It's Fun Being Overprotective

Unchained

Chapter 18

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rP7WRmbIhNQ

*English is coloured like this

 

 

 

“So noona, what plans do you have for the weekend?” The youngest of the group asked, munching on a french fry.

 

“Not really, probably just doing homework.” Ha Rin sighed causing the Zelo to nod in understanding.

 

“Is it important homework?” Daehyun added.

 

Ha Rin noticed everyone eyeing her in anticipation. What is this? Interrogation?

 

“Um.. I suppose not,” She said, “I have an english essay, but…”

 

“Great!” Zelo chimed, excited causing everyone to switch their gaze to him; telling him to be quiet. The happiness left the maknae’s face as he focused back on his food. The pout on his face made a smile creep on Ha Rins face.

 

The others went back to talking while Ha Rin just sent Youngjae eye-signals.

She gave him a look as if to say What is going on? He just gave her a knowing smirk and didn’t say anything. He never talked much around his friends. As the others had fun with each other and made ‘interesting’ conversation he always just sat eating his food. When he was with Ha Rin he would always talk lively; sometimes no matter Ha Rin tried he wouldn’t shut up. Why is he acting so different?

 


 

After lunch Ha Rin had one more class before her day ended. Friday’s were always short days for everyone.

 

The outcast packed her stuff away leisurely before practically prancing out of the classroom. Finally it’s the end of the week… FREEDOM!  

She reached the front gates when she saw a motorcycle being crowded with a bunch of screaming fangirls. Gi Young was pushing through the crowd, with Sung Gi behind her, in order to get to the guy on the motorbike. Unfortunately for Ha Rin she had to walk past the commotion to get to where her brother would pick her up.  Taking a deep breath, putting one foot after the other, she began to walk past.

 

The boy on the motorcycle turned his head to see Ha Rin dismissively walking past him. On her way past she happened to glance at him only to be greeted by his cold gaze. It was the new boy from this morning, only he removed his jacket hood; every inch of his face visible. Ha Rin felt captured by his intense stare, his brown eyes rounded at the sight of her. He’s so handsome…

 

The beep of a car horn snapped Ha Rin out of her daze causing her to break eye contact.

 

“Yah, Chunsa!” She looked ahead to see Byunghun signalling her.

 

The fangirls grew closer around the boy, noticing his lack of interest in them. He leaned close to one of them, causing her to almost hyperventilate.

 

“Who is that girl?” His voice flowed as he discreetly pointed a finger towards Ha Rin who was getting into the car.

 

The fangirl caught her breath

 

“Oppa, that’s Lee Ha Rin; the outcast.” She whispered. “Best stay away from her, she’s bad for your reputation.”

 

“Outcast?”

 

“Apparently..” She began, “Her mother died and her father hated her so much he kicked her out and left her on the streets.” She nodded her head in assurance as he looked at her in disbelief.

Not all of this was true.. They were just rumours passes around by Gi Young.

 

“Who is that guy she’s with?” The boy questioned further.

 

The fangirl was about to answer when out of nowhere she was pushed of the way to reveal Sung Gi. The fangirl didn’t fight back, Sung Gi being a Queenka and all.


“That’s her brother, Lee Byunghun.” The queenka sighed longingly, clasping her hands together. “Isn’t he beautiful.”

 

“Right,” A hint of sarcasm and a roll of her eyes came from Gi Young who was beside her.

 

“Well, thanks for the input.” The boy gave a small nod of his head and put on his helmet. He closed the visor and revved the motorcycle, causing multiple fangirls around him to squeal. He gave the crowd a heart-stopping wink before driving off.

 


 

“So Youngjae-ah, you’ll call her right?” Daehyun asserted, “She said she wasn’t too busy, so she might say yes.” He let off a smile.

 

“Let’s hope so, I’m looking forward to spending time with noona.” Zelo who was to Youngjae’s right added.

 

“Mmmm.” Youngjae hummed a reply, “I’ll call her tonight.”

 


 

“Urgh!” Why is English so hard?” Ha Rin grumbled as her head collided with the dining table. “I don’t even know what topic to write about..”

 

She sighed as she heard her brother on the phone. He was doing the dishes, the phone resting on his shoulder and his ear pressed against it. He was saying something in English or rather. In order to improve her English Ha Rin would always try to listen to him on the phone to his friends from America… but it never really worked.

 

Okay, talk to you later.” Byunghun said to the phone before putting it on the counter and continuing the dishes. Ha Rin let another groan escape before crashing her head on the table again.

 

“What’s the matter, Chunsa?” He cooed from the kitchen.

 

“English is sooo hard!” She fake cried causing her brother to laugh at her dramaticness.

 

After a few more fake tears her cell phone began to ring. Who could that be? Realising who it was she stared long and hard at the caller ID.

 

“Ha Rin, answer it.”

 

“But it’s Youngjae..” She burst into fake tears again.

 

Byunghun rolled his eyes and walked towards her. Grabbing the phone he put it on speaker and answered it.

 

“Oppa no-”

 

“Yeoboseyo, Ha Rin’s phone,” Her brother shamelessly answered. Ha Rin was practically ripping her hair out.

 

“Umm.. can I speak to-” Youngjae almost whispered before her was cut off.

 

“Speak up, kid!” Byunghun bluntly ordered, earning a slap to his arm from Ha Rin.

“C-Can I speak to Ha Rin please,” His voice was audible but shaky. To Ha Rin he sounded a bit scared. Her brother always had this effect on people and she didn’t think he minded.

 

“Oh,” Byunghun chuckled, his mood turning bright, “Sure, I’ll go get her.”

 

“Thank you,” Youngjae replied, startled at his sudden mood change.

