page when she stopped. It’s a hospital form. Confusion and worry swirled around inside her causing her stomach to grow queezy. Why does Byunghun oppa have a hospital form?

 

Suddenly she heard footsteps come down the stairs. Quicker than a heartbeat she dropped it back on the counter. Ha Rin walked back to her bag and had just picked it up when her brother was at the bottom of the stairs, his hair wet. “I didn’t hear you some home, chunsa.” he smiled.

 

She gave a meek smile in return and briskly walked past him and up the stairs to her bedroom. Byunghun watched her with narrowed eyes, not sure as to why she was acting like that.

 

That night, Ha Rin couldn’t sleep.

 


 

Ha Rin arose from her bed and walked down the staircase rubbing her eyes. She expected to see what she always did every other morning; her brother somewhere in the living room or kitchen turning to greet her with a usual warm smile, or a plate or bowl of breakfast on the table, but she was deeply startled when she saw none of it. Her eyes skimmed the house, the was nothing. No one. There was no furniture, no breakfast and no Byunghun. The house was empty. Refusing to believe her eyes she walked back up the stairs to her bedroom on to see it empty as well, as though she never lived here. She picked up her feet and charged down the hallway, looking left, looking right, praying for a sign of her brother, instead she was only greeted by empty rooms. Still in the middle of the hallway she sunk to her knees and buried her face in her thighs as tears threatened to stream down her face. It’s just a dream, It’s just a dream. She chanted in her head as she rocked back and forth. He wouldn’t desert me. It’s just a dream.

 

She lifted her head to see cracks forming in the walls. The paint began to fade. The wallpaper began to decay. Propping herself against one of the rotting walls, Ha Rin felt specks of dust from the walls rain upon her. Pulling her phone out she searched it for Youngjae’s number. She was relieved to find it was still in there. Without haste she called it and anxiously awaited an answer.

 

“Hello?” He answered, genuinely confused, unlike him when Ha Rin usually called. “Who is this?”

 

“It’s me, Ha Rin.” Her voice quivered.

 

He let off a small laugh. “As in the outcast? How the hell did you get my number?” His voice sounded stern. “Is this some practical joke?”

 

“What do you mean ‘joke’? We’re friends Youngjae!”

 

“I don’t know what drugs you’re on, but don’t call me again.”

 

The line went dead. What’s going on. She flicked further through her contacts and called her brothers number.

 

“We wish to advise you that the number you’re calling has been disconnected. If yo-”

Ha Rin cut the line and threw her phone away from her. She began to cry hysterically, tears streaming down her face like a waterfall. She didn’t know what else to do.

 


 

 

 

 

Ha Rin woke up suddenly in a cold sweat, still crying her heart out, to her brother’s reassuring voice. Her eyes darted around the room and through the darkness she was relieved to see everything in its place.

 

“Stop crying chunsa, it was just a dream,” He cooed as he hugged her tightly. “It was just a dream.”

 

Her heart was beating rapidly, the fear of being deserted slowly

devouring her senses. “Don’t leave me, oppa.” She managed to speak between her cries. “You’re all I have left. Please…”


She continued to cry. The older boy remained silent. I’m so sorry, Chunsa. You'll need to learn to live without me again. You have to let me go soon...

"I'm not going anywhere."


 

A/N: I'm back!!! With a new Chapter!!! YAYAYAYAYAY!!!

Its pretty depressing but I think you'll like it anyway. I made a new trailer so check it out! Im super excited cause I made it my self.. it probably but I'm still proud^^

Anyway... subsribe, comment, upvote it you haven't, and ENJOY READING!

BYE BYE