 

The older boy passes the phone to Ha Rin who reluctantly took it and he walked back to the kitchen to finish the dishes.

 

“Hello?” She tried to sound neutral.

 

“Hey,” He spoke sounding somewhat relieved. Ha Rin decided to leave the phone on speaker.

 

“I was wondering… Well everyone else too… If you weren’t busy…” He trailed off.

 

“Mmm..” She urged.

 

“Do you want to come to the beach with us tomorrow?” He said rather quickly.

 

She tried to scrape her brain for an excuse not to go, realising the meaning behind the random conversation at lunch.

 

“Umm… I.. Uh… Don’t think my brother will let me.” She stuttered.

 

“Don’t be silly, sure you can go!” Byunghun called loud enough from the kitchen so Youngjae could hear through the phone.

 

Ha Rin mentally slapped herself.

 

“Well then, I guess I can go.” She feigned excitement as she sent her brother a death glare.

“Great! I’ll see you tomorrow. I’ll pick you up at 1.” His excitement sounded genuine. “Bye!”

 

“Bye.”

 

Putting her phone down, Ha Rin clutched her English textbook and walked towards her brother.

 

“Why-the-hell-did-you-do-that?!” She yelled, hitting him with the textbook between words. He put his hands up defensively in order to block her repetitive attacks. After a few more beats with the thick book, he managed to get it away from her.

 

“The last time I buy you a full edition textbook,” He chuckled at his own private joke before looking at Ha Rin who had her arms crossed.

 

“You’re lucky I can’t get mad at you.” He said pointing a finger. Reaching for a tea towel he began to dry his hand. “Why were you trying to get out of it anyway? It sounds like fun.”

 

“Because!” She whined, over gesturing. “It’s just awkward. The beach.. the water…”

 

“How is it awkward? Unless… You like him?” Byunghun raised an eyebrow.

 

“No I don’t!” she said defensively. Do I?

 

“Well, he seems nice.”

 

“Yeah, before or after you scared the crap out of him?” Ha Rin countered.

 

“It’s fun playing the over protective brother.” He smiled.

 

Ha Rin heaved an irritated sigh and marched back to the dining room table.

 

 


 

“Better not stay up too late Chunsa,” Her brother teased, glancing at the clock, “You have a date tomorrow,

“Shut up, Byunghun.”

 

“What happened to Oppa?” He said dangerously as he playfully leaned against the table with both hands pressed against the wooden surface.” DO you care to repeat that?”

 

“Shut up, Byunghun.” She repeated emphasising every syllable before poking out her tongue.

 

“That’s it!” He yelled as he leaped forward and began tickling her sides.

 

Ha Rin tried her best to wriggle away but she couldn’t without falling off her chair.

 

“O-Okay, Oppa!” she said between giggles as she gasped for air, “Mianhae.”

 

“He stopped his version of torture and stepped back. “Thank you.”

 

“So when that Youngjae boy said ‘everyone else’, who was he talking about?” Byunghun questioned, sitting down in the closest chair.

 

“His five other friends,” Ha Rin replied slowly.

 

“Ooh,  meow…” he winked making claw motions.

 

“Oppa!” She scolded, before fake crying again, “Why are you so creepy?”

 


 

 

The next morning she awoke to her brothers face in her face as he shook her awake. “Oppa, it’s Saturday. Let me sleep.” She whines as she rolled to her other side.

 

“Come on! Out of bed. You have that date with those six boys today!” He enthused as he ripped the blankets off her bed causing Ha Rin to hiss at the sudden whisp of coldness.

 

“Five more minutes…” She grumbled, waving him away with her hand.

 

“But it’s 12 now. Didn’t he say he’ll be here at 1?”

 

Ha Rin shot her eyes open and ran towards the bathroom to get ready. I only have an hour?!

 


 

The Sound of the doorbell rang through the house. As Ha Rin was still getting ready, Byunghun took the liberty of opening the door.

 

The door swung open to reveal Youngjae and Daehyun.

 

“Ah, annyeonghaseyo.” The boys bowed.

 

“You must be the knuckleheads taking out my sister,” He initially meant that as a joke but they looked too nervous to realise. Byunghun gestured them towards the living room. These kids…

 

“She’ll be down soon.” He said as he sat down causing them to do so too. “Where are the rest of you?”

 

“T-They’re  meeting us there,” Daehyun bravely informed. Both of their faces looked serious; being so careful as to what they say and do in front of him. Byunghun was laughing inside.

“I’m trusting you to look after my baby sister,” he stated firmly, deciding to play around with them a little. “One little, itty bitty scratch, “He moved forward on his seat, “You don’t want to know what happens.”

 

The blood flushed from the two boys’ faces and the horrified look in their faces almost set the older boy into a fit of laughter. They’re so easy to mess with.

 

Ha Rin quickly raced down the stairs and towards where the two boys and her brother were sitting. Byunghun with a big smile plastered on his face and Daehyun and Youngjae who looked like they’d seen a ghost.

 

“I’m sorry for making you wait,” she bowed slightly.

 

“It’s okay,” Youngjae assured as he got up, Daehyun following. Those two were relieved she came down, any longer with her brother and they might have had an aneurism. Ha Rin waved goodbye to her brother.

 

“Have fun, Chunsa!” He whispered so she could hear, giving her an excited thumbs up in return.

 

Daehyun opened the front door and was the first one to walk out.

 

“Next time,” he said so only Youngjae could hear, “You’re going in there alone.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hey Guys! I'm finally on holidays^^ *happy dance* So you can expect a few more updates.

 

 

I made this update extra long... to make up for how long it's been since I've updated.... I hate being sick.

I'm all better now though so yeah.

 

Hope you enjoyed the update <3

 

Mehrong :